Grand Rapids Community College

« See more reviews of Grand Rapids Community College

Knowing what I know now, I would first of all tell myself to resist starting a bonfire in the backyard to burn all of my old assignments. I have found that previous class work is very helpful. I am in organic chemistry now, and with a not-so-helpful teacher, I feel it'd be impossible to pass without my notes. In high school, teachers often gave us "cheat sheets" with short cuts to difficult problems or simply equations. These would be more than helpful to me right now.

If I could give advice to the high school me, I would tell them that they need to work hard in school, apply for scholorships, save money and most of all enjoy it. Looking back I have realized that eventhough I thought high school was difficult sometimes it doesn't come close to college. I would also tell myself to take advantage of the free time you get in high school yet still stay focused on my studies and get good grades, which could lead to scholarships.

Question I would ask myself would be not to be scared to ask questions since its a new surrounding and huge college ask questions when you don't know where things are and not to be afraid to open up. Another thing I would tell myself is save money because college is expensive and saving money will help so you have to borrow or take out anything. And enjoy it learn as much as you can and meet new people. But make sure you accomplish your goals and dreams.

Dear me, Living by yourself is not a walk in the park as you probably assume. There is a lot of work that goes into it. Trying to juggle school and work is not an easy task. There are a lot of sacrifices that need to be made in the real world. You will lose friends and there will be hardships but you jsut have to know that all f the sacrifices and struggles will be worth it in the end. Push through and think of the future and don't dwell in the past.

Knowing what I know about college life today, I would have a lot to say to my high school senior self. First of all I would tell myself that there is a really big load of opportunity, help, and diversity. In high school, i was not as fond of clubs, groups, and programs that would really expand my knowledge and understanding of myself even more, eventhough I did have great grades

Going to college is hard work and it takes more dedication than you think. Take school seriously, buckle down and stay focused. Rid your life of distractions. Stay on top of your studies, finances, and social life. Find a good balance in all you do. Most importantly, remember this is what is preparing you for your future, so don't ever give up on learning.

If i would give one peice of advice it would be to take every opperuntity you get and explore it. Join new clubs, get to know people, and most important, have fun. If you aren't having fun, you aren't going to succused in life. Do what makes you happy and not for someone else. Only then will you truly injoy life and live the way you want to

oh my darling, college seems scary now, but truly you will love it! yes there will be new friends you have to make, but you will get though, classes are difficult but make sure you dont party too much, and please dont drink. thats what screw some of my other friends over. Take a deep breath and dive in it will be all good

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, the advice I would give myself would be to take college seriously and attend yearly, save for college instead of getting student loans, and be prepared and open minded for anything.

I would tell myself to look for scholarships a lot harder than I did. I was serious about my grades, but I had no interest in searching for money to go to school. The expenses are real and they can prevent you from continuing your education if you do not have them covered.