Grand Rapids Community College Top Questions

Victor

How to get around as in where certain buildings were and what were in them because when I first started I didnt have a clue where my classes were and then when I needed to go to the fininacial office they told me what building but not where in the building but then eventually I caught on.

Taylor

I wish I had know that there was the lakeshore campus. I didn't know right at the beginning, but after I figured it out i've been scheduling all my classes there.

Katie

That I would have to have money saved up for art supplies.

Alanna

Save money!

Maddison

I wish I had known that I relly do need to study that college is nothing like high school at all. Also that there is a lot more effort that needs to be put in to homework assignments.

Bessie

I wish I had known how to fill out a fafsa correctly and that there were resources available to help me with those kinds of things. If I had known this I could have finished my degree already. Since I didn't know, I learned the hard way and had to drop out of school for a couple semesters because I filled the fafsa out wrong and was denied money.

James

I wish I had known just how easy it would be. If I had known just how easy GRCC would be, I would have worked harder at scholarships so that I could attend Grand Valley State University.

Kaitlyn

(I actually attend Kendall College of Art and Design, but it was not an option in the drop down box.) I came to college worrying more about how nervous I was, rather than understand the opportunities that were right under my nose and the beauty of going to school for what I have always dreamed of. I wish that I didn't waste so much time being shy and introverted during the first semester. After I got over that, I started to shine and really start walking towards my dreams.

Nanette

My decision to re-enter college came after much research. I know my eyes were wide open and I haven't met any surprises along the way. I know that the time spent doing the legwork has helped me to free up time for my studies now that classes have started.

Jonathon

I wish I had known more about the scholarships offered at Grand Rapids Community College. Going in I was really unprepared as far as taking advantage of oppurtunities to earn more money. Cost is one of prospective students largest concerns going in to college, and it definitly pays to know what kind of scholarships are out there and available. It's worth the time it takes to go to different websites offering scholarship money, and to check out what kind of scholarships the college is offering as well.

Makisha

I wish that I had not tried so quickly to grow up and escape my home town. I had applied to Western Michigan University's college, and I was accepted into their Art School. It is difficult to get into, so I was very excited, but once I began taking classes, I hated it. I spent the next few years wasting money and time in college, when I should have trusted my elders and gone to community college in the first place. I laugh now, but now I am incredibly in debt, and working full time while in college.