Green River College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Green River College

Hailey

Green River College is a beautiful campus with great professors. I have had no negative experiences here, but it is an environment where most people are looking for a short, educational experience. Campus is relatively safe, there is a lot of security, but I would still be aware of my surroundings.

Jared

It's a good place to get an associate's degree, but it's still mostly a community college despite the name change. You will have to go elsewhere for most bachelor's programs. The campus looks pretty nice and the student union is a pretty comfy building.

Timothy

Well I think it is a decent community college campus. Washington has this program called running start and people always ask my if I am a running start student because of my appearance. It doesn\'t really feel like a college experience to me because of people going there for running start. Sometimes I would make friends with running start students and meet people my age along the way. The college is a very clean campus, but there is no parties, no frats/sorority, or any kind of drinking or drugs. It\'s a pretty laidback campus but my honest opinion as an introverted person is that it does feel boring at times because I usually hang out by myself unless I go to a club or participate in the sport that I play in. It feels like high school, without all the immature drama. But it is hard making friends.

I've only taken online classes through running start so far, but all of the professors have been extremely nice and very easy to get ahold of for questions. I've been to campus a couple of times at it looks very well maintained and I've never heard of any safety concerns. Overall if you're looking to get a good education without forking out big money to go to a bigger school this would be a good option.

Emma

Like every college it has its pros and cons. It is a beautiful school and all the teachers are very kind and really want to help their students. Another plus is that the school doesn’t just want you for your money, but they actually want to educate you and help you to be successful. The downside is that there is never any parking!!!

Amena

Best college ever. Since I came here in the United state from Afghanistan which is a country of war and every one know about it green River was the safest academical place I have ever seen in all of my life. The environment is so academic, teachers are so helpful , they are keeping office hours Beside the class to help the students. Another thing which I really love about this community college is that in this college there are too many students from different countries and international students but there is no difference between them every body gets the equal right and that’s the great point .

Taj

Green River College is a calm and welcoming school. It is very friendly and any and everyone is welcome. They make sure everyone understands all the context and their are a bunch of opportunities to join clubs and live a positive life in this environment.

Erin

Green River Community College is a great place to get your pre-reqs out of the way at a very reasonable cost. I am working on my AA degree with online classes, which is a nice option for busy schedules. However, I do wish there were more options for online classes.

Green River Community College is a great option for students who wish to study close to home before going away to a four year university or if you are interested in other two year degrees. The professors here are open to helping you with what you need to succeed and are clear in their instruction. Outside of the classroom there are also many clubs and activities for students-- you can find anything from clubs centered around inclusion within schools to major centered clubs. Overall, Green River is a great place to go close to home as you make friends on this safe, drug-free campus.

Joanne

Good school very easy to get involved with the community and the campus but there isn't a lot to do around it. Need to take a bus to get to any area with shops. There are a lot of interesting people to meet and lots of people have different stories because there are so many international students. I now have friends from all around the world.

I believe that is is a top notch Community College which now is offering really necessary four-year degrees. I believe the school really attempts to involve the students in activities outside of class. The teachers I have had experience with are very passionate about their subjects and engaged in teaching which allows for students to be more engaged in learning. The downside is the parking situation which is sorely lacking on the main campus. The campus is absolutely beautiful!

Victoria

Green River College is a great community school. The professors are wonderful; they truly care about their students and what they teach. There are so many resources available and many staff members eager to help. It is an academically rigorous institution dedicated to getting its students where they wish to go.

Bailey

Overall, this is not an ideal school. None of the staff on campus is helpful, especially the advisors. The advisors make a schedule for you so that you cannot complete an Associate's Degree in two years. They want you to spend more of your money and spend an unnecessary extra year at the college. The athletic teams are not good at all and the coaching staff for most of the teams does not know much about the sport they are coaching.

Aulane

The school is rather safe. Most of the teachers are there for your success. Do your work, stay focused, ask for help, get help at scheduled tutoring sessions in the library and you will succeed. It is very easy to do well just requires you to work hard like any other school. The facilities are usually really clean, the food is good as well in the student union at reasonable prices. People are nice here not very talkative but cordial, a lot of international students.

Mabry

Green River College, is a place for you to be in when needing to pay for your pre-requisites. I think it is a good community college with a lot of diversity and a lot of exchange students. I also think that most of the professors here are the best on providing help because all they want is students to pass their class, however, some take no time to help students.

Amelia

It is a great place to start your education and prepares you for real life, with knowledge needed to survive in the world we now live in. If I did not attend this school and I would not have a fighting chance or half of the confidence I have now. I feel the systems in place in our society are designed to make you fail or stack the odds against you so you do not succeed in the overly populated urban communities. With the skills being taught at Green River College I can now overcome these obstacles to elevate myself to my fullest potential. I will not be a bi-product and let society determine my future for me. I have control and will show the next generations that they can do the same.

Amy

I think Green River College is a great place to attend. Most of the teachers are extremely supportive, encouraging, and will help you to succeed. There are a wide variety of subjects to learn about, as well as fun classes such as ceramics and photography. The campus is beautiful, and I never got tired of walking around and exploring. Overall, I had a great experience and would highly recommend Green River College to those looking for a diverse place to learn.

Ilsy

Good college

Savannah

There is always help to be found at Green River College! With the exception of maybe one class, I have always had understanding, helpful instructors who truly seem to want their students to succeed. I have experienced some issues when having to work with multiple departments (they seem to have little to communication between them which can make paperwork a hassle), but overall nearly everyone has been very willing and able to help with any and all questions I have posed. And I STRONGLY recommend booking appointments with your advisors!! They actually reached out to me personally on a few occasions which was super thoughtful. I always thought I could get along just fine without their help/advice but it is totally worth it, they’re absolutely wonderful!

It's pretty nice! people of all ages and backgrounds come here to get a basic degree. A good few opportunities for those who are interested. We have study abroad programs, I've met the president and she is the best. Overall a nice environment, and good education.

I absolutely love the campus! It is in the process of transitioning to a 4 year university, instead of a 2 year university, and I think that is a wonderful achievement. The campus is only a few minutes from my home and there are other campus's located in towns/cities close by so students do have to travel as far. My adviser is also wonderful, he has been such a great help while I've been transferring school's and adjusting from being in Michigan. I absolutely love it here.

Alana

I think that green river is a great place to get your college started. It is a great way to save some money before enrolling in a 4 year university. The campus life is pretty simple. Its not too hectic. There aren't ever too many people on campus so it makes for a laid back environment.

Rebecca

Green River College is overall an awesome community college. The professors are all very helpful and welcoming when students need help. All the buildings are close together so you don't have to walk very far when you have classes across campus. I also like the professors for how they teach. They make sure the students understand the material

Kayleigh

Its a great place to start you college career, you learn how to take notes, be responsible, and learn in an environment that is self directed and not high school. You are responsible for your own outcomes. The class sizes are smaller, the diversity is broad, age, race, gender. It's pretty great.

Hallie

Overall, Green River College is an amazing school. Coming from a high school with a total of only 28 seniors, the small class sizes and student body is comforting. There is a very welcoming student body, which helps me, since I have anxiety, so I didn't feel alone. Another reason why I think Green River is great is because of the teachers. From personal experience, they have a sense of humor, which is helpful in a classroom. It keeps students interested.

katrina

green river is a great school, with amazing faculty, and such inclusive staff and students. it has helped me be more involved with my community, in politics, and other world issues. clubs include everyone, and teachers are always there to help. Aside from attending green river full time I also work in the bookstore, which is an amazing workplace.

Dre

It is honestly a great starting college if your are not quite ready to be at huge university. It’s a very helping and safe environment, I feel like the staff and administrators actually like to help you and enjoy there jobs. That is why I believe Green River is a amazing college.

Beverly

I think its good college to go for your degrees and not want to pay a lot of money or be around a big crowd. I think they do a good job of making sure students have evrything they need and can get in contact with their professors and resources that might be needed.

Martha

My overall opinion of Green River College is that it is a great school! They provide many different opportunities for the students that can help their academic, career, social, and extracurricular life. There are many resources that are accessible to the students and everyone on campus is very friendly and helpful. The facilities are great and feel as if you are at home. It is a great place for both college students and students who are part of the Running Start program. If there was one thing that I could choose to change, it would be the parking, as it is very often hard for students to find parking, and the parking lots can be a bit scary. Green River College is a great place to get an education an meet new (and diverse) people.

Paolo Miguel

Green River College is a great college to get a head start in high school -- that's what I did. As student at a Kent high school nearby, it was very close and the only traffic was in the parking lot. The atmosphere is lovely, there's no smells coming from the city, after all we are surrounded by a forest. I appreciate the staff; many of the professors are available through email outside of office and class hours. The online professors are also readily available. The cafeteria is a bit pricey but aligns with the rest of Community colleges and/or Universities. Safety is a concern considering the city GRC is located in. But, the Security Officers are always on top of it, sending emails about alerts. Parking can be a hassle during 9am-12pm. Anytimes before or after those hours, you are almost guaranteed parking because the campus is quiet after the "rush hours".

Paolo Miguel

Jevoni

I love Green River, it is a beautiful accepting environment with great staff and community. I do not any experience with the housing but if it is like the rest of the school it will be well kept and open to everyone. I love how accessible and approachable the professors and other staff are.

Matt

I personally really enjoy my college. It's only my first quarter here but the staff and professors are extremely kind and patient. I've also made many new friends which I really value in a school. Making friends was something I was looking forward to and I was able to make many new ones. The community is just really welcoming and I enjoy it a lot. It makes college seem less stressful.

Hanna

Most instructors do not have the task to teach. They want to demonstrate that they are smarter and do not respect students. Some professor do not check the homework. Almost every instructor is late with grading. The grading politics is unclear. Small number of the biology teachers. Large size of the science classes and then you do not have an opportunity to ask a question or to participate in discussons. Food is awful!!!!!! People in oficces are rude and unhelpful, especially in the financial aid office. Safety department is unhelpful, they do nothing. Some of them sit on the one place and play with their cellphones.

kortney

It is a great school to start off at, the support they have for first year college students. Helps a lot they are always there for you at all times of the night. They live to care about you, show their support not with words but, with actions. As a first year student at green river college, even though I started a week ago. This school has showed me that I have nothing to stress about. when it comes to understanding school and its materials that I have all the help I need and want in life.

Cameron

Green River is a great place to get an education. They offer a ton of BA programs that are priced at a community college level and rival the programs offered at major universities such as UW and WSU. They have a ton of BA programs and are looking to expand their offered BA programs in the coming years. If a BA program doesn't interest you, they offer a ton of transfer programs. I highly recommend Green River to any and everyone!

Kaitlyn

This college is a perfect size and the campus is beautiful. I can really tell that all the professors love what they do and care about all of their students. Overall, I think this is a great school to start at before transferring to a 4-year university. This is my second (and last) year at Green River and I am sad to say goodbye to it in the spring.