Grand Rapids, MI
Grand Rapids Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Grand Rapids Community College

Morgan

Going to college is hard work and it takes more dedication than you think. Take school seriously, buckle down and stay focused. Rid your life of distractions. Stay on top of your studies, finances, and social life. Find a good balance in all you do. Most importantly, remember this is what is preparing you for your future, so don't ever give up on learning.

Anyone! There is room for all shapes, sizes, colors and personalities. The more variety the better!

It's convienent, and for the first time ever, I enjoy school. It's hands on learning!

Heather

I don't really know them yet; like I said I'm new; but I think they would be good poeple to get to know.

I would tell myself to think it through: what I want to do; where I want to go; just because your dead-set on a certain thing doesn't mean you should close your mind off to other options. Sometimes the first choice isn't always the right one; sometimes the second or third option is the best. Also when choosing a major look at all your options; the first one might seem like it gives you everything; but there are other ones that can be just as fulfiiling, and they might give you better opportunities. When making your decisions about schools and majors just remember to check out every opportunity and that they don't have to be what you originally planned; they just have to "fit" ; if you do that then you'll find the right one.

I don't know; maybe those who don't want to go to a community college. If someone wants to attend this school they schould; I'm a new student but I know that it's a fairly good school with a fair amount of academic and extra-curricular opportunities and it's a great place to start your college experience (if you choose a transfer program.)

Sandy

My classmates are very nice.

My classmates are very nice.

If I could go back, I would probably have gotten into some AP course, because I was not prepared for college courses as I thought I would be. I should have looked into more careers than thinking I would not change my mind. I would also tell myself that, just because I am given more freedom in college, I shouldn't think that I can settle for just okay. I needed to still work as hard as I did in high school. I thought I was prepared for my first year in college, but I wasn't its completely a different atmosphere than high school. I would just make sure to tell myself not to pretend I know certain material to cut my study time short. I should form a schedule to make sure I don't fall behind.

A community college does not give the whole college atmosphere, but it is closer to home.

Hilary

What is unique about my school compared to others is that there are many choices in classes, degrees, and fields of study. My school also stands apart because they offer help to those who need it achedemically as well as offer many opportunities for work and entertainment. You can never be bored there. One last advantage for me is that it is right in the center of down town.

If I were to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would advise myself on these three things for the college life. First of all, pay attention in class. When you pay attention in class you are more likely to succed in the class and on any tests that you may have. Second, do whatever it takes to successfully graduate. This meaning work hard on every class and think of eachone as your only chance for graduation. Finally, balance your life. You need to be able to balance your school life with your social life and personal life. Doing this will keep you stable and successfull. When it becomes unblanced something will suffer, usually your school work. For this finaly point you mainly have to prioritize everything that you have going on in your life. There would be many more tid-bits of advice I would give myself but I think that these three are the most important for me.

I consider the best thing about my school to be the staff, students, and classes. The staff because they are very willing to help you in succeding in the goals you have set in place for yourself. The students because they are very friendly and it is a very diverse campus, which I love. Finally, the classes because they talk about things I am interested in and work around my schedule. My school is the best choice for me and many others.

Grand Rapids Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.