Grand View University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Grand View University

Robert

Grand View an amazing university. The people are great, the professors are great, and the community is a great one to be a part of. The campus is small so walking from class to class is very accessible and manageable. The class sizes are typically very small, and the professors work very hard to get to know each student and do everything they can to help your learning experience.

Jacob

Grand View is a great school, all the teachers and students are very kind and helpful. I feel when I graduate I will leave with a very good education. The facility is well taken care of and very nice, I know i can count on my professors if i need them. Overall its a great university.

Alexander

Grand View is a safe environment that we are encouraged to learn and express ourselves. Most of us are in sports as extra incentives to stay in school and do well. Most times in our campus life activities we have staff involved because we are encouraged to develop good relationships with adults on campus so we would feel comfortable talking to them if we ever needed to.

Devin

It is a very diverse community and small campus. I enjoy the short walks from building to building, although I am already a junior, it is great having to stay in one building for my major classes and that building is also right next to the cafe. It is pretty awesome I would say.

I think that it is a majorly athletic school and if you don't play a sport you really don't belong here. The classes are based on attendance, so even if you do the work and Ace every test you still will fail. The university also requires three years of a seminar rather than one. I campus really has nothing that makes it stand out.

Cassidy

Bing a commuter, I find it easy to get involved on campus with all the activities that are continuously going on. There are also many free activities on campus for all students as well as student discounts are local restaurants and businesses. There are many shopping centers nearby along with a ton of restaurants and coffee shops. It's also so easy to get involved in the almost 100 different clubs and sports on campus.

Binti

Honestly, Grand View is a very good school; the professors are always there to help you when you need it. If you are struggling in your courses, they have a tutoring center you can go to get help. You will always find a place to sit down to study or to assignments or hang out with your friends.

Rizaiha

Grand View has an great atmosphere with a wonderful athletic and academic program. The internship availability is very easy to get with being in the state capital. The professors are always available when help is needed. The food is amazing and there are multiple other sources of food around campus.

I love Grand View! The teachers are so welcome and understand that life happens sometimes! The campus is BEAUTIFUL as well!! There is a coffee shop and lounge area right in the library and a larger cafeteria for bigger meals! They have a meal plan so that you do not have to worry about spending your own money, the plan goes straight into your tuition! The University also offers plenty of resources. The library and writing center have resources that can help you with figuring out your paper anywhere from research to getting those citations correct! They also provide tutors that are around to assist you in every subject you can find!

Tracey

Grand View University is the most open bigoted environment for students of color. Students of Color should not attend Grand View they will come out of that college not prepared for anything. They will learn 4 words White Privilege. and White Supremecy. You will hear the N-word all day on campus from the football players. I am making a film documentary to warn black students or any students of color to include immigrants not to attend Grand View. Do not be fooled by what they place on their web page of smiling black kids. Their tenured Professors will speak to students of color with contempt and micro-aggressions. If you plan to Grand View be ready to film and record at a seconds notice. I am warning it is the most black-hating and open bigoted environment. The same for the state of Iowa

Brianna

I visited Grand View University this past January after the Head Coach of the Women's Soccer team reached out to me in interest. As soon as I arrived on campus I immediately noticed how welcoming the staff and students were and what a close-knit family the community has built around the school. I definitely enjoyed my experience and the overall campus.

Grant

Grand View is in the center of East Des Moines on a busy road. When I attended in 2009, football was just getting the program started, and wrestling was just starting their NAIA dominance. New students were coming in from all over the county and it was an exciting place to be. Different teams had their on campus rivalries that would boil over at times, but the campus life was a lot of fun. There were parties, but if that wasn't your thing there was plenty else to do, and good people supporting you to do it.

brooklynn

i love Grand View University. My mom graduated from Grand View and now I will follow in her footsteps. The campus is very clean and inviting. The teachers are always accessible if you have additional questions. Everyone on campus gets involved. I love the small class sizes.

Stanzy

In addition to a great campus, small class sizes, and competitive athletics, I would highly recommend Grand View University to future college students because GV helped me find my dream career of occupational therapy. I decided to transfer to GV after my sophomore year, and that decision turned out to be a life-changing one. Grand View's biology department opened my eyes to numerous careers available to those with a biology degree. I was lucky enough to attend a university that helped me find the right direction, but most are not. Before attending Grand View, I was headed down a career path that I wasn't passionate about. I would recommend Grand View in the hopes that more students would be able to experience the life-changing moment that I did while I was there. Without GV, I would not be preparing to start my first semester of Drake University's Occupational Therapy Doctorate program this summer. I am proud to be a Grand View alum because of the impact it has made on my career choice and my life.

Overall Grand View University is a great place to go to school. The reason I chose this school is because of the small class sizes and its location. I like being able to go to class and have a professor that cares about me. Grand View offers a wide variety of clubs and sports to be involved in. There is almost a club for every major.

Sue

What used to be a pretty strong academic program has become weak as athletics has taken over the priorities on campus. Many good teachers moved on, programs were shut down. The leadership should be ashamed of thinking sports with guns is appropriate. This place is a mess.