Grayson College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Grayson College

Ravin

I like it here, it’s a very nice school for a community college. Recently the advising and financial aid have left something to be desired though. Most teachers are friendly and workloads are relatively light. When there are events they have been usually during my classes so I either can’t attend or have to miss class, but the ones I go to are fun!

sarah

Over all its a good school espesha

Shaylee

It is a good stepping stone college, however I find the professors are almost too lenient with things that students would not get away with at 4-year colleges, so it does not truly reflect how much harder you will have to work once you leave this school. I had several good professors, on average they all teach the material very well, it is the testing that I find almost too easy, and bonus points for showing up to class seems a bit odd at this stage of academics. The advisers are not all on the same page and often give you contrasting advice, and the faculties are also quite unorganized which is very frustrating at times. If you give you're all and do great it is an excellent confidence booster and tells you that you are ready to take on a more challenging academics, but if you are struggling then you really have a long road ahead! The student life sucks because it is a ghost town by 1pm, but that allows you to really buckle down on your studies if that is all you seek.

I graduated high school at 16 and was not ready to move away from home. Grayson College was a good fit. Grayson provided a college atmosphere, and provided an opportunity to learn how to be a good student. I was provided continued education, with excellent professors. I enjoyed my time at Grayson and look forward to continuing my education.

Archer

It's a great school to start out at, especially if you're straight out of college. The campus is small, but that's only because it's a community college. Even then, it makes going to different buildings for different classes easy to commute between. The professors and staff are very nice and easy to get along with, especially if you love the subject that they teach. It's also very easy to do well in the college; being an honors student only means that you get to do an extra project that I personally think is very enjoyable and rewarding. Overall, Grayson College is very enjoyable, and I highly recommend it to students who recently graduated from high school, or to anyone of all walks of life.

Katelynn

Taking dual credit at Grayson has been a great experience. Every professor I've had has been readily available and responsive over ninety percent of the time I needed them, and the campus is convenient and accessible. My favorite aspect other than the professors is the campus bookstore and how I can find anything I need or receive great assistance within minutes.

Community colleges are always looked down upon, which I did at one point; however, they are a great way to save money and earn a degree or certificate quickly. Grayson offered this along with other acctivities and assistance. Teachers are great and always available. I have yet to meet a horrible, mean teacher. Advisors are also always available and ready to help with career choices and anything else. Grayson is very homey and welcoming to all students. It is a small college, but offers a lot.

Kimberly

Grayson College could do better with advising the students. When I went there the first time I had to drop out when my twin sons had surgery. No one informed me about the drop rule and I ended up with 5 F's on my transcripts. When I went back, I had to find help to understand why I was being denied for financial aid. No one explained how to take care of the F's on my transcript until my last semester at Grayson. By this time it was too late and I had already been missing opportunities, like joining PSI CHI. By the time I graduated Grayson my GPA was barely over a 2.0. I worked hard and my undergrad GPA was a 3.85, with the accumulative GPA being 3.17, and finally being accepted into PSI CHI. I am determined to succeed despite the obstacles that are placed in my way, and am starting my Graduate education with a 4.0 GPA. Thank you for your consideration. Kimberly Obame

jeniffer

I love Grayson College. I've love the college ever since I heard about it! They always have something going on and they always have students join. I've never heard anything bad about the college. Even if the the place is big , you will find everything. The staff is really friendly.

Misty

As a non-traditional student, starting college was of much importance for my future. Going to Grayson College changed my life! My advisors, counselors, and professors were amazing. They helped me through some of the worst times of my life and taught me how to believe in myself. I saw a positive change within myself. I would do it all over again. I am now enrolled at Southeastern Oklahoma State University to persue a Bachelor's degree in Psychology. If it was not for Grayson College, I would still be working menial jobs at minimum wage. I am living out my dreams as a student.

Kennedy

Grayson College Is a great college to attend.