Grand Rapids, MI
Grand Rapids Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Grand Rapids Community College

Raymond

First, I would tell myself that I am about to enter a completely different ball game in college vs high school. There will be many different activities to do and different methods to utilize your time. While these different activities and methods may seem enticing, it is important to focus on a limited number of extracurriculars and put the rest of the focus toward your long term goals, whether they are receiving good grades, networking, or planning how to be the best college student possible. Second, I would tell myself to find a strong mentor immediately. You will need a mentor throughout college to alleviate potential problems that may arise. Your mentor most likely has been through college before or knows how to work the system to save you the pain and unneccessary consequences. Last, I would tell myself to p.l.a.n. This is the name of the game in college. You can graduate with your 4-year degree, but if you do not complete any planning, then you wont be able to apply your knowledge and skills that you learned from your college experience. Planning may include netowrking or even contacting potential future employers well before graduation.

A person eager to go to college but may want to save funds should attend Grand Rapids Community College. A person who wants to get a feel for the college course load before diving into a 4-year-university should attend GRCC. A person who wants to receive a great education at a lower price than a four year university should attend GRCC. One who wants hand on training should also attend. Last, a person who has finished their undergraduate degree but still wants to take courses at a lesser rate than a 4-year-university should attend GRCC.

Katie

Very creative and outgoing friendly individuals.

Very creative and outgoing friendly individuals.

As a college junnior, looking back one might say that they would tell their high school senior self that they should party less or something along those lines. I never took any liking to those "typpical" college activities. To me it was about making friends and finding the people I knew I could trust and lean on. However, I wouldn't give just that one piece of advice. Friends are everything to me, but what would have really helped me get through is if I would have applied for more scholarships and found a job to get money for school. I'm in a lot of debt right now and I feel bad that my parents still have to support me. I want to support myself but the classes I take are super expensive as an art major. Not only do I have to pay for my classes but all the art supplies as well, and it adds up really fast. If I could take away the debt from myself and my parents it would be a great blessing, that is why I would give my high school self advice to apply for scholorships, get a job, & save up money.

That I would have to have money saved up for art supplies.

Maddison

Dear me, Living by yourself is not a walk in the park as you probably assume. There is a lot of work that goes into it. Trying to juggle school and work is not an easy task. There are a lot of sacrifices that need to be made in the real world. You will lose friends and there will be hardships but you jsut have to know that all f the sacrifices and struggles will be worth it in the end. Push through and think of the future and don't dwell in the past.

I wish I had known that I relly do need to study that college is nothing like high school at all. Also that there is a lot more effort that needs to be put in to homework assignments.

Grand Rapids Community College is a very good school. It prepares you to work hard and be determined to be successful. You sacrifice alot of time and effort to learn and to achieve success at GRCC. It was a wonderful experience for me where I learned alot. I am grateful for the opportunity to attend schoolat GRCC. it has prepared me for the next steps in my life.

Its best known for its education and diversity.

Be patient, stay focused and continue to rmeber your goals. This is your life. You live with the knowledge of knowing what you put in to your education is what you will get out. I want success more than anythin. I

Rachele

Do the very best you can in class. Go and get the advance placement classes. Work hard, Study harder. Take you ACT, and SAT, and get the highest you can. Make the right friends, and do your best to not get into any trouble.

Grand Rapids Community College is so afforadable. And it is so close to everything in Grand Rapids. Also They make it easy to transfer to another college.

Lazaro

Practice more with adobe suite for illustrating.

I attend the Kendall College of Art and Design. People that should attend this school are people that are creatively inclined and are not afraid to go outside their confort zone because as fellow artist we are already weird so it doesnt matter anymore.

Rebecca

If I could give advice to the high school me, I would tell them that they need to work hard in school, apply for scholorships, save money and most of all enjoy it. Looking back I have realized that eventhough I thought high school was difficult sometimes it doesn't come close to college. I would also tell myself to take advantage of the free time you get in high school yet still stay focused on my studies and get good grades, which could lead to scholarships.

That our school doesn't provide housing .

Being a fulltime student is very time consuming and hard job but I know it will all be worth it in the end.

TIMOTHY

kendall college of art and design offers many degrees in the arts including funiture design, digital media, and many other great programs. The teachers are dedicated to work with you and make you successful and prepare you for the work force. One way that they do that is every semester have previous students come in the college and present there work. They even give advice on how we can make out portfolios better and give us a better standing of the work force.

If i would give one peice of advice it would be to take every opperuntity you get and explore it. Join new clubs, get to know people, and most important, have fun. If you aren't having fun, you aren't going to succused in life. Do what makes you happy and not for someone else. Only then will you truly injoy life and live the way you want to

People that have art skills and that injoy art all around should attend here.

Grand Rapids Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.