Denison, TX
Grayson College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Grayson College

Ravin

I like it here, it’s a very nice school for a community college. Recently the advising and financial aid have left something to be desired though. Most teachers are friendly and workloads are relatively light. When there are events they have been usually during my classes so I either can’t attend or have to miss class, but the ones I go to are fun!

Katelynn

Taking dual credit at Grayson has been a great experience. Every professor I've had has been readily available and responsive over ninety percent of the time I needed them, and the campus is convenient and accessible. My favorite aspect other than the professors is the campus bookstore and how I can find anything I need or receive great assistance within minutes.

I graduated high school at 16 and was not ready to move away from home. Grayson College was a good fit. Grayson provided a college atmosphere, and provided an opportunity to learn how to be a good student. I was provided continued education, with excellent professors. I enjoyed my time at Grayson and look forward to continuing my education.

Kimberly

Grayson College could do better with advising the students. When I went there the first time I had to drop out when my twin sons had surgery. No one informed me about the drop rule and I ended up with 5 F's on my transcripts. When I went back, I had to find help to understand why I was being denied for financial aid. No one explained how to take care of the F's on my transcript until my last semester at Grayson. By this time it was too late and I had already been missing opportunities, like joining PSI CHI. By the time I graduated Grayson my GPA was barely over a 2.0. I worked hard and my undergrad GPA was a 3.85, with the accumulative GPA being 3.17, and finally being accepted into PSI CHI. I am determined to succeed despite the obstacles that are placed in my way, and am starting my Graduate education with a 4.0 GPA. Thank you for your consideration. Kimberly Obame

Community colleges are always looked down upon, which I did at one point; however, they are a great way to save money and earn a degree or certificate quickly. Grayson offered this along with other acctivities and assistance. Teachers are great and always available. I have yet to meet a horrible, mean teacher. Advisors are also always available and ready to help with career choices and anything else. Grayson is very homey and welcoming to all students. It is a small college, but offers a lot.

Shaylee

It is a good stepping stone college, however I find the professors are almost too lenient with things that students would not get away with at 4-year colleges, so it does not truly reflect how much harder you will have to work once you leave this school. I had several good professors, on average they all teach the material very well, it is the testing that I find almost too easy, and bonus points for showing up to class seems a bit odd at this stage of academics. The advisers are not all on the same page and often give you contrasting advice, and the faculties are also quite unorganized which is very frustrating at times. If you give you're all and do great it is an excellent confidence booster and tells you that you are ready to take on a more challenging academics, but if you are struggling then you really have a long road ahead! The student life sucks because it is a ghost town by 1pm, but that allows you to really buckle down on your studies if that is all you seek.

sarah
Grayson

Over all its a good school espesha

Grayson

Over all its a good school espesha

So far so good. Professors are very helpful and I like how small the classes are.

At Grayson College the stereotype is typically bad because since it is just a community college, the students get looked down upon as if they/we weren't smart enough to get into a university. This is definitely not true! Grayson provides a more one on one interaction with the professors and student. It is more intimate which some students like myself needs.

My school is very diverse. We have students from not only around the country but also around the world. I came from a very big high school, and there I met someone new almost everyday. Each person had their own little clique but at Grayson College we all interact with each other. I know if I ever needed help all I would have to do is ask one of my peers.

Alison

If I were able to go back in time and give myself advice I would say that all the things that we think in high school, such as homecoming queen and being class favorite is not going to matter in the future. All of those achievements are great while they last, but your education and career is going to be more important. I would also say that focusing on learning how to be a better student and studying are going to be huge factors in college and its important to always put forth your best effort.

A person that likes larger classes or many different types of extra activities should not attend Grayson County College.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that it is, in my opinion, just like high school. Attending a small community college close to my hometown does not have as many andantages as a larger university would offer.

Grayson College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.