Grand Rapids, MI
Grand Rapids Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Grand Rapids Community College

Annah

My school is unique because they are a community college, but they offer a huge amount of classes. It is also right downtown in Grand Rapids, which is a very nice city to spend time in. I love being downtown for school.

If I could go back to my high school senior self, I would tell myself a few things. I would say to spend more time with friends, because they will be gone soon and nothing will ever be the same. I would say to apply for more scholarships, because financial aid is only out to get you. I would say to appreciate time with family more, because before you know it, you will be on your own and you will miss them. More advice for my former self would be to call my cousins more. As you age, you tend to forget that your family members also age. My last piece of advice would be to enjoy every single moment of senior year, because even though it sounds cliché, it will be over before you know it.

The worst thing about my school is that there is no sense of community. The student body is hugely divided, and I do not have a single friend on campus. I would really enjoy being able to live at school.

The advice I would give myself as a high school senior would be to not care what anybody thinks of you. In college, I've learned that nobody cares about your popularity. It's all just a high school game. When you get into the real world, does it really matter? Don't think of yourself as too good to talk to certain people. We're all humans, we just choose different ways to present who we are to the world. I would tell myself to study harder, it'll be worth it when you get to college. It might have scored myself a higher ACT score. And most definitely, apply for those scholarships. Nobody really understands how beneficial they really are. It's the effort and lack of motivation that people don't want to put into them. If I had that chance, I would redo my whole senior year of high school knowing what I know now. All that time we fought to be better than one another wasn't worth it. Being higher up on the popularity scale didn't mean anything. It's what you make of your life in college now that's important.

I wish I had know that there was the lakeshore campus. I didn't know right at the beginning, but after I figured it out i've been scheduling all my classes there.

Really there is nobody who shouldn't attend this school if they aren't prepared for college and want to pursue a degree.

My school is unique and you get so much more knowledge for your buck than you think you will when you first apply.

If I could talk to my former high school self, I would tell her: "Stop worrying so much about planning your future and just live it." I was so focused on the one thing I had wanted to do my entire life that I never stopped to think it might not end up being what I actually went to school for. If I had known then that I would go through 3 majors and 3 different colleges by my junior year, maybe I would have focused more on my general education and would have been forced to think about more than one career choice. I had been told that students changed their majors constantly to figure out what they wanted... I just didn't think it would happen to me. My former self couldn't have been more wrong.

I think the best thing about my school is that the professors here are experts in their field and have a lot of really great conncetions to people in the industry. They are knowledgable and teach us really great tricks and tips to further our education even after we've graduated.

shelby

After all is said and done, I would tell myself to just be me, don’t change anything. You are where you are because of where you have been. You will gain confidence because you have been riculed and you will have direction because you have felt lost. People underestimate direction in college, but I have found it will give you the desire to work for your future . High school is a learning experience, don’t forget the lessons you learned there. College will be the same, but once you know who you are, all the rest becomes achieveable. College is going to be really hard at times, but you have made it through harder. I’m not promising that it will be easy, just that it will be worth it.

do not attend this school if you are looking for lots of hands on, interactive learning.

Parking is expensive and can be difficult to find.

Raymond

First, I would tell myself that I am about to enter a completely different ball game in college vs high school. There will be many different activities to do and different methods to utilize your time. While these different activities and methods may seem enticing, it is important to focus on a limited number of extracurriculars and put the rest of the focus toward your long term goals, whether they are receiving good grades, networking, or planning how to be the best college student possible. Second, I would tell myself to find a strong mentor immediately. You will need a mentor throughout college to alleviate potential problems that may arise. Your mentor most likely has been through college before or knows how to work the system to save you the pain and unneccessary consequences. Last, I would tell myself to p.l.a.n. This is the name of the game in college. You can graduate with your 4-year degree, but if you do not complete any planning, then you wont be able to apply your knowledge and skills that you learned from your college experience. Planning may include netowrking or even contacting potential future employers well before graduation.

A person eager to go to college but may want to save funds should attend Grand Rapids Community College. A person who wants to get a feel for the college course load before diving into a 4-year-university should attend GRCC. A person who wants to receive a great education at a lower price than a four year university should attend GRCC. One who wants hand on training should also attend. Last, a person who has finished their undergraduate degree but still wants to take courses at a lesser rate than a 4-year-university should attend GRCC.

Katie

Very creative and outgoing friendly individuals.

Very creative and outgoing friendly individuals.

As a college junnior, looking back one might say that they would tell their high school senior self that they should party less or something along those lines. I never took any liking to those "typpical" college activities. To me it was about making friends and finding the people I knew I could trust and lean on. However, I wouldn't give just that one piece of advice. Friends are everything to me, but what would have really helped me get through is if I would have applied for more scholarships and found a job to get money for school. I'm in a lot of debt right now and I feel bad that my parents still have to support me. I want to support myself but the classes I take are super expensive as an art major. Not only do I have to pay for my classes but all the art supplies as well, and it adds up really fast. If I could take away the debt from myself and my parents it would be a great blessing, that is why I would give my high school self advice to apply for scholorships, get a job, & save up money.

That I would have to have money saved up for art supplies.

Maddison

Dear me, Living by yourself is not a walk in the park as you probably assume. There is a lot of work that goes into it. Trying to juggle school and work is not an easy task. There are a lot of sacrifices that need to be made in the real world. You will lose friends and there will be hardships but you jsut have to know that all f the sacrifices and struggles will be worth it in the end. Push through and think of the future and don't dwell in the past.

I wish I had known that I relly do need to study that college is nothing like high school at all. Also that there is a lot more effort that needs to be put in to homework assignments.

Grand Rapids Community College is a very good school. It prepares you to work hard and be determined to be successful. You sacrifice alot of time and effort to learn and to achieve success at GRCC. It was a wonderful experience for me where I learned alot. I am grateful for the opportunity to attend schoolat GRCC. it has prepared me for the next steps in my life.

Its best known for its education and diversity.

Be patient, stay focused and continue to rmeber your goals. This is your life. You live with the knowledge of knowing what you put in to your education is what you will get out. I want success more than anythin. I

Grand Rapids Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.