El Cajon, CA
Grossmont College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Grossmont College

Constanze

Grossmont College is unique to me in many ways: First of all it is in a beautiful rural setting. The campus is surrounded by alot of pine trees and plants that are native to San Diego. One feels like one is out in nature when walking across campus. There is a diverse selection of course offerings to choose from . The Instructors that I have had the pleasure of getting to know are truly great professionals, and seem to really have a passion for teaching. An added bonus for me is that Grossmont College has a Cardiovascular Technician Program !

If I could talk to myself when I was a high school senior I would have told myself: "Self, listen to me and please listen good. I will tell you right now that these years are more important than you can really imagine. Every decision you make right now, every step you take will shape the rest of your entire life! Of course it is hard to really decide at this moment what you want to be when you grow up , but pay attention to that voice that you can't ignore . The passion for art or human kindness or medical reasearch or animals, or whatever it may be. Do not give up on your dreams - even if you are told that there is no money in that or that you cannnot do it. Hold on to your morals and values and self-respect at all costs. Noone can take that from you, ever. And DO NOT take a break after High school and tell yourself that you will start College after a year or so. Just go and embrace your future. The world needs people like you! "

I tell my friends that I had the greatest mathematics instructor! She could make a child understand Algebra and laugh while doing it. I can also brag that I can ride a bike to school- if need be , and that it is a quiet, beautiful campus. A brand new Science building is almost finished being built so that will be exciting to enjoy . Grossmont College has a great learning environment!

Amber

If I were able to talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself multiple things. One of these things would be to take as many Advanced Placement classes in high school as possible. Having these classes done and getting the credit for them makes college a lot easier because you have a few classes out of the way, you won't have to worry about it, and it is much cheaper. I would also tell myself to not worry about all the other students who continue to brag about the large universities they are going to. With so many of my high school peers attending big name schools, I felt like a failure because I decided to attend a community college even though I was accepted into the schools I applied to. If I could talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself not to feel bad about my decision. Now I realize that in four years, my degree is going to say a university's name on it just like many of my high school peers', however i will have thousands of dollars still in my bank account.

The best thing about my school is the cost. I get the same general education and classes needed for my major at a much cheaper price than a big university. This allows me to save more money while at Grossmont. With my saved money, I will be able to afford tranferring to a university and not have to worry about having a lot of debt once I am finished with school.

Before I came to this school, I wish I had known about the guaranteed admission program that is offered. By signing a contract with both the community college and the college you would like to transfer to, you are guaranteed admission to the school you are transferring to as long as you meet all the requirements. This program should be started as soon as you begin classes at the community college. This program takes much of the stress out of the transferring process.

Gabriel

Grossmont College is a California Community College educating students of all ages, backgrounds, and skills--from undergraduate students to experienced professionals looking to bolster their talents.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to stop worrying. To stop obsessing. To stop stressing over which program at which school might ensure a successful life. There are countless possible pathways to happiness. Success can be reached anywhere. What matters is not where you go to school, but how you go to school. If I could transport back to Helix High School circa 2006 and look my chubby-faced self in the eyes, I would smile and say, "You're going to be fine. Stop planning, and start living."

In order to succeed at any community college, students must be determined and self-motivated. Though Grossmont College is a great place to explore interests and possible areas of study, students with negative attitudes and poor work ethics should not attend this school.

Joy

My classmates are different each semester, and each course... but somehow I always find someone as motivated, intelligent, and determined as I am; and learning infinitely more fun with them than it could ever be without them.

I'd tell myself to go to a different community college than I started out, and that distancing myself from high school is the first step to becoming an adult. I'd tell myself to take it slow... but not take it easy. I'd tell myself to believe in my abilities more, because confidence plays a huge part in achieving success. I'd tell myself that while not participating in a social weekend may seem like a huge sacrifice at the time... discovering you've failed the first class of your life, when it matters most, feels so much worse. I'd tell myself to work harder, study harder, and push myself harder. I'd tell myself to see a counselor every semester, without fail. I'd tell myself to wait until I turned eighteen to start college. College is about educating yourself, and becoming a well-rounded, contributing member of adult society. If you wait until you're of age in the eyes of the law, making educational choices for yourself is easier. Last but not least, I'd tell myself to work hard and long to earn my grades... but not to forget the importance of friends.

I wish I'd known how incredibly important it is to actually schedule counseling appointments. It's one of the first things you're told to do... but when I first started taking college courses I thought I already knew exactly what to do, how to do it, when to do it. Naturally, I had no idea what I was doing and took a lot of courses I didn't need to. I really wish I'd done that first.

michael

i would tell my self take better care of my car and just try alittle hard in school and get the collage cradit for that computer class i was taking. and be ready for end of the year and that college is fun but saty buclked down.

campus. it wide and open has grass and trees to studie under or take a nap and no one will bother you

how great a some of the techers where and fair of un fair some are

Shannon

"Dang it, why do I have to go to a communtiy college while all my friends get to go to universities? It's not fair that my family is so poor; they will never be able to help me with college. All my friends parents are paying for there school. Oh well, get over it, help yourself by applying to all and every scholarship you can find. Also take the SAT's just in case you are awarded a scholarship and get to go to a university. I also need to start pondering about my future and what I want in life. Hmmmm what do I want to be? I don't want to go to the community college not knowing my career. I also need to set a few goals that I want to accomplish in the next few years after graduation. What school do I want to transfer to after my 2 years of communtiy college? I think I should go over to the community college and talk to a counselor and maybe they can help me with some of my questions. Remember, life is what you make of it. I WILL accomplish my goals. "

I wish I would have known what I wanted career wise.

A person that wants to save money and get their associates first and then transfer to a four year because its much cheaper than a university.

Mabelynn

My calssmates are unique from one another, each one has different goals and dreams but we are all working together to better our lives.

If I could go back and talk to myself when I was a high school senior I would tell myself "Forget all your friends at this point, this is your last year to make a difference, do not settle for less and aim for the moon if you miss you land amoungst the stars, never give up on your dreams and always believe in yourself. Do not lose focus in college because thats your ticket to a sucessful life."

I brag most about when I get good grades on a test or quiz, or when I get back an essay with a god grade, and that I am proud of going to college.

Kristin

My school is filled with friendly and helpful instructors that do their job magnificently.

Don't slack off on your senior year of high school, apply early for financial aid and scholarships and just relax!

The kind of person who should attend this school would be anyone who would like to further their education and get their general education done at a cheaper cost.

Grossmont College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.