Green Mountain College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Green Mountain College

Aurora

I appreciate GMC's community atmosphere and commitment to environmental issues. Professors are available to talk, collaborate on research, and offer guidance. However, GMC is not academically rigorous. Be prepared to create your own academic challenges.

Taleana

Green Mountain College is a environmental liberal arts school with a purely nature feel. Most classes relate to the environment and it is a very different way to get your education. I thoroughly enjoyed the campus and the class size. Vermont is beautiful and so is the campus. The school is extremely small and close nit.

madison

Overall, Green Mountain is a great place to be if you are about the planet and would like to make a difference weather it be in the future on on-campus now. Everyone is very welcoming and amazing to chat with, you will be sure to feel at home right away.

Calista

I love the people I've encountered. I will say that some are too politically active and protest before considering all options. Students agree we don't judge but if you are a Republican, don't recycle, eat meat, or a male people will generally rebel or at least point it out. I love my friends and the tight knit community. Some professors don't seem passionate or informed about what they teach, but they are amazing people who have done incredible things in their lifetime. It's pretty easy to get bored but the atmosphere is overall something I wouldn't trade.

Caroline

It’s a great college if you are looking for a small, private, and tight knit college. Great teachers and great people. The food is so so but they have many options for vegans and vegetarians! They have varsity sports and intramural sports! Also they have great events on the weekends.

Brenna

Its a good school if you fit in well with the culture, and also if you don't mind living in the middle of nowhere where the stores close at 5 pm. I really like the elementary education program, and they give you a lot of opportunities to get field experience. The social life is very cliquey and it can be hard to make friends if you don't drink or smoke. There is not a lot of participation in most clubs. Overall it has its pros and cons, but if you like it there it will be an amazing experience.

M

Beautiful campus, but the student body is too small, with a lot of drama between social groups. Also very expensive - most alumni I know have been struggling with student loan debt and finding a good paying job after graduating. I wasn't happy with my education by senior year, but it is difficult to transfer out. As with anywhere, a lot of your experience is what you make it.

Micaila

I loved GMC and the campus. I loved everything about this school and I was very happy. Unfortunately that was all ripped away because they closed. It was bittersweet and now the campus just sits and is waiting for something new to come along. Long live gmc!