Grand Rapids, MI
Grand Rapids Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Grand Rapids Community College

Rachele

Do the very best you can in class. Go and get the advance placement classes. Work hard, Study harder. Take you ACT, and SAT, and get the highest you can. Make the right friends, and do your best to not get into any trouble.

Grand Rapids Community College is so afforadable. And it is so close to everything in Grand Rapids. Also They make it easy to transfer to another college.

Lazaro

Practice more with adobe suite for illustrating.

I attend the Kendall College of Art and Design. People that should attend this school are people that are creatively inclined and are not afraid to go outside their confort zone because as fellow artist we are already weird so it doesnt matter anymore.

Rebecca

If I could give advice to the high school me, I would tell them that they need to work hard in school, apply for scholorships, save money and most of all enjoy it. Looking back I have realized that eventhough I thought high school was difficult sometimes it doesn't come close to college. I would also tell myself to take advantage of the free time you get in high school yet still stay focused on my studies and get good grades, which could lead to scholarships.

That our school doesn't provide housing .

Being a fulltime student is very time consuming and hard job but I know it will all be worth it in the end.

TIMOTHY

kendall college of art and design offers many degrees in the arts including funiture design, digital media, and many other great programs. The teachers are dedicated to work with you and make you successful and prepare you for the work force. One way that they do that is every semester have previous students come in the college and present there work. They even give advice on how we can make out portfolios better and give us a better standing of the work force.

If i would give one peice of advice it would be to take every opperuntity you get and explore it. Join new clubs, get to know people, and most important, have fun. If you aren't having fun, you aren't going to succused in life. Do what makes you happy and not for someone else. Only then will you truly injoy life and live the way you want to

People that have art skills and that injoy art all around should attend here.

Grand Rapids Community College is a great transition into the real world. The smaller class sizes make for a much better learning experience than a big university. It has all the best aspects of the big city, with the heart of Grand Rapids only a short walk away. With the caring attitudes of the students as well as the faculty, it makes the transition from high school to the college setting easy and unstressful. The experience of going to a community college is something I'm so thankful to have recieved.

Dear High School Senior Me, You can cry, but just a little bit on your graduation day. Be proud of yourself for making it this far, but just know that it only goes up from here. You're officially in the big leagues. You don't realize this, but the decisions your make after today will effect you for the rest of your life. Please, no matter how tempting, do NOT post all the dramaties of your life on Facebook. You're too mature for that now. There's no time for cliques and bullying in college. Also, it's so sweet how you think you're going to marry your boyfriend, but you're probably not-- break up with him ASAP. It's also time to stop defying your parents. Those silly rules and curfews you hated will be understood in about 5 years. You're going to need them in a lot more ways than you think you will. Lastly, past Me, I'd like to tell you not to worry too much, but worry a little. Because that small amount of fear is what will drive the passion out of you that you'll need. Love, YourFutureSelf

Anyone who has ever gone to or visited Grand Rapids Community College will tell you that the most frustrating thing is: Parking. The 6-story parking ramp is no walk in the park to deal with at 9 in the morning. Although as frustrating as the parking ramp can be a hastle at times, other times it's completely empty and actually a quite convienient place to safely park your car.

Alexis

As a high school student going into college the best advice I could give you is to not be afraid of failing. Many obstacles will present themseleves throughout your years not only relating to studies but financial and personal as well. I advise to accept your failures and faults and pride yourself on being able to turn them around. You will make mistakes and it's only natural because were human however, nothing says determination as much as falling down on your knees then getting right back up and running in the race. Know that everything you do is for your future and that because your working towards your own success your the only one who can decide how hard your going to work for it. Remember to take risks for when we takes these risks we learn our weaknesses. Knowing your weaknesses is the greatest piece of motivation, it will allow you to turn those weaknesses in to your strengths. As for the new insight and discoveries that interest you the most be sure to incorporate them into your goals only to enhance them and leave you going in the same direction but with a better expectation for sucess.

Darian

So, little me, you're graduating in a couple of weeks. That's a big deal. You're on your way to the rest of your life! I know exactly what you're feeling at this moment; you're scared and excited, you have no idea whether life on your own sounds like a great adventure or a terrifying Stephen King novel about to take a dark turn. I know that life in high school must've seemed the like the high point of our life, but let me reassure you those days are still on the horizon, little me. Right now college is a daunting thing, and no doubt you'll go through some hardships and stumble a bit, but hey, I'll let you know if I ever found someone who had a smooth first year at college. So what do we do when times get rough? We fight our way through it. That's just who we are. Biggest point of mine, don't worry about what you can't change. Push through it, find a way to make yourself flexible, rise to the challenge. You're gonna go places, kid. See you in a few years.

Well, I actually attend the Kendall College of Art and Design in Grand Rapids, but since the college was not listed, I just picked GRCC because it's the next closest building...perhaps someone should stick Kendall on that list. For the prospective students, I'll tell you that Kendall is a wonderful school with hundreds of brilliant minds. It's helped me develop and explore new skills and has instilled in me a healthy desire to get out into the world and strut my stuff.

While there's a lot to love about an art school and all the creative elbow room Kendall gives me, the location of the school alone is a fantastic thing. Grand Rapids is a small, close-knit town that's cleverly disguised as a big city. People are kind and friendly, it's easy to navigate and on top of that the city is well maintained. Grand Rapids and Kendall alike both have several yearly events, and that means there's always something for students and citizens to go and do. That keeps us all happy!

Melissa

I would tell myself to save up as much money as possible. The expenses of going to an art school and living on your own costs more than youve ever spent before in your whole life. The reason I say to save as much before you go is because having a job and going to school really limits the time you will have to do homework. You never know how long it will take to make a successful piece of art. I would tell myself that no mater how big the campus or how intimidating the other artists are that you have to give yourself a chance. Dont set yourself up for failure, give yourself enough time to do projects and do not procrastinate. Dont be afraid to ask for help, thats what your professors are there for. Think positively about projects and professors untill you actually have a reason to not like them. Think of going to school as an oppourtunity, some people in the world dont even get to go to high school. In the end you're doing this for yourself to become a well educated person and succesful artist. YOU CAN DO THIS!

A lazy or unmotivated person. You dont have to be Picasso when you start but you have to WANT to work towards it. Art school takes a lot of dedication and time. Per week I spent at least 30 hours out of school doing homework. Art students are typically procrastinators but that is what will really hurt you. Once you get behind in one thing its like your behind in everything and the stress is overwhelming. Do not procrastinate!

The cost of supplies! Tuition at Kendall College of Art and Design is around 17 grand a year. This does not include the money I have to spend on supplies for all of my classes. Plus the cost of books and also they make you buy a Macbook Pro. The college does not offer any kind of housing. They suggest an apartment complex that is 600 dollars a month per person! I could never be able to afford anything like that. My roomate and I were forced to go house hunting in an unfimilair city.

Grand Rapids Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.