Grossmont College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Grossmont College

MacKenna

This is a community college and I would say it's a pretty good one. It is affordable, even if you are only working part-time. I feel like the class sizes are decent, if you participate you will be heard. All professors I have had in the past three years have had office hours and will work with you. I genuinely feel cared for by most professors. The only downside is that it IS a community college, so you have a lot of students who don't really care and it is easy to fall into that habit. Do your work and show up to class and you will be fine!

Meg

Grossmont college is an excellent learning environment, with excellent faculty and professional professors. My education has been greater at this community college than when I attended university. Cheaper than a state university- I would recommend it to any prospective student!

Aylin

I feel safe there, the professors' way of teaching may not always be favorable to some students but I have never encountered any issues of that sort. The faculty staff are motivating and cheerful people. The counseling is great, thanks to their help, I will be able to graduate sooner than anticipated. A large variety of classes offered and the library is a perfect place for studying. I cannot wait for this upcoming fall. I already finished all of my GE courses therefore I will be starting to take courses related to my major.

Aundrea

Grossmont College is easily accessable just of the 125 freeway. Students and instructors are generally kind and helpful and there is a genuine desire for all to succeed. The campus is small and classes are easy to find. Parking ease depends on the day and time of day with early mornings beig the most accessable. I enjoy the community feel of the campus and enjoy my time on campus.

Giovanni

It is an amazing community college and a perfect bridge to a university. The classes are small and flexible, the professors are knowledgeable and usually available, and the classrooms tend to be pretty small and full of mature young adults and full grown adults at times. Though, parking may be a nightmare at times.

naya

I enjoy coming here everyday. It is a great place to be and has many clubs and organizations to join. The teachers for the most part are wonderful and they are super helpful. Everyone here seems to strive for a better path. The students seem to be hard workers. The nursing program here is excellent as well and I am thinking of switching so that way I will have a place to work while I get my degree. Overall, a great environment and atmosphere here.

Lacy

This campus is amazing and has helped me grow as a person. I took a couple of extra years and I will be receiving 7 associates degrees, but all of the faculty helped me achieve my goals. The English department is stellar and Sydney Brown, who teaches English at all levels truly touches the lives of all of her students. There are many events each semester that hosts famous authors or poets and allows the students to read some of their own work. The campus is open to all walks of people and gives people with disabilities the help they need to succeed. I worked full time while taking classes, and it was accessible and completely doable. I feel ready to transfer with the help of my professors and amazing counselors (especially James Canady).

Nathan

It's good, There are good teachers here and a pretty good environment. I believe the students sometimes ruin the academic part of the school year because it seems a lot of them do not stick with the classes and drop out too early. Or they just keep showing to class but dont really care what they are studying.

Malak

it's great! I'm involved, being educated, and getting all the help i need.

Alexandria

I was at Grossmont for several years (a few too many). The teachers are very knowledgable and helpful. They are always making repairs to the buildings and facilities. The new art, science and nursing buildings they have built are beautiful. There is a good police presence as well. One night around 10 o'clock, I got back to my car to find a flat tire. When the police drove by to check that all the cars had left, they saw me and stayed with me until the tow truck came. I would highly recommend this school for those you want to get their undergraduate course work out of the way before attending a four year college. My brother is currently attending and likes it as well.

Ryan

I love the school and the professors. It is a very clean school and it has convenient on-campus shops as well as many opportunities to get a job to make life easier while going there. There is plenty of help to get whether it is tutoring or the professors always having open office hours to help you get to where you need to be academically.

LEZA

Grossmont is a great place to learn. It always has many activities such as plays, concert bands, and many performing arts as well as academic times for everyone to enjoy. There is always tutoring and people to help any time you want. All of the staff and services are friendly and kind.

brooke

It is a great college to start at. The campus has many clubs and associations for students to join and get involved in. The professors are passionate, interesting, and want to see you succeed. The campus is small, but very easy to find classes and get around.

Marissa

Grossmont college has allowed me to finish my Associates for transfer really reasonably and with ease. Grossmont is easily accessible and has professors that really seem to care about my education and future. The office staff and counselors are really nice and helpful. I have been able to take many online courses to fit my schedule as well as classes in the morning and night.

Sydney

My experience with professors have been great during my general education experience as well as the courses pertaining to my major. My professors, for the most part, have been available and willing to assist. However, my experience with the counselors have been impersonal and often confusing. You need to do a good amount of research on your own before meeting with someone, and often I didn’t receive the answers I needed.

Annalise

Grossmont College has provided me three years of great and enjoyable education. The campus was always accessible with many free tutors, wonderful professors, and helpful counselors. The campus bathrooms were kept clean and there were many around the campus. I also found that when there was construction, they would provide helpful information in order to accommodate your daily routine. There was no on campus housing, which is why I decided to rate that a zero. The school for me overall was incredible and I am happy that I decided to my first three years of college there.

At 37 weeks pregnant I take my first steps into class, what am I doing here! "it is never to late to start," my mothers word ring in my ears. I now have a 3 month old, a 4.0 and a drive to achieve more. I never thought it was possible to welcome a 17 year old, a marine, and a pregnant lady into a class, and empower each to achieve their all. Grossmont may not be in the swankiest part of California, or San Diego for that matter, but it is home to amazing faculty and students alike. Their deli sandwiches aren't so bad either.

Monique

It's alright for a community college, most students are here to just get their general ed. The classes aren't too big even when there are a lot of students most don't stay until the end. The food is alright the only real downside is the bookstore. It's alright and the staff there are nice it's just the prices, they only price match with certain cites so you're better off just buying off of amazon.

mimi

The school is a great community college but community colleges are not prioritized and poorly funded so there are a few obstacles as students we have to deal with. Overall I enjoyed my experience but if I were to be President of the college I'd implement quite a few changes. For Example, school parking would be covered by tuition, there would be more advertisement for extracurriculars, there would be more involvement with local universities, and I'd put more funding in classes that actually transfer to universities.

Catherine

it was the couple of years I've experienced, the classes were small enough for one-on-one work with the professors, the campus and facilities are awesome, and the people are friendly and reliable.

Silas

I like it. It's a good, lade-back school with lots of opportunities. I especially appreciate how cheep it is to go there, because I do not have a lot of money. One of the classes was amazing! It was a total life-changing experience with really fantastic and involved teacher. He inspired us to speak out and be bold with our communication because our voices need to be heard and we can change the world. It was just awesome!

hannah

My entire family has received a degree, began there career, and met their future spouse at this college. I have grown up on this campus and now am making my mark on it. The food is made by the culinary students (the chicken tenders and fries are the most famous lunch food on campus), there are vending machines at every corner, the entire campus is basically a parking lot, the nursing program is famous, the theater majors put on plays every semester, the Hyde gallery is visited often from people all over San Diego, overall Grossmont is a great school and I'm glad I go there.

Karla

it’s in a very good location. It’s a big, nice campus. Most of the professors are approachable and knowleadge. There are a variety of clubs and sports to join. Counselors are very knowledge but it’s really hard to get an appointment. Overall I’m happy with my experience at this campus for the past 3 years.

Aliyah

Grossmont is a great school because they want you to succeed and to be able to transfer within the two year span. The professors are phenomenal and they want you to pass their course. I recently just finished my 1st semester and I passed all of my classes, So I am very proud of myself because college life is not easy at all. But Grossmont made sure that I was on the right track and I applaud them for that and my counselors.

Anne

Overall, it is an excellent place to launch and begin your academic plan. I have had almost all great experiences with the teachers and other college administrative staff. The college is surrounded by a beautiful mountain landscape, along with a nice and friendly neighborhood. The parking availability is so-so but aren't all colleges like that?

morsal

It's a great college for student who want to major in nursing. The have great programs for nursing student and also Grossmont College is known as one of the best nursing school. I am planning to get my nursing from Grossmont College. They have a lot of other programs for the students who are majoring other than nursing.

Sarai

Overall, I enjoy attending Grossmont College. I've enjoyed most of the teachers and the classes. The only thing for me is that some teachers don't answer the questions from students. There have also been a couple of safety concerns. However, Grossmont contacts the parents and students in a timely manner and describe the situation and how it is going to be handled.