Grand Rapids Community College Top Questions

Kristyn

Great professors.

bill

online classes

Rachele

Grand Rapids Community College is so afforadable. And it is so close to everything in Grand Rapids. Also They make it easy to transfer to another college.

Darian

While there's a lot to love about an art school and all the creative elbow room Kendall gives me, the location of the school alone is a fantastic thing. Grand Rapids is a small, close-knit town that's cleverly disguised as a big city. People are kind and friendly, it's easy to navigate and on top of that the city is well maintained. Grand Rapids and Kendall alike both have several yearly events, and that means there's always something for students and citizens to go and do. That keeps us all happy!

Joshua

Athletics are what my school is known for mostly. But I would have to say interactions with the professors and class room discussions. I tell my friends about the academics and the opportunities they can get from building solid relationships with peers and the professors.

Charmica

just how I want to succeed and pursue my eduacation to obtain financial stability for myself and children.

I tell all my friends that Grand Rapids Community College is one of the best in the state.

Makisha

I brag that it is in one of the most beautiful cities I have ever visited. I have travelled, but I love my school because it is in a city on the river. At night it is gorgeous white lit up, and the day time is nothing less than great as well. The city is conservative, yet open-minded, and I feel safe walking from my home in Heritage Hill to school, and also to downtown. Downtown is always exciting, and everything is a short drive away, including Lake Michigan. You cannot go wrong living in Grand Rapids.

Leslie

The cost per credit hour of GRCC is very appealing to me as a single mother of two daughters. I have tried to balance my money coming in with that going out, ans so far it is working, thank you to the low credit hour fee at GRCC. I have also found that the professors at GRCC are genuinely interested in helping the students succeed. Because the class sizes are small, I feel very much a part of the class, and the professors always offer their time to help outside of class or for whatever need the student has.

Zachary

I have finally discovered what my passion is.,cooking! I was excepted in the Culinary Arts Program at GRCC. It is one of the most highly respected programs of it's kind. I feel so fortunate to have been excepted. It is much more expensive then just going for my associates , but it's what I want to do so I know I will do well. I am so impressed with my instructors and the chefs in the program. I wish I could take more classes .Hopefully I will get a scholarship ! I am proud to be in this program.

Long

it's cheap tuition, very close to people who live in Grand Rapids (Kent County), some strict, but also there exist some really likeable funny teachers that making learning their classes better.

Kari

Grand Rapids Community College is rated one of the top community colleges in Michigan. The campus is centrally located in downtown Grand Rapids and is walking distance from local shops and restaurants. The professors are quality educators and willing to take the time to meet with students for further assistance. In the two years I have attended this school there has only been one professor that was lacking. When I contacted the head of the department they were willing to listen to my concerns and made me feel as though I had a voice.

My friends are always jealous because I know so many people from my school. Since our class sizes are so small, I've had classes with almost all of the sophomores in my school and I know everyone. I love it because not only does that make great connections, but it makes school more fun and enjoyable. I also brag about how we don't have to take a ton of general education classes. The classes we take are really only related to our major, which saves lots of money!

Morgan

It's convienent, and for the first time ever, I enjoy school. It's hands on learning!