Greenville Technical College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Greenville Technical College

Noelle

Greenville Tech is a nice small school, if you like that sort of thing. The class sizes are good and are a good student:teacher ratio. But the buildings are pretty plain and not very eye-catching. The parking lot design is confusing and sometimes I park somewhere familiar and just walk to class. Other than that, it's a good small school.

Carson

Greenville Technical College is a great option for those living in the Upstate of South Carolina. You will save a lot of money by attending a junior college before attending a four-year school. In fact, I was basically paid to obtain an associates degree while working at the same time to save for my four-year school. The advisors are not very helpful so you have to help yourself when it comes to picking classes. Overall, I would suggest going to Greenville Tech whether you'd like to transfer after two years, obtain an associates degree, or become certified in various programs they offer.

Nathalie

Greenville Tech is an overall good two-year school. The class sizes are pretty similar to a high school class (20-30 people). The classes are usually enjoyable and teachers usually answer emails quickly, but it depends on the teacher. There are many different people and resources available to assist the students. Overall, it's a good school, and easy to transfer out of.

Beverly

There are somethings that I want to do, but the school doesn't have it. So, I'm just gonna take a few classes I know should be easy so transferring to a 2 year school would look great from my transcript. Nice school and teachers; most classes are calm and help is always available.

Madison

I think Greenville Technical College is a great first step in pursuing higher education. Not only does it have great transfer paths to four-year universities, but it is an affordable way to get basic classes out of the way. Sometimes, graduating seniors can get caught up in all the fun that larger colleges have to offer. This excitement can often cloud and disguise the bigger picture. College is more than just surface learning, it's about preparing yourself for a better future. Once people understand that, I believe Greenville Tech can become a great option for​ people from all walks of life.

Cecilia

Greenville Technical College was a wonderful choice of school for me as a freshman student. First and foremost, as a college student, Greenville Tech allowed me to receive an affordable, quality education. The professors at the college were very professional and attentive to my fellow classmates and I, and they made sure to prepare their students well for their futures. My professors were easily available through email and always made time in their schedules to meet the needs of the students. The class sizes for each course are very beneficial to someone who needs more one-on-one time with the professors. It is not only the professors who are great with the students, but also the advisers were very helpful with helping me choose transferable classes I needed for my major. Along with great staff, there are also great facilities. Throughout the college there are several computer labs and study centers where students can sit down and find a place to focus on their learning and where they can find help if needed. Overall, Greenville Technical College is a great starting point for a new college student. They truly live up to their motto: "Start, Stay, Succeed".

Greenville Technical College is great. The atmosphere, students and staff are all welcoming. There is always a smiling face to answer any questions you have weather it's class related or questions about transferring. The campus is beautiful, safe, and has a police department located on it. My experience at Greenville Tech has been amazing and I would highly recommend it.

Kevin

I think it more than serves its purpose as a local, affordable college for those starting out and planning to transfer, or even those that just want a quality learning experience with a simpler process and environment. The campuses are beautiful and the professors are reliable. In the end, I can't imagine anyone walking out and regretting their first steps to getting in.

David

Greenville Tech is the best second choice for people who can't afford to attend a university yet or for those who want a fast education and a fast entrance into the workforce. Quality of education never fell short of high expectation, especially mine. Professors never leaves the students hanging and always show up on time. With a commitment to the future, they never succeed unless the student does, in the classroom and out. With their vast connections with booming industries in Greenville county and beyond, I know it is one of the best and most resourceful 2 year institutions in the state if not the nation.

Lyndsey

Greenville Tech is not a terrible school, but it also isn't a great one. The actual classes are great. So far, I have only had one instructor that I just could not get along with and that was an online course. It almost seems like no one that works there really knows what is going on. Not a lot of employees are willing to help and that's extremely nerve wracking for a first time college student! They expect you to already know what you are doing when that's almost impossible. This school is not my first choice, but it was my most realistic option. I just personally feel that there is a lot of room for improvement when it comes to the employees and some of the instructors. The school has so much potential to be such a good community college, they just need some work.

Tabytha

Greenville Tech offers a variety of degrees and options to reach your personal goal. They offer multiple campuses, and many flexible schedules to fit every individuals specific needs. The teachers are easily accessible through classrooms and emails. Overall, the school is decent for what it offers.

Nigeria

Not many of the professor takes the time out unless your come on their opening or make an appointment. There's not many activities the offer unless the student starts it. They have lunch but it's the same dats twice out the week. The teachers sometimes only give you work on the computer but they really don't teach.

Danielle

I love Greenville Technical College! The teachers are friendly and the different class options are flexible. Online classes are easy to do the homework for. There is not a large amount of term projects but there is a lot of tests. There is more than one campus so you can go to the campus that is closest to you.

breanna

There are some areas that need some work. Especially when it comes to visual appeal but they are in the midsts of updating. I must add I am very happy with my advisor. She has been so helpful with my schedule planning and makes me feel very confident about the direction I am going. So far I have had about 50 /50 good / less helpful teachers while attending GTC. Some are very helpful and are excited to help after class others are not that helpful and were more confusing.

Sasha

This coming spring will be my second semester attending Greenville Tech as a current student. My first semester was very interesting to say the least. Their were quite a few experiences that helped to teach me a thing or two about college. One of my first lessons was that high school did not prepare me for many things that I encountered last semester.

Ellison

I have always believed that Greenville Technical College has a lot to offer to students of any age. It can be used as a great stepping stone to get to another university via their Transfer Programs, or it can be a great start to a new career path for a single mom or dad looking to further their education. I have chosen Greenville Tech to help me attain an Associates in Science. After attaining my Associates degree I will be applying to Clemson University in 2018 for one of their PreMed programs. Clemson University offers an extraordinary Bachelors of Science degree for Genetics. Greenville Tech and the Advisors I have previously spoken with are working very hard to help me achieve my goals. Greenville Tech is a great community college with excellent staff and resources.

Jolita

Greenville Technical College is a very accommodating school to help many students in our community who would not have an education without such help. It is a wonderful stepping stone for transferring to area universities and colleges which can offer more extended educational programs. The campus is well-kept and easy to access as it has a number of campuses throughout the Greenville area.

Janet

Even though I recently became a student at Greenville Technical College, there are professors and students who are very nice people to work with, they are willing to help you. I love how the school has helped me transition into the school as a freshman.

Thuy

Greenville Technical College is close to my home and offer transfer which I like. I can start my education at Greenville Technical College and transfer to a four year university which saves me money. there are many resources I can use on campus such as computers, printers, tutoring, and bookstores.

Balsam

Greenville Technical College is a respected college with high standards for its students. It is definitely not easy to do well in their classes. However, they do provide tutoring and help available when needed. It would be better if they offered winter classes along with summer classes. As it would make it easier for students to spread their courses accordingly and not pile up their courses all at once.

Kiana

I feel that Greenville Tech was and still is a good starting point for me being a first year freshman. I do not regret starting here and I appreciate the small class sizes and professors that know me by my first name. I will eventually transfer so I cannot stay here forever.

Eric

Clean campus, nice professors and small classes! A lot cheaper than a four year institute plus they have the degree I wanted, which is the applied science in emergency paramedicine. I've heard the nursing program is actually decent as well! Not bad For a technical college!

Andrenique

My overall experience with Greenville Tech these past 3 years has been amazing lesson to my education and outside life. I have been exposed to opportunities that I didn't think I would be open to do but I did them. I have great advisers that have helped me better myself better than when I first came to tech. I thank them for the many opportunities I've been granted. My education is very important to me and I am greatly pursuing Psychology as my career choice.

Greenville tech is a good school. Very nice people and friendly staff. There are plenty of campuses and lots of majors to choose from. I would recommend this school to anyone looking to further your education no matter what your urgent situation is.

Greenville Tech is pretty good. I have lived on campus for a year, but I don't plan on staying here next year. I have had a lot of problems in the on-campus housing. Most staff is friendly and helpful, and they try to organize events often. My classes are a good size.

Victoria

This school is well recognized for their Massage Therapy program; their Business program; and their Technology programs. I attended in 2010 for massage therapy originally; then went back for their Associate's degree in the same area; the degree also included a minor in business. The massage therapy program is very interactive, and the teachers are extremely helpful and informative. The teachers and professors at Greenville Tech are actually involved in their field of expertise, so there is very little slack when it comes to having updated, factual information in the area you may be studying. Any issues I came across were usually quickly resolved. Internet classes were useful and well maintained; however, the software used for some classes needed an upgrade at the time that I took them (2015). I have had two friends go through the technical programs for Megatronics and Mechanical Engineering, who both loved the work that they were doing, and the classes they took during that time. Overall, Greenville Technical College is a great local school, whether you're a brand-new freshman, or someone returning to school for further education.

It is a good school. This school works with you and advocates even if your grades are not the best. I would say, it lacks community. There are some involvement options but not much. It's a great school if you especially are looking to get an associates and or transfer. The teachers are helpful.

Breanna

It’s not the greatest community college. They seem to put in minimal effort for campus design. Many buildings are outdated and some bathrooms are cramped. They try to make an effort for student care by hosting small activities to blow off steam. The student center is one of the nicer, updated buildings that I actually enjoy and feel more happy in. Other buildings and rooms feel dark and closed off.

I am grateful that I have the opportunity to take free classes through my high school, but overall the school is lacking in many areas. It is the perfect college for some people, but I personally am ready to move on to a university. I also cannot get my specific major there because it is a technical college.

Breonia

Greenville Technical College is a great place to learn. The staff helps you and actually cares about your education. The class sizes are small so you have more one-on-one time with professors. It is a small campus but they offer a variety of majors and careers. It is only a technical school so there are no sports but we have recreational centers all around that sponsor the school. The school offers student housing which is not common for technical schools so that is a plus. It is an overall great college.

Coleman

It has been a great school for me to accomplish my goals. While getting my associates I was assisted by professors along the way. For me, I was equipped with all the tools necessary to successfully graduate. After graduation, they will also advice you in the direction to become employed. Great school!

Chyna

Honestly, I don't have anything to say.

Anajea

Greenville tech is a pretty good school . Gives students a chance to make something of themselves. Has plenty of resources to allow the students to have a fair chance at life . GREENVILLE tech works with the students and allows us to explore and create different career opportunities to benefit us

Japheth

I believe that Greenville Technical College will be a great college to attend. I am very excited to attend and believe i will learn what i came for. So far the student resource office has been very helpful and i do not feel like they are just trying to get me out of the door.

It's ok for transfer credits. Pretty cheep tuition. They try to get people involved more with after school activities. Some of the activities are ok while others are more boring. They have a few clubs, but not a wide variety. Most of the teachers are nice, they are willing to help students. They offer helpful tutoring for most subjects. There are no food options other than restaurants around campus.

Ranisha

I love the school so far. This is my first year enrolled and I already see a difference between Greenville Technical College and another 2 year college I attempted to attend. These professors really care about your success. At first I debated upon going because of the distance when there is a college much closer to me but I am glad I did chose Greenville Tech! If you fail in this school it's your fault, there is help everywhere.

kayla

I think it is a wonderful campus for students who are starting their life, and can take it slow without spending to much money all at the same time. It's a nice environment to be in. The people are welcoming, especially to new comers at the college.