Grand Canyon University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Grand Canyon University

Carol

Grand Canyon University is an awesome place to be on the ground or online. They care about student success and provide students with the tools and resources to be successful. The professors are concerned about students and they take notice when students aren't doing their best. Professors are available to answer questions and address concerns. They are truly passionate about teaching and seeing students make it to graduation.

Haley

When I went to visit Grand Canyon University on the discover trip it was awesome. Everyone there is super nice and welcoming. The school also seems to provide so many outside activities, along with a lot of academic classes and help for students. The campus is really nice and clean and seems to be very safe all around.

Katlyn

My overall opinion of Grand Canyon University is that as a freshman and only a about a month into the school year it has been a good experience so far. I see people saying how incredibly stressed out they are and how depressed they feel when in college but, here at GCU I feel like I'm an a community that cares for everyone. There is always events going on to get you social and make friends at. The professors want you to extend out your hand so they can help you. This is the right college for me.

Amy

In the past couple years that I have attended Grand Canyon University, I have learned so much. I never knew I could achieve the amount of success that I have since attending GCU. I am dedicated to learn all there is to know about teaching. Grand Canyon has taught me that anything is possible, you just need to put your mind to it and the stars are within reach. Since attending college I am further to achieving my dream of becoming an Elementary School Teacher. I am excited and I am tickled to finish my path here at Grand Canyon University.

Arianne

This school has been incredible. Being a single mother I was worried about pay for school and the student advisor made sure and got me through the entire set up. Including a schedule I could manage.

Devon

I am currently taking online classes and the environment is really good. The only bad thing I have to say is that some time when trying to reach my counselor it can be difficult with me living out of state and only taking online courses. The classes are great though. Easy to manage with working 1 full time and 1 part time job.

Victoria

Beautiful campus and friendly people, it’s home away from home! I would recommend this school to anyone who is looking for a good environment with decent people and an overall fun atmosphere! There’s always something going on the encourages involvement to anyone!

Jasmine

Grand Canyon University has the best environment in the city. They provide so much for the students living on campus and off campus. There are so many activities that students can join. Grand Canyon University also have a huge amount of great classes such as having a cadaver lab for students to examine and experience. Over all it’s a fantastic campus to participate in.

Brenda

I attended Grand Canyon University in 2016 after I began working for them as a student services counselor. It was a very different experience for me because I had never taken online classes before. I taught many with a community college but never took any online. I was very self-regulated and knew exactly what I wanted with this Master of Public Health degree. At first, it was difficult and required quite a bit of time management. I felt this program was very rigorous and all content relevant to the field of study. I graduated the top of my class.

Tierra

I love this college and would not go to no other college. I love the faculty that works here they are s o friendly and helpful. The professors are full of knowledge and when reexplain the assignment. The programs that the GCU offer are very in depth and provides their students with the knowledge they need to do the job that is intended to the degree.

Tim

The college is absolutely fantastic I could not have been rolled in a better College online the instructors are easily are easy to get in contact with a a very knowledgeable students are very friendly staff outstanding if you need any question they are there to answer them very knowledgeable there is a great Library and online schooling available at Grand Canyon University I have tried other colleges I have found Grand Canyon to be the absolute best they also are a christian-based college which I enjoyed very much

MARIAH

I think That the school is over all wonderful the professors make learning fun and easy. I'm very thankful that we are all here to learn so you don't get the uneasy feeling when you put your all into a assignment. The class mates are very easy to get along with and we all take turns explaining something to one another if one is stuck so know one gets left behind. The teachers don't over load you with homework so everything is manageable and easy to understand. and if you don't understand you can ask one of the professors and they don't make you feel dumb for asking questions because they encourage it. They think that everything should be explained if you cant understand they also encourage helping one another so we get to know one another better. campus is chill and laid back. Normally you here about people partying but that is not us at all. We take pride in relaxing when we get down time and going out to eat because there is many place to choose from. Me and few other always like to go see new movies that come out and it makes fun and exiting. We also plan study dates with good food we go half on food and put all our effort in getting a good grade.

Veronica

I love this school! It has such a safe and welcoming environment. I love the dorms and the extra actives they have availability. The counselors are so nice and the teacher will have one on one time with the students. The dorms are conformable and I look forward to living on campus this fall semester! Go Lopes!!

Tany

Grand Canyon University is mostly known for their aesthetics. There is zero doubt that the campus is beautiful, yet very small. There is little to no diversity, and the students seem a bit off or cult-like. They also have ridiculous rules. For instance, last semester I locked myself out of my room, in which a fee was entailed of ten dollars. I could empathize with some sort of penalty because it makes students more cautious. However, if that fine is not paid within 24hours, it increases to $50, which is absurd to do to a college student. A friend of mine was sexually assaulted and decided to report the incident to the school. In result, the school did nothing. The students are very child-like, and does not seem like an ordinary college. In addition, almost every individual I have spoken to battles some sort of mental illness, and there was even a suicide that took place on campus. The college promotes energy drinks in high dosages, and I have known many people that have gotten very sick from the drinks and food on campus. I have always had a lot of friends, and always had a happy life. I loved my freshman year because the school offers a lot to freshmen. However, when my second year had rolled around, I had developed severe anxiety and depression, alongside with a severe eating disorder. It is concerning to someone that has never dealt with these things before. I have seeked on-campus help, in which they said they would notify me when we can schedule an appointment. Never heard from them again. It is a very strange and scary atmosphere after awhile. Lots of drugs and drinking, and the faculty isn't always fair about the violations enforced. I was left with $70 worth of damages that were not mine, but my roommates. Very money hungry! Please stay away. It is not okay there, and there is seriously something very wrong with their system.

The overall curriculum, education-based aspect of Grand canyon is extremely fulfilling. I do feel there could be more activities, clubs and opportunities to get involved offered at this school. The affordability to live on campus is virtually impossible. I feel like I'm missing so much more by not connecting with my peers and having access to resources only available to on campus students. By paying for college on my own and having two jobs I feel they should be able to make School tuition and campus available at a more affordable rate.

Michelle

I love the ease of communication and all the help from the various faculty members. Being able to interact with the other students and have your say without being judged is nice as well. I have had nothing but good experiences since starting and would recommend anyone giving them a try.

Alyson

This university is focused on academics, but also the well being of students. Basketball is the main sport at this school and the best way to show school spirit is by dressing up and going to a game. Professors are very accessible on campus, as well as on the student portal. The best part about campus is GCBC, the student coffee shop a and study are. Lopes Up!

Isabelle

I love every aspect of GCU it is a place I am proud to call home.

Rachael

Overall my experience with Grand Canyon University has been great. The advisors are always available for questions, and the professors are always will to help (even during off office house in most cases). I don't go on campus, so I'm not sure about campus life, but the online platform is easy to follow and the programs are vary straight forward.

Julia

I like it so far. I like my professors and the students are nice. I take classes online and I am going to pursue a degree in Elementary and Special Education. I like the pace of the online environment. I think there is a lot of great learning ahead of me.

Abrianna

Grand Canyon University is an amazing school. Here on campus they help you with anything you need, they are very supportive, and are faith based. They have plenty of resources that can help you with your general education classes, the classes for your major, getting a job, and having a balance between school and your social life. I love being a student here at GCU because, my professors are very helpful, there are many places that will help me make sure that I am completing my work correctly, the campus is amazing, and the balance that they have between school work and social life is amazing.

Kaylee

I think it is an awesome school all around , with the caring hearts of the professors and the huge amount of both campus activities and clubs, GCU does a great job of nurturing both a student's social and academic needs. The school is a Christian school, so for those who desire it, there is opportunity for spiritual growth all over campus .

The school is okay, I like that it is Christian based but I am struggling with having enough financial aid to finish out of last year of school. My counselor has not been much help in this area. I am dissapointed as I have done this much work and came this far.

Robyn

I love my school. My advisor is so polite and prompt. The atmosphere is comfortable and my instructors are so intuitive to the class room. The class work is informational and the course is easy to follow. When I need anything my team is there to assist me and I feel like I am being taught a quality education.

The environment at the school feels like an endless hug. What I mean by that is everyone is so nice there is never a time where you feel unsafe. The environment feels like a home and never stops feeling like that. The professors seem very enclosed in the students academic achievement and genuinely want to help toward your goals.

Lia

I absolutely love this school! I am so grateful and blessed to be apart of such an amazing community. I feel so very supported and encouraged, my counselors and teachers are always available and have truly helped me make some amazing goals! GCU is amazing!

nicholas

My overall opinion of GCU is that it is a good school if you want it to be. It is very easy to get in meaning there are all kinds of people there. They advertise as a Christian university and I think deep down they are. Since there was so many different kind of people there I don't think Christian ideals and fellowship was always the main focus to a majority of people. There are still Christians there if you know where to look. Most people will also say they are Christians but like most people they didn't always live it out. But if you try or maybe they will come to you, you can find people that seek Gods love and fellowship with Christ and will recognize there flaws and constantly reach for perfection even though they know they will never be prefect and that's okay. I didn't participate in much but they have many opportunities for you to meet new people and join groups or clubs or just make new friends in general. GCU is a good school if you choose it to be.

Angelica

Overall my opinion of Grand Canyon University is that the campus is a pretty good size. The classrooms are size is small depending on the class and there is the exceedingly high ability in getting help when needed. I think this campus is fun and amazing to be around.

James

When I went to go visit Grand Canyon University on a Discovery Trip, it was one of the best campus experiences that I have ever had. All of the students are interactive along with the students and staff. It was a great experience. Compared to some of the California State Universities that I have visited, Grand Canyon University isn't anywhere close to as crowded as Universities such as Long Beach, Northridge, and Dominquez Hills. Along with the population being pretty low compared to the other universities, Grand Canyon's Campus space is significantly bigger than the Cal States. For a new, blooming university, I find it incredible that a new college has such a large campus along with new facilities and equipment.

Courtney

Amazing college! I would recommend and encourage anyone to attend GCU and join the family. The teachers and academic staff are like family and always ready and willing to help you. Even though this is a Christian college you do not have to have certain beliefs one way another, however if you have questions they will be answered!

Faith

It is a great school and the people seem nice.

Jonathan

There is such an engaging and loving atmosphere. When there is an issue, the students have the ability for their voice to be heard. The spiritual life is amazing and so comforting to know that God is working both on campus and all around in the lives of students, faculty and staff. I would 100% recommend you apply for GCU if you have the opportunity and your aspired major is available.

Katherine Jill

The online opportunities are phenomenal! The professors give unbiased feedback on assignment, clearly follow the rubrics, and participate in online discussions. Students academics success, applying learned knowledge to real-world experience, leadership, and how to apply a Christian Worldview are top online priorities displayed. The online library is the best resource and the online help with navigating and tutoring are top-notch.

Adella

I honestly love Grand Canyon university

Leigh

GCU is a very accommodating and challenging university. I take my classes online, but my instructors are very accessible and easy to talk to. The discussions between classmates is very stimulating and relative and sometimes helps with my classroom skills. My advisors are FANTASTIC! I have two of them and they are very good at keeping me in the loop and they take the time to contact me periodically to check in with me and make sure that I am stress-free and on-track. I would highly recommend GCU to anyone from freshman to PhD.

April

I think this is a great school, i am an online student who enjoys attending the school. I know for the last few years that i have attended the school the professors have been free to help me and answer any questions i have had about the assignments. i have two wonderful advisors, who have worked hard to help me with my education.

Rebecca

I love their ideas for campus live and the small class sizes help keep me focused.

Madeline

I transferred to Grand Canyon University after attending a state school and community college. The atmosphere and community GCU has, doesn't compares to anything I have ever experienced. I feel incredibly blessed to have the privilege to attend this University. The class size is small enough where the professors know your name and are intentional with teaching and helping students in any way they can academically or professionally. Attending this school has opened many doors and opportunities for me to gain experience and grow my resume.

Wreef

Grand Canyon University is a great school because it offers so much for the students and is one of the best schools I could have chosen. The housing is very nice and I couldn't ask for a better roommate. The major I've chosen to do his Bachelor of Science Behavioral Health Science, and I'm going to minor in Forensic Psychology and it is perfect, the teachers are very helpful and never let a student fall behind. Overall the school has shown me what I've wanted to truly do from all of the options it has listed and all of the helpful people that work there. So id recommends this school to anybody that is looking for a nice amazing Christian college.

Kacie May

I am so blessed to go to a school like Grand Canyon University. They are extremely helpful in all things academic and encourage us in all aspects of life. My professors show genuine care and are understanding when life gets in the way (which happens a lot more that I ever imagined). I love the campus, my professors, and the endless opportunities this school provides.

temprist

The school is very involved within the community and tries to accompany all its students. Whether that be commuters, full time, or master student they aim for every demographic. There is always an event everyday. GCU is also big on finding your purpose and building the best students.

I enjoy the atmosphere that is created and instilled here at Grand Canyon University. It is a very safe environment and they always give you endless opportunities for your academics. They offer an abundant amount of resourceful programs that are related to your intended major and provide assistance to help you with any struggles that a student might encounter. Overall, the college is dedicated in allowing their students to thrive in an environment that they can pursue their dreams and goals for their future.

Kendra

I am currently a off campus student taking my courses on line. I haven chosen to do on line courses as I live to far from the campus. Even though my courses are on line the student I take courses with there is a lot communication, support and comradeship. The professors I have taken classes with are fantastic with communication, assistance and response time either through email or phone calls. Over all I will rate Grand Canyon University a 10 out of 10.

Ab

My overall opinion about GCU is that it’s the best university ever. Being a student there I have been welcomed by every new person I have met and every teacher who has taught me. There are always events put on by CAB or ASGCU and the school spirit is amazing. Basketball is a huge event and most students attend basketball and are passionate about the lopes because our sports program is GREAT!! It’s cool to be nice and social and to love GCU. I love GCU so much I applied and am going to be a student leader next year!! So excited!!

Jaedyn

I really enjoy the campus. The people are friendly and the atmosphere is so uplifting. I feel so safe here and the roommate search survey really made sure I had the best roommates. They are so nice! The professors and the admissions counselors are extremely helpful and I never got that at any other campus I applied too. Truly love GCU

Larissa

Grand Canyon University is a great school. They push their students to do better in their academics, sports, and more. They are always offering ways to help with classes. Professors have their office hours, multiple ACE Centers to get help from students who have previously taken that course and passed with a good grade, learning lounges, and more. They are very passionate about making sure each student succeeds. They constantly have events going on to push people to be involved in the school and have fun. They also make sure there are events occurring to help students destress from finals.

Tracy

Grand Canyon offers a variety of teaching techniques. I choose to do online which works well for me. The professors are very accessible and the assignments are assigned with a realistic completion date. Most online students work, so they are able to complete at their own pace. Interaction with students is a maximum because several assignments are group assignments.

Sydney

Grand Canyon University is a great school to attend and the atmosphere of all the kids hustling around enjoying themselves is a nice touch to the campus. The only downfall I have about the school is that the location is not very college friendly and can be scary sometimes if you do not know the area very well. Over the past few years they have really made the campus feel like a top notch school with all of the events and activities that they have to offer.

Shea

I have nothing particularly bad to say about Grand Canyon University. However, I would inform anyone interested in attending that it is a Christian university and almost everyone on campus is a Christian. If you are not a Christian, you may feel like a little bit of an outsider, but everyone is extremely welcoming. Christian life and faith is involved in every course you take and teachers are required to mention it at some point during the semester.

James

The School itself is a really good school. It has lots of options and opportunities for students to get into and try out as part of the college experience. I enjoy how everything is set up and run and that there are so many things to do on and off campus.