Greensboro, NC
Greensboro College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Greensboro College

Jahleen

In my overall opinion I really love my college. I chose this college for a reason,I think the beauty with in my school is often looked past. It is a very small school like another version of high school, but I like that. It is a great size, I always feel safe, our teachers and classes offered are amazing, and the housing on campus is really nice. The staff here always tends to find a way to work whatever and wherever around each individual students schedule. It is a ncie feeling to know that at your home away form home you are very much cared for, we even have security escorts to bring us places when we don't feel safe. They truly go out of their way tp assure us. What is also nice is being so close to the downtown area. In down town you will find an array of restaurants ranging from hole in the wall type places to really nice steak houses. We are also close to summit Ave aka any college students favorite road with many fast food places, ATM's, and gas stations. There are also a ton of events going on around campus such as parades, food truck shows, baseball games, and movies showings in downtown parks. This campus is set on a very accessible location with much life around it, and you can get to class in less than 5 minutes. I don't see how with all the benefits my school has to offer why would any one not wan to attend here? Overall I would say that this school surpasses all of my individual needs, I can for sure see myself here for the next four years.

Petruce

I think that Greensboro College is a great school if you want a one on one chance with your professors and a small class room setting. Also it is close to the downtown area so there are many activities that can be planned. Overall it is a great college to start off with.

Dionne

I would tell myself to first take my college career very seriously. As a college student it is important to attend all classes, read all class materials, and to give the very best effort possible. It is also important to manage my time very well, and to devote ample time to studying. Do not just rely on the professor to teach you what you need to know, but take a vested interest in your education. Develop organizational skills and be prepared for class time, tests, and other activities. Also take advantage of study groups, and meeting other students that may have similar educational or career goals so that you have outside resources that can help you be successful. Never be afraid to ask questions, and reach out to any source that is available. As you move through your general education requirements, try to pay attention to what subjects you are passionate about because they are most likely an indicator of what your educational and career path could be. Take one class, one day, and one semester at a time so that you don't get overwhelmed. Lastly, enjoy this time because it is a great beginning

Kendall

Take advantage of the opportunities at hand. If given the chance I would have worked harder in classes and on the athletic field, even though I graduated high school with a 4.0 gpa and was an Divison 1 recruit in football. I did not take advantage of the opportunities I had. High school prepares us for the future in more ways than we realize. We can not sit back and expect everything to just fall in place. Sometimes we have to go get what we want. However my life is not over and the best is yet to come. God will take care of me as long as I continue to entrust my faith in him.

The cafeteria experience has been phenomenal and the people you will encounter here are one of a kind. Also the class size ratio blows my mind and is perfect for me.

Greensboro College is an exceptional secondary learning experience. When I cam on my visit here, Pride Leaders informed me of the experience I would have and so far it has lived up to it.

Karen

I really love their adult education program! It is the oldest adult ed program in North Carolina and they offer a variety of degrees and options for completing your degree. I will be attending two nights a week and that is considered full time. The staff is very helpful and interested in student success.

First, I would tell myself to get a dedicated, determined mindset about perservering through the challenges of college. It will require lots of reading, test taking(sometimes online) and patience with not so pleasant classmates. Oh, you'll need to be proficient in Microsoft Office, creating 3-8 page papers in APA style and determination for getting group projects completed on time. It is helpful to use a day planner so that you can keep your assignments organized, plan ahead for tests and exams and keep up with school breaks and holidays. Finally, don't forget to schedule time for you- take time each week to do something for you. Exercise, eat balanced meals and stay in touch with family and friends. Most importantly, develop a support system, whether it's a like-minded classmate, a program advisor or a friend at church. It pays to have a cheerleading section or least someone who will tell you- "you're doing great! - keep up the good work!" or "hang in there- you can do it!"

The same as above, plus G. C. has a beautiful campus and lots of student activities.

Alyssa

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to be actively involved in as many things as possible in college. I would tell myself to be careful who you trust because people are not as they seem. I would also tell myself not to bring so many things for the dorm room because dorm rooms are not very big; you will just end up having to take half of the stuff back home. I would let myself know that college is a whole lot of fun as long as you don't let yourself get caught up in all the drama. Something that makes college more enjoyable is if you don't party or drink and stay true to who you are . You are more likely to a acquire true friends and relationships if you are upfront and honest about your beliefs and opinions. You will have a wonderful experience as long as you are open to new experiences while still staying true to who you are.

A person that is very self motivated. A person that is very social; since it is such a small school you will see everybody all the time. A person that wants a well rounded education and not just a straight focus on their major.

Davit

Greensboro College has given me many valuable lessons. The college experience helped to be on my own and to achieve whatever goals I have. Even if there were things that I did not like about Greensboro College, this college has given me a number of valuable life lessons. For instance, I started to socialize more, find things out on my own, and solve any daily hassles that I might have had and so on. Therefore, it is very valuable to attend college not only for receiving degree but also for being prepared for a real life. I would encourage everyone who has the opportunity to attend college to do so. College has shaped lives of many people including me.

One who likes small colleges and playing sports like football, soccer, etc...

Reese

The best thing about GC is absolutely nothing. The town is kinda fun if your a hippie. If I could change some things about the college, I would fire all of the staff that work in the administration building. They are morally corrupt, and will steal your money, lie about it, and not even feel bad for doing it. Then they will spend a whole bunch of your stolen money in covering their asses. You are not allowed to live off campus starting next year, which sucks because those dorms are really old and really awful, but the food is even worse. There is no school pride because the administration has done an amazing job of beating us down finically, and then using the money for events no students participate in. The sports there are even more embarrassing, even the arts programs are getting pretty pathetic. No one at this school is on the students side... its pretty much like really expensive public high school. The system sucks, and overall, the students are pretty unhappy at GC and most of them transfer after their first year or two.

Don't come to this school. You will be sorry. And you will also be broke. The administration DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOU or their job. This school is fucked up to say the least.

Its partly true, depending on what major you are into. The school is, however, WAYY overpriced for the education. The teachers are nice, but the administration is TERRIBLE, and they will steal your money. GC has a habit of raising the price of things without notifying the students, and then when the students or parents have questions about it, the admin ignore you. Its a pretty pitiful excuse for a working college, and had I known how poorly this school would be run, I would have most definitely chosen another institution.

Most of them are a bunch of rich students who are to dumb to get into a a good college, so they use mommy and daddy's money to basically pay for their degree.

Kathryn

The advice I would give myself would be to make sure to listen very carefully to all instructions from the professors. Write down anything that may sound important even when it sounds off the wall. Many professors will mention a small tidbit and it will be a question on an exam. Other advice would be to make sure to make new friends. Many of the students met in college will be your friends for many years to come.

The worst thing about Greensboro College is the upkeep. The maintainance of the campus is not as well done as on other campuses.

The kind of person that shouldn't attend Greensboro College is someone who will not work hard or do their own papers and homework.

Greensboro College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.