Greenville College Top Questions

I would tell myself to do better on the ACT and make sure to work harder in my dual credit courses that were offered in high school. I would tell myself to quit stressing out about taking the ACT and get a 22 on it. I would then tell myself to make sure I got A's on all my work in the dual credit courses so that it doesn't affect my GPA.

Darryl

Darryl in order to reach those dream that are confined within your head and seemingly UN reachable, you must take small steps and grow to understand the journey and task that are set before you. So unlike most super heroes you just fly straight to the top, which means you must take smaller steps to reach your goal. Those small steps may be completing all homework and turning it in on time or sleeping when given the opportunity. The primary reason for obesity is consumption of valuable time on invaluable things. Whether that is looking at girls on the Instagram or watching television. If you’re supposed to be preparing for tomorrow don’t waste today.

Jake

Remember that time you were afraid? You had just entered high school, and the alumni told you about how fast time would go by? You feared what the outside would feel like; you wanted a vision, but it just wasn’t clear yet. Remember when you met her? A nervous, blue-eyed boy walked up to say hello. Still afraid but willing to let bravery make a mistake just this once. Remember that time you cried yourself to sleep? When the threat of losing someone close refused to surrender, but you pressed on though terrified? I hope you’ll notice the pattern. It all boils down to one thing: courage. Sometimes this bravado comes in surges. Other times it must be planted, watered, and watched day and night until the seasons change. Then, when harvest comes, you’re prepared to face the winter storms. Let me tell you something friend: winter is coming. If you work the field, you’ll be ready. Fall back on courage and push forward with courage. She will lead you to wonderful, terrible places. She has never failed to prove her worth, so commit to her. Good luck friend. Be strong; but better, be courageous.

Erik

Definitely become a Christian and focus on Jesus Christ instead of the vanities of this world.

Corey

During my time in high school, I was very nervous about what I had no knowledge of. To be honest, that still scares me, but I know now, that if I take the time and consideration needed to complete the process of applying for college, scholarships, or buying a car, I will be stronger and more decisive for the next decision. While in high school, I also needed the dose of reality, which at that point, all teenagers need. Fortunately, when I was forced from my home, and was moved to the Greenville College campus I recieved the message that life is about our choices, if we cannot face the music and make a choice, then the one made for us is not what we want or believe we deserve. I would honestly, sit myself down and say "Corey, life is going to hit you, and it will hit hard, but you can't give up hope. Believe in your self and your higher power, and know that your friends and family will always be one call away, having been in your position and wishing you all the luck in the world. Do NOT be afraid to ask for help."

College may seem like a huge barrier to break right now, but you're going to love it. It's all about taking one step at a time and making the most of every situation. Greatness is defined by how you pick yourself up after a failure. It's defined by the habits you work to develop now. All of those cheesy speeches you heard at graduation about "your life about to begin" were true. They were true because even though you're going to face numerous discomforts, that's where it all begins: at the end of your comfort zone.

May

Looking back at myself, as a high school senior the best advise I would give myself is to focus and make goals for attaining a higher education in the shortest amount of time. The best advise, I could have given myself is to focus on grades and to put my goals first. I would also say that having a great relationship with my professors and students that were driven would be a huge asset.

LaRoy

If I could travel back in time to when I was a high school senior, the start of my college years would have been ten times better than now. My first advice I would give myself would be to take courses in high school that would give me college credits, because you would be slightly ahead of the game and you would be on a good track to graduate faster. The second thing i would tell myself is to be more prepared and focus for the ACT and to take it more serious because if I would have done better I could have had more scholarships for college. Also I would have given myself advice to be in more difficult classes than before, such as being in honor classes. This would have ready me a little more for college class situations. Being in more school associated clubs would have helped me with my resume and showing the college I attended today that I am more active with my high school which could make any student look better to his intended college. Finally, being more prepared physically and mentally for my last semester in high school could have helped me tremendously.

Tayler

I would tell myself to study a lot harder instead of trying to have a good senior year and not worry about what others say about you because college is so much better. I have made more meaningful friends here than I had in high school, so I would tell myself to not worry, and just study hard. The transition was easy. Enjoy being home every day, because now I miss home more than anything.

If I could give advice to myself a high school senior, I'd tell myself to learn how to study better. It isn't ok just to look over the chapter the week before the test. You should be reviewing every night to make sure you really know the material. I'd also tell myself to be more outgoing. Even if you commute to school, you can have friends. It's a lonely thing to be the only college student you know. It'd help if you had some friends in your classes who could relate to everything you have on your plate. I'd remind myself to have more fun. College is a unique time, and the real world is waiting after you graduate. Enjoy the fact that you are surrounded by people your age and can really have fun. Don't spend every moment on schoolwork if you can help it. Make time to relieve stress. However, work hard. It isn't high school anymore. You are working for yourself not some state standard. This is your future. Take hold of it! You aren't paying thousands of dollars for nothing. Follow your dreams and work hard!

Even though you think you are an adult now, your point of view will change very quickly. Your friends will change, your attitude towards you studies will become more vital, and the need for job contacts become a mission. The most important thing to remember when you go to college is to take everything seriously. It's not time to party, but time to work towards your goal and career that you will have for the rest of your life. Find the path that will make you the most happy. Do what you enjoy. Always work hard. Never give up. Always be positive. Enjoy college life while you can.

I would tell myself to not freak out as much because there are people that are very willing to help you transition and do not want you to feel lost and alone.

Hilarie

I would tell myself that college is better than high school. It is hard to decide what to do with your life. Don't stress about it too much. Each year you will get a better understanding of what you want to do and it's okay to change your major. I think Mr. Cole is right that it is a good idea to declare a major early on, but it’s okay if you don't stay with it. But your life will get more stressful later, but in the end it will make you you. Yes, it is hard, but there are also a lot of good things that come from it. You might want to try to go to a four year institution right away, but stay with the community college. It will help you get ready for your 4-year institution. When you get to the four-year institution, push yourself to be social. It will be hard at first, but you will find amazing friends. And Let people back in your life. It will be the best thing you ever did.

Alexz

Don't be a slacker. Don't go to college for the degree, because you can get the degree by getting the grades and you can get the grades by "bs-ing" homework assignments. Go to college to learn. You only have four years, learn as much as you can. Go to college to find yourself. Go to college to meet life-long friends. College is going to be what you make it, so get involved. Get to know your professors and take advantage of their advice. Use the tutors in the library, they really do help you! Don't leave popcorn in the microwave longer than 3 seconds in between pops..... And most of all, don't go to college for anyone else but yourself. It is worth it, I promise.

I would tell myself to pick a larger school, preferably one that isn't going to try to force an extreme belief system down my throat at every given opportunity. I'd know to avoid a school with required "chapel services" that force me to completely rethink what it is that I actually believe, pushing me away from my former faith instead of strengthening it like they're supposedly meant to.

If I could talk to high school Shelby, I would tell her that being away from home isn't a terrible as she thinks it is. When I was in my final weeks of summer, I found myself panicking about moving 200 miles away. When I got to school, it wasn't nearly as bad as I initially thought it would be. I would also tell me to be nicer to my dad. When I told him I was going to school 200 miles away, he wasn't very happy. He said he wouldn't drive "all the way" to school if I had car problems (he does auto-body work). I'd tell me that because I know that I'd get hit while driving home from work and my dad would have to come all the way to Greenville to get my car. I would tell high school Shelby to commit herself to a daily devotional because she would find her relationship with the Lord almost non-existent. I would tell her to remember the importance of service and being the hands and feet of Christ. I would remind her that Christ is first in her life.

victoria

If I could go back and talk to myself I would tell me to be ready for the time of my life. I would let myself know about the differences between college and high school. Tell myself about the importances of studing and attending class. I feel that im doing great in college so there isnt much that I would tell myself to try and improve. The little things I have discused would help me out, but just enough to improve me a little bit.

Self discipline. Two words that hold so much meaning. Moving away from home requires one to gain a greater understanding of what it truly means to obtain this quality. The transition from high school to college encompasses more facets than one typically thinks about. After all, going to college is a completely new experience for most people. It means more school work, but that also means getting oneself up for class, because one cannot depend on mom anymore. It means finishing assignments in a timely manner, because the teacher will not ask if it is finished. It means doing laundry before it takes over the room and choosing to leave the party before three in the morning when class starts at eight. One must take care of oneself physically, mentally, emotionally, and physically. Friends will help out to an extent, but mom and dad will not usually be there to pick up the pieces. College is a balancing act. It has been said that in college, you can choose two of the three: get good grades, sleep, or have a social life. With self discipline, however, it is possible to do all of these and have a great college experience.

Cleveland

I have spent my life resenting school, because of the way that public schools treat students. I was not a submissive type of person, and did not allow them to force me into anything, or coerce me into doing things their way. When I got into college, everything was infinitely better, and I can actually make a future for myself, and enjoy it. College is not full of staff that act like you're a lower class of person, and everyone treats you with respect. I love being able to work towards my criminal justice degree, free of the oppressive public school system that makes people resent education. During my semesters at NPCC, I have developed a much better sense of responsibility, as the staff does not threaten you or attempt to "force" you to do the work, getting the college credit is it's own reward. I love being able to choose when I have classes, so that I can fit it around my work shifts at my 2 jobs. I always attend at least 12 hours, so I am a full time student, and I love it. I sincerely hope that you will consider me for this scholarship.

My life has been refined and challenged by the ideas and lessons taught at Greenville College. Although a few of the semesters I have had at the college make up some of the most difficult times in my life, those times were necessary to provoke change which has helped me achieve more of the kind of character I find in many of the individuals I look up to, in my family and my church. Not everything is perfect at Greenville, but one of the ways it has helped me is by teaching me to discard my rose-colored worldview glasses and replace them with a higher understanding of reality. It has provided opportunities to become passionate about this world and the people in it, not sitting by expecting someone else to serve the people that need it most, but providing me with the resources and support system I've needed to grow me up in order to minister to people's needs. Finally, it has taught me that conflict can be, in many ways, an opportunity to grow, if only we allow ourselves to see the positive opportunities it provides for us and the people around us to change.

College really means a lot to me. My passion in life is to take care of people. My father has been disabled since 2004, and I have been taking care of him since. I found that college would be the best decision for me because taking care of my dad made me see that my passion is nursing. My college experience so far has been wonderful. It really made me grow up and work to achieve my goals in life. It’s very valuable for me to be in college because it is the only way to achieve what I know I am meant to do. My college is very helpful and wants to help me to be a nurse. Having my own responsibilities means so much to me and college has really helped me grow up. I value working for what I want and need and that is one of the main reasons college means so much to me. That’s why I need help to achieve my goals and this scholarship would really help me.

Lydia

Going to college has been a priviledge to say the least. Coming from a family of seven, money has always been tight. I have always wanted to attend college in the hopes of having a better life for myself and my family. So far, college has been tough. Having a year old son at home and a fiance with a brain tumor, college can get difficult to manage with my responsibilities at home. Although I have many responsibilities, college has been wonderful. I look forward to getting up everyday just for the sake of learning all that I can. College has been very valuable to me. Not only do I appreciate going more because I am the first one in my family, but also realize that it will help me in the future. Everything I learn in college I want to use everyday in my life. I want to know the true meaning behind concepts so I tie it to life. General education courses are not just classes to get a degree, it is the pure essence of learning. I have been truly blessed for getting to go to college, and I can't wait to continue my education!

Landry

i don't know yet.

There have been so many life lessons that I have learned from this school, it is hard to pick just a few. Being on the Autism Spectrum (Asperger's) made me dread going to college. I did not know how I would be able to survive the difficult classes, the socialization, or the mistakes that I knew I would be making (it was my first time living on my own). When I came to Greenville, I discovered many new friends, met awesome teachers, and have learned so much about who I am as a person. I have learned some basic rules to live by (do not wait until the last minute to go shopping, do not get into the shower directly after dying hair blue, etc.) as well as major life lessons (how to hold a discussion, how to study for classes). I suppose that the biggest thing that I learned in college is that I do not know everything, and that I do not have to. Life is not all about the facts, it is more about the questions that can come up along the way, and the friends that can be made.

College is not a four-year social party. Friendships are valuable, and the trips to restaurants and shops in St. Louis, what's not to love? Yet, college is the precipice between adolescence and adulthood, and it is here, where we enjoy enough independence to dictate our own bedtimes and diets while relying on Mom and Dad for financial support, where we decide who we are going to be when we emerge into the "real world." By now, I do not learn new facts, but I learn how to think, critically, philosophically, and spiritually. My thought is cultivated here, and I find myself growing with daily decisions, sacrifices, and relationships I make on this small campus. Here at Greenville, community is our anthem, which I see in the solid connection weaved through each student, as well as everything each student gives back, to Greenville or beyond. As a transfer student from a state university where I felt anonymous, I see the stark contrast to Greenville, where every student is loved and is able to see God working in his/her life through the examples set by our peers and mentors. With guidance and education, we will shape the future.

I have been able to get a lot out of the Communication Department at Greenville College. I have been able to start my own radio show, perform in a number of the Theater productions, and have also been able to help with the construction involved in these productions. This, along with my participation in on campus groups, including the Improv team, have shown me how much I value the communicative arts, and have shown me that I want to pursue these areas in the future. Plus, with all of these experiences under my belt, and many more to come, I am very confident in what I will be able to do in the future in these fields, and am in a position where I feel that a career in one of these fields is imminent.

Brittani

While attending Greenville College, I have learned about who I am as an individual. When I came to college I thought I had my whole entire life figured out. In all reality, I had nothing figured out at all, except maybe some of my values and goals in life. I have been able to broaden my goals, and realize what are true values to myself. While attending Greenville College I have learned to become a better person in putting other people before myself, I have become closer in my faith, and I have also become a better leader, student, and even teammate. The first two years of my college education have been very self teaching, I hope that in the next two years of my college experience I can continue to learn more about myself as well as learning about others and how to handle certain situations for the future.

I have gotten a great education and a better outlook on life. I am learning about myself and what my interests are so that I can choose a future career based on more that just how much money I may make. I have made new friends and enjoy being with them in my spare time. I am looking forward to my future with anticipation for a good job and a great family life. I want to make a difference in the world and not just be another person struggling through life. I believe my life is richer and will be much more fulfilled because I went to college rather than straight in to the workforce. College is expensive but the investment is well worth it for me. I would recommend to most everyone that they should go to a four-year college and live on campus for at least some of their post-high school education to experience life without your parents knowing every move you make. Thank you for your consideration and have a great day!

Darci

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would remind myself to always follow my heart. God places things on my heart for a reason and I should always be careful to listen to Him. I would tell myself that being a good person matters more than a lot of the things that I got tangled up in during high school. What I wear to school dances and to school, having a nice car, and being popular are things that will be easily forgotten by my peers. However, being a good person will not only be remembered by my peers, but it will also stay with me after high school and I will carry it on, teaching my children to be good people. In high school there were times when I was afraid to stick our for being different, but I would encourage myself to steer away from the status quo and be true to myself. I don't think that there were enough positive examples in high school and I would tell myself to make sure that I am always setting a positive example, even when no one is watching.

Meagan

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would definitely prepare myself for the huge transition that comes between high school and college. I would warn myself of the cafeteria food, which is sometimes good and sometimes terrible. I would also warn myself about how easy it is to gain weight during the first year of college, and tell myself to eat less and make time to exercise. I would tell myself to budget my time wisely in order to complete all the homework assignments on time. Also, I would tell myself that the homesickness will go away after a few months, and I will meet many new friends. But most of all I would tell myself to relax and enjoy the new and exciting life that awaits me at college. Instead of filling my last few months at home with stress and nervousness, I would tell myself to enjoy my family and look forward to the new opportunities that are waiting for me at college. I would tell myself to think of college as a new and exciting adventure, not a scary place filled with strange people.

Christina, you are a very talented young woman. Do not ever give up when you seem like you can not complete a task. You have to remember that your professors are assigning you materials that are going to help with your future. READ THE MATERIALS! DO YOUR HOMEWORK! You have already completed thirteen years of schooling, I think you can hold out for four more years. As for the people in your life, they love you and they want to see the best happen for you. The only reason they keep pushing college on you is because they do not want to see you give up. You can do this, trust me. Do not put so much pressure on yourself about paying for your education. It will get taken care of eventually, worry about getting that diploma first. Above all else, have a great time in college. These are the best years of your life, and you do not want to miss out on anything. Make friends, go to bed early, and try new things. Stay true to yourself and never compromise your beliefs. You CAN do it! :)

Niquita

As David Frost once remarked, "Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally." I've also found one of life's most worthy endeavors to be pouring oneself into the lives of others, by embracing one's strengths and passions. But, as Socrates admonished, before one can give of him or herself to others, one must "know thyself." Find out your gifts and passions and spend time outside of school investing in those areas. Take the AP and dual credit classes in order to skip the general education requirements, and make more room for philosophy classes. Having fun, quality friends in college interested in helping you succeed in life makes all the difference in the world. Choose a college that will help you 'get outside yourself' and experience the incredible diversity in our world. If at all possible, plan a semester abroad into your college experience. Opt for hands-on experiences, practicums, internships, and class discussions over the lecture hall whenever possible. In the end, its not about the paycheck, but rather being with loved ones and doing what you love to do.

Diana

I would tell myself to be prepared for change. Be prepared to have all security you have ever had taken from you and to have to live on your own terms. Be prepared to work for every cent you get and be prepared to pay for everything you need for college. be prepared to have heartache when people decide this isn't the place for them and choose a different road for their life. be prepared to have your beliefs rapidly change and for you to discover what you have always thought to be true to not hold up in your mind anymore. Be prepared to start seeing people in a different light and truely beginning to figure out what people are about. Be prepared to struggle through classes that you never thought you would need to work through before. Be prepared to be tired, worn out, and frustrated with how life is going. And most of all, be prepared to find out how you work, how you love others, and what you want out of life. Simply, be prepared for anything.

Tricia

Stay focused and don't lose hope, before you know it Tricia you will be in college and this high school stuff won't seem important then. So, take your time while you are still at home, enjoy the slow pace and don't try to hurry through life. Remind yourself everyday to stop and smell the roses; we Americans go through life so quickly we don't have time to truly grasp what is going on. Tricia when you slow down you will begin to realize the beauty of life, witnessing that beauty will give you bucket loads of inspiration to live your life. It will give you inspiration to do great things and love others which is what living is all about. Living is not all about the fancy car you drive or the exquisite house you own, but doing your best while showing love to others. During this last year of high school Tricia slow down a little bit and offer love to those that need it and you will find inspiration to keep on going through life. You are going to get through it, don't ever give up.

If I was to go back in time, I would tell my high school self, that I am not as smart as I think. That college takes more than just being smart. It in fact takes hard work and the best effort that you possess deep down inside. Just doing enough to get by isn't going to get it done. I would tell myself that I need to learn how to manage my time, because waiting till the last minute to do things will not bring about success. If you mange your time properly, you will be able to put your best foot forward and not merely throw homework assignments or papers toegether at the last moment. Although you are was successful in high school , you are only successful because you have your time managed in a perfect manner. You know that after you are done with practice, you're going home and doing homework. But in doing the homework, you are giving your best effort because you have no other free time. In college you are going to battle with free time, and need to make sure you take time to do the work with your best efforts.

Elijaih

If I was able to go back to my high school senior self, I would tell myself to study and take the SAT again so I could get more money in scholarships. I would also tell myself to stay focused from the first day of college and not get caught off guard by the girls in college. Staying focused from the beginning would have helped me as well as sticking to a study group with friends in the class. Experiencing things is good for future knowledge, but I could just as easliy have listened to someone who has gone through the college experience and learn from them. And I would just remember to tell myself to truly enjoy college no matter what happens.

Cassidy

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior, I would defiantly tell myself to take the college process much more seriously. I decided to go to Greenville College three days before freshman move in date because while at the junior college I was planning on attending, I realized that was not where I needed to be. I needed to better myself and reach for the stars. That being said I wish I had noticed that long before I did. It has been difficult financially and emotionally for my family and if I gave us more time to prepare I think the transition to college life would have been a lot easier on not only myself but my family as well.

Cole

Look around you. What you have here is so fragile. Respect it and appreciate it not only becausae I am telling you to, but because you want to. This, right here and right now, is changing and never lasting. Love every minute of it. If I were able to go back in time, to my senior year, that is what I would say. Knowing what we can and can't control is the start of the battle. With that in mind, my view on life and it's importance was slim; something that could be changed. I would want to re-live moment, see them with view that I have now. Whether it be stupidity or wisdom, I see my life in this world and I see it has such great potential. To be able to see that my senior year of high school would be my only wish.

I would tell myself about the importance of invovlement. These four years are all I have to grow and mature into the adult I am to be. Acedemic achievement is important, but at the same time socializing is as well. I would tell myself to get out of my procrastination habit now so that I would not feel the stress of doing all my work at once. I would teach myself the importance of scheduling and managing time in order to get the most out of college. I would also tell myself that you will not always get along with your roommate. It is dificult to live with a stranger with contradicting opinions and living styles. It is important to just relax and enjoy myself. College is a time to expand your horizon, so dive in and enjoy yourself.

Alycia

I would encourage myself to think deeper about the subjects I was studying. Many high schools create a "behaviorist" environment where students become conditioned to "give the right answers." Looking back, I would tell myself to challenge my thinking and truly investigate what I was being taught. By doing this, I would be taking more ownership to my education, like I am doing in college. My college education has made me take what I learn in the classroom and apply it to real life because I truly integrate the things I know instead of just memorizing them for a test. I took education for granted in high school, and I wish I could go back in time and tell myself to soak it in in order to further prepare myself for college.

Trevor

I would probably advise myself to study harder and look at even more college option before making my final decision. I love Greenville College and the people that compose the school; however, I feel as though I was not adequately prepared to choose a college. Also, I was definitely not prepared to accept the lack of freedom at college. I am not a partier and I fit in with Greenville College in this regard. It is reassuring to not feel peer pressure at my college, yet I would suggest to take my time looking at all of my college options. I would also advise to take more AP tests and dual credits as I could. I regret not taking those tests my senior year, as it would have given me a lot more credits currently. I was lazy and skated through my senior year of high school, and I truly wish I had not done that.

Save your extra money now, you've no idea how much it costs, even with grants, scholarships, and loans.

Rylan

The most important things that I have found in dealing with college life are monitoring how I budget time and getting a proper sleep schedule. I am involved in a lot of activities, including athletics, so in order to keep up with my grades, budgeting my time efficiently is very important. If I waste my time, chances are needed tasks will not be accomplished, and I will miss out. A proper sleep schedule is also essential to get the most out of each day. When I get good sleep, I am able to preform at a higher quality and become more productive. If I could convince myself to start practicing these habits while in high school, I would have had a much easier time adjusting to and being successful in college life.

Joylynn

Don't rush the choice you have to make. This is a big decision. It's not all about money, go where you know you'll be happy even if it's farther away from home and more expensive. The cheapest choice may not always be the right choice for you. If you want to go to a college that is out of your price range, find a way to come up with the money. You can do it! Dream big!

In highschool I didn't try very hard and I didn't apply myself. Now that I am in college I study and I try to to the best at whatever class I am in. I wish I would of taken advantage of learning in highschool and would of gotten some dual credits and given more thought to what I was learning.

Dear senior-in-high-school Miranda, I just wanted to let you know that you'll be okay. Choosing the "right" college is important, but what's more important is what you make of the college you choose. Pursue your passions, and if there isn't opportunity to pursue your passions on campus, then create one. You're going to start clubs and non-profit organizations. Crazy, right? Look at your college experience as a way to make the college better because you were there, and learn from the perspective of real life, not just through the lenses of pure acedemics. In transitioning from high school to college, be patient. Good friends take time to make. Don't freak out first semester if you haven't made life-long friends yet. They're coming. Wait and it will pay off. Be diligent. Engage in the community and they will fall into place. So, to sum it up: be passionate, be innovative, be influencial, be fully engaged, and be patient. Good luck. Love, current Miranda.

Visit as many schools as you can. Small, large, near and far.

When finding the right college, make sure you are choosing a school that has good community, excellent interactive professors, and a good reputation for the field you are pursuing. To make the most of your college experience, be involved and live on campus if possible. That's all I can say. I have been in college for two years, and I am involved in as many things within my field and some off-campus activities as well, mainly to give me experience and to get to know other students. With living on campus, I feel as though I have a huge family at school. You get to know each person personally, and make it seem like you have known that person for years, instead of just one year. Also, be positive. We all find something to be negative about, but staying positive will open your eyes to things you probably have never seen, and will keep your spirits up and will attract others, too.

Jon

I would say take at least 2 trips to the college. Find someone to stay with you you can get a feel for the college life there.

College is not your get rich quick scheme. The first mistake a person can make when looking for a school is to judge it on this standard. The world's unhappiest and most unsatified professionals are those who's plans were lade out to make as much money as they could in as little a time as possible. Success isn't measured by your level of income, your job, or your degree. Your success in life will be measured by what you did with the resources presented to you. A college is selected, therefore, on the tools it offers you to become a better person. These tools could improve your talents in becoming a better musician, a better caregiver, a better teacher, or improve you as a human, learning to be responsible, accountable, and knowledgable toward the world you live in. Wherever you choose to go and whatever you choose to do, always be sure that the success you are persuing will turn out a better person than it took in. Life is too short to waste making money, when it can be dedicated to something greater and longer lasting.