Green Mountain College Top Questions

Someone who is open minded, liberal, and wants to develop themselves in a sustainable way. The ideal student would be someone who wants to make a positive environmental impact, they need to have an adventurous spirit and love the outdoors. This college is a veruy casual, supportive, and close nit community.

Alyson

Green Mountain is the home of all things liberal. Hippies, vegetarians, rebels, environmentalists, activists, and outdoor enthusiasts, (or people who want to be all or any of these) are very welcome. Students at this college tend to avoid shaving and showering; they are enthusiastic, friendly, quirky, and accepting. As one student put it to me, “Most of us didn’t fit in at our high schools.” Tolerance for those of diverse ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds, sexual orientations, and beliefs is very high; the more unusual a person is, the more likely they are to fit in at GMC.

I firmly believe that anyone who is willing to experience new things should attend this school. It is a comfortable environment, where there is a focus on environmental consciousness. This school manages to gather together the most accepting and open-minded students to attend and blossom into beautiful and unique people. The classes are small for personalized learning, and the teachers are understanding and personably, so despite any obstacle or disability, anyone with a thirst to learn can and will learn about their major and themselves at Green Mountain College.