Grove City, PA
Grove City College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Grove City College

Wayne

Grove City College is an affordable, academically challenging, service-minded, future-oriented, and caring community in which to prepare yourself for engaging the world around you through meaningful, skillful, and sustainable contributions.

1) This one life you have is YOURS - so get to know yourself. Learn to express what you like, what matters to you, and who you want to be. While you're at it, get comfortable talking about your strengths and weaknesses: study, embrace, and enjoy them. Conforming or rebelling are YOUR choices, but don't get caught up in making statements for the sake of making them. The path is yours, so figure out what matters to you and make your choices based on that. 2) Give nuance a chance. Life is not as black and white as you wish it were. So while you're getting to know yourself and making life choices, learn to love nuance. Develop the ability to hold your values firmly while understanding the values and choices of others. 3) Take informed chances. Some choices are clear: you'll get accepted to your top choice or have one job offer. But sometimes you'll have more than one good option. Don't waste your life worrying. Gather whatever information and advice you can, then follow what your gut tells you. Chances are you will end up exactly where you are supposed to be.

GCC offers a challenging and dynamic learning environment that prepares its students to face the world with tools needed to succeed. Not only does GCC offer its students skilled and caring professors in their respective disciplines, but they also require a core of humanities classes to ensure that every student leaves with a proficient level of knowledge in foundational subjects. And this learning takes place in a positive, supportive community of peers from all over the country. There is an active Greek life at GCC as well as many student organizations and the most welcoming Orientation Board you can imagine.

Kate

See yourself as a member of a generation, and your generation as a member of humanity. Why is this important as a college student? College allows you to see the world without needing to travel, meet and interact with men and women of the past through their ideas, and learn about yourself, your culture, your past and the legacy you will leave one day. College is a springboard both to the future and also to the past. Do not forget to use your eyes to look ahead to the future and the opportunities that surround you on and off campus. Do not forget to use your eyes to look next to you, through seeking community and support: you cannot do this journey alone. Finally, do not forget to use your eyes to look behind to generations that have come and gone, but leave a pathway, footprints and beautiful testimonies and lessons to learn from. Look around. Don't forget.

To not be afraid to ask for help and to be humble enough to be mentored

Mark

My classmates are, on the whole, engaged in the academic process wonderfully.

My classmates are, on the whole, engaged in the academic process wonderfully.

Quite simply, I would advise my former self to distinguish the significant apart from the insignificant. Too often, we as college students (especially freshmen!) take curiosity at our poor academic performance, unfortunate social standing, lack of future career options, and so forth. We wonder and wonder, and so few of us are ever guided toward the proper conclusion: too many of us (my freshman self included) waste time in areas that detract from our primary endeavors. For example, if I do not have a thorough understanding that my primary role as a college student is to be a college student (sounds silly, does it not?), I can easily lose footing within the first few weeks of school. Personally, my priorities championed a strong social life, intramural involvement, girlfriends, and so forth, far over classroom endeavors. Indeed, while the former categories of college experience are certainly wonderful, they must have their proper place in the hierarchy of priorities. The little choices, in short, are what make the college experience make or break. If I could speak to my high school self, I would emphasize the value of the small battles. They add up to win the war.

Anyone interested in having their understanding of their career field and Christian faith fostered, while not compromising broad academic rigor.

The first piece of advice I would give to my high school self would be to not be afraid to try new things once I enter college. These activities are how you meet people and gain life experiences that will help you in the future. A second piece of advice would be about friendships. I would tell my high school self to spend as much time with my close group of friends as possible senior year and the summer before college, but not to worry too much about drifting apart from these friends. College gives you the chance to easily meet new people who are more like you and who offer more positive relationships than high school friends who are changing and drifting apart from you every day. Additionally, I would tell myself to have more experiences related to my field of study (elementary and special education.) These volunteer or learning experiences would benefit me greatly as I continue my own education. Finally, I would tell myself to focus more on my faith in high school, since I chose to go to a private, Christian school. This would help me as I continue my spiritual growth in college.

My classmates at Grove City are very well-rounded and generally friendly. It's easy to meet new people and make friends because everyone has similar interests and values. Grove City College students are dedicated to their studies and strive to excel academically. However, they still want to enjoy their time at college with good, clean fun activities. My classmates are also very strong in their Christian beliefs and values and emphasize the importance of Christianity in all they do. This creates a group of students who are caring, friendly, compassionate, and respectful towards everyone.

When I talk to my friends about Grove City, one thing I brag about the most is the camaraderie between the students. Everyone there has such strong Christian beliefs that it creates a good environment for focusing on studies and religion and for making lifelong friends who share similar values with you. The teachers also share these Christian beliefs, so they are very fair and compassionate when dealing with their students.

Matthew

I would tell myself not to worry as much as I did about the college application process and the adjustment from high school to college. I was very stressed that I would not recieve admission to the schools that I wished to attend and that it would be hard for me to make friends and adjust to the college level. Grove City helped me with my transition into college and made it very easy for me to make friends and learn the tips and tricks of college life. I would also try to cure myself of "senioritis," as I will admit to catching it late in my senior year. I did not let my grades slip, but I did not work as hard or take my work as seriously as I had in the past, which made it hard to start working again once I began college. If I were able to do this, I believe that it would greatly help me and make my senior year of high school much better. Much of it was spent worrying about how college life would be different, and how it would affect me.

Someone that is a dedicated and hard-working student that is willing to work hard and study long hours in order to succeed. However, one must be open and outgoing because everyone is very helpful and friendly. People attending this school should not be afraid to profess thier love of their religion or any of their other beliefs for other students at this school will not judge them. Overall, as long as someone is willing to put in hard work for good grades, this is the school for them.

I brag that I am getting a much better education at Grove City College than my friends are recieving at thier schools. All of my courses are much more difficult, and upon comparison, we have covered much more material in my first semester than any other school I have talked to. I feel that I am becoming much more intelligent and am being presented with a much greater challenge in academics than any of my friends that have attended other schools.

Caleb

Grove City is filled with great student activities entertainment. Every semester the theater program puts on multiple top notch full scale productions, as well as hosting numerous outside talents that come to perform. There are many great opportunities to go to dances and block parties and if you don't know how to dance fear not there are student led ballroom and swing dancing clubs. And though I mentioned it earlier it bears mentioning again, the intramural program is is excellent and very competitive.

One of the key things that GCC is known for is the rigorous academics, and trust me they are rigorous. I am a Communications major and thus my work load is less than say a mechanical engineering major but it still keeps me busy. however whatever your major is it is always manageable and for the most part your professor is more than willing to help. The Academics also go beyond the class room for both students and professors alike. in my experience, my professors have always kept their office hours and have gone out of their way to discuss how the student is doing in some cases even treating the students to a cup of coffee. Students as well often discuss the topics that they discussed in class with each other in their free time.

Being a "Grover" is stereotypically synonymous with being very smart, and sometimes that leads to the assumption that everyone is a brainiac: all work and no play. That could not be farther from the truth. being held to such an academically high standard does mean that school work takes a priority, but it definitely does not mean we have no time for enjoyment and social interaction. Grovers find a great balance between scholarly pursuits and extracurricular activities. In fact Grove City has an excellent and thriving intramural program as well as numerous clubs and organizations that students can join, from fencing to swing dancing.

Alexis

Affordable education with an emphasis in academic excellence. study study study with a little bit of fun. it's a small school in a small town where i learned alot about myself and how i should prioritize my life.

there is no guarantee you will find out what you want in your life within the next 4 years, if you don't that doesn't mean you got an F in life paths 101. here's some advice 1. try several different careers on for size, start early! take as many different interships and elective classes as you can, anything that you might be interested in try it. no matter what mom and dad say or how unrealistic it is, when it comes down to it, the year after graduation mom and dad will not be driving in the car with you every morning on the way to the job that's "just a perfect fit for you" that you absolutely hate or just simply doesn't fulfill you. you are the only one you have to answer to at the end of the day. 2. choose something that will be able to support your after you're done. if you want to major in basket weaving, minor in entrepreneurship so you can set the prices of your own baskets, that way you can have that cruise to italy and send your kids to school in the same lifetime.

a person looking for an event to go to or something to do on or off campus every evening should look else where. this is an academics focused institution and not alot goes on. the nearest small city is 30 minutes away, there is never anything going on in town so if you want to do anything off campus you MUST have a car. NOT a party school by any means

Grove City College is more like a community than any other school I've ever visited. It is a place that is filled with awesome students, all of whom seem to be incredible people, that learn culturally, socially, and spiritually relevant subjects in classrooms from teachers who genuinely care about each of their students' progress and immediate future. I looked at many other colleges and universities, but this school was the only one that felt like a home.

Part of the core requirements for graduation from Grove City College is taking a series of Humanities courses, all of which examine different aspects of cultures, religions, and worldviews. This college has, thorugh these courses, caused me to think critically about WHY I believe WHAT I believe. This applies to both my spiritual life and the stances that I take on hot-button issues such as abortion, stem cell research, and homosexual civil rights. I knew what I believed before coming to this school, but now I can defend my beliefs! I can take a firm stand against any opponent and, while I will not always have all the answers to the questions they present or the issues they raise, I will be nonetheless firmly grounded in my views and be able to challenge them to also think critically about why they think the way they do. Because of this awareness, it is as if I have a passion that's been ignited within me for each and every belief to which I hold. When my generation is attacked by the influences of the media and ill-informed peers, I will not be moved. I will stand my ground.

The best thing about my school is most definitely the faculty. The professors, administration, and even career service/student life employees are all extremely genuine and love to learn about and get to know the students. The extent to which the faculty goes to see that the students at Grove City College succeed is absolutely incredible.

Timothy

My school does not accept government funds and remains independent of the government. A strong emphasis is placed on liberty and the free market. This does not mean that my school is judgemental or unfriendly toward liberal students.

Since attending Grove City College, I have grown into a more mature and complete person. From the challenging educational requirements, I attained a thorough understanding of my vocational pursuit and have learned to work hard to achive success. Engaging with different people from different backgrounds has expanded my understanding of human beings. Living away from home and being forced to cope with a degree of stress has increased my understanding of what it means to be an adult living independently of my parents. College is a time for the student to grow into an adult who is capable of providing for himself and a family. To be a provider, the student must have a vocation, the ability to interact with other people, and the maturity to manage stress. Attending Grove City College has been a crucial part of becoming an adult.

I tell people that the school delivers on its claim tobe affordable, rigorous, and genuine.

Grove City College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.