Grove City, PA
Grove City College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Grove City College

Chelsea

Tough scholastically, but great Christian atmosphere, beautiful campus, and an altogether life-changing experience!

Although I am only a year and a half into my college career, I have loved every minute of it. At Grove City, I learn so much and I feel well prepared for life after college. The professors are helpful and caring, and they give me hope as a future educator that it is indeed possible for me to have an impact on the lives of my students. I know that for a teacher, a degree is a must, and the classes that I'm taking give me information that will actually be relevant to what I plan on teaching later in life. Even though the schoolwork is diffiicult, it is always worth it. I have also met amazing friends there who I know will be a part of my life for many years to come.

Grove City is a very tough school academically, so it is difficult to get good grades, but you learn a lot; since it it is not well known, however, the prestige associated with difficult schools is not there, so employees see only less than stellar grades.

Grove City College is an acedemic community that provides a blended environment of rigerous acedemic course work and a loving and encouraging faculty.

It is a huge privilege and blessing to be able to attend a college, especially a school so determined to equip me with as much knowledge as possible. Grove City College has afforded me such an amazing experience, and I am merely a freshman! I have learned so much and not simply just in the realm of academia. Collegiate life has illuminated certain truths of the world a little more brightly than they previously seemed to me. I have learned just how wealthy a man with one truly loyal friend is. I have learned how quickly people can change. I have even learned the value of a dollar, as it is necessary every time I wish to have clean clothes. College has taught me the value of independence; it is up to me to get motivated to study, to do my laundry, even to ensure that I have a ride home for holidays. However, more than lessons of industriousness I have learned the importance of rest. Yes there is a necessary time for intense study, hard work, and diligence; but the fast moving pace of modern society has neglected the importance of rest. To achieve academic excellence rest is needed.

There is honestly no fault that I have found yet in Grove. The work is hard yes but I am gaining such a large wealth of knowledge that the difficulty pails in comparison to my excitement in learning.

They are bright, energetic young people motivated to learn and achieve the goals they have set for themselves to one day help others whereever they are.

I believe that I am getting a great education at a well respected school. I am learning more about myself and learning to be more independent. I have met some interesting professors and have made some friendships that will last a lifetime. Grove City College has been a good choice for me. I am majoring in Mechanical Engineering and I am enjoying this field of study and looking forward to a great future.

People are there to learn from teachers that are there to teach.

Dan

Grove City is a great place for people like me who are dedicated students, love to learn, and love to do multiple activities at the same time while in a truly Christian atmosphere where there are constant reminders of our real purpose in life - for a quality price.

So far, I have learned many things about myself that I did not necessarily want to know, but discovering these things and being able to work on them has helped me as a person. I have already learned quite a lot in and out of the classroom, and I have been able to explore many different activities, as well as focus on those I enjoy the most.

Anyone who is not an excellent student, or has poor time management skills that cannot be quickly fixed, or cannot stand being in a Christian atmosphere, or who will let weather affect their mood, or will not give their best effort under all circumstances, should not attend Grove City.

Shanda

When you attend college, you get just a glimpse of how the big the world is and how many different types of people there are. However, you come to realize that there are many people like you out there too. For example, I was only one of the few devout Christians at my high school. When I got to college, I was comforted by the fact that there are so many people working toward the same goal that I have - to love, serve, and obey the Lord! It made me feel not quite so alone. It has been a valuable experience that I would never trade. I now have gained much confidence in myself and in my faith. I feel like I am being prepared to live life after college much better than I would have been if I hadn't attended college, especially such a challenging and rewarding college such as Grove City.

I wish I had known how hard it is. When they say "rigorous academics," they mean it! However, I love the school and I am learning so much. It's just that the first semester is quite challenging. Even if you were in the top percentage of your class in high school, that's no guarentee for an easy ride or top ranking at Grove City. It would have been helpful to get a reminder that you can't always be the best, especially at a top-notch college like GCC.

For me being a music major, the most frusturating thing is only being able to practice and perform classical music at student and senior recitals. I understand how valuable that type of music is, but I know I could also benefit in music training in jazz, sacred, broadway, and so on. I assume that after I graudate, I will be playing little to no classical and I wish that I could get professional help from my professors and piano instructor in all types of music.

I have grown so much since I began college for the first time at age 18. I stopped and started again at age 24 and now, at 27, I have a 17 month old daughter and have just graduated with my AA. The educational opportunities and experiences I have encountered over the past 3 years have been invaluable in regards to my growing as a person. I have been forced into uncomfortable, difficult situations; studying for finals at 3am after rocking my crying daughter to sleep for the nth time. Nights that seemed never ending, time after time breaking through the thoughts of "why am I doing this?" "It's not worth it" "It's too hard", etc. to emerge on the other side, triumphant and more confident than ever that I really can reach my goals and fulfill my dreams of becoming a teacher. Though impossible to know it at the time, through every difficult plight, my character was being stretched, molded and tested and I have come through the fire, refined and ready for whatever lay ahead.

Sean

I believe education serves purposes beyond simply preparing one for a career. A meaningful education not only achieves this preparation, but also empowers one to help others through their own, newly refined abilities. I feel that my own education can be a valuable means of expanding my capacity to help others and positively affect my community. The decision to attend my local community college, Los Angeles Pierce College, turned into a significant experience of my life. Many obstacles were presented by attending Pierce, such as having no official transfer curriculum, transfer agreements, or counselors to guide me to my four-year university. However, I managed to secure and thrive in my required courses. I have learned through this entire process that my success depends on my determination and perseverance. Along the way, I have developed persistent, resourceful, and motivated characteristics. Consequently, the confidence in my ability to accomplish both my educational and career goals and to take control of my future has expanded immeasurably.

Derek

My experience at Grove City College has been enlightening and inspiring. I have grown even further in both the spiritual and academic sense. This has been the beginning to an exciting stage of my life. I have not once regretted ever attending this colllege and would recommend it to anyone who desires to be challenged in every aspect of their life.

I wish I would have been more aware of the fact that Grove City College does not accept or provide federal aid. Due to that, it has been a little more tedious to gather and organize the funds and finances to pay for my education. If I would have known what specifically I was to look at when looking for a college, especially in the financial aspect, as a prospective student, I would have more than likely started getting my finances in order much sooner. Other than that, my expectations and hopes for this college have certainly been met.

The type of person that should attend Grove City College is someone who is determined and hardworking. This isn't the type of school that is known for its parties, but rather for providing an exceptional environment for students desiring to focus on their studies, both academically and spiritually.

Anna

I have gotten so much out of my college experience so far! Grove City has amazing academics, it is a great Christian environment, a very safe campus and very affordable. The academics are challenging but I learned a lot just in my first year. I have had the opportunity to play varsity and intramural sports, participate in ministries, and make many wonderful friends. I highly recommend Grove City to anyone looking for a good Christian school with a good academic reputation.

I would say the worst thing is the dorms. They are small, very crowded and several of the buildings have old furniture.

Scheduling is very stressful because the internet is slow and an entire class gets online at once to schedule classes.

Drew

The most important thing I gained from my college experience is self respect. I never considered myself smart before or even really all that educated. Going to college has changed that. I now have a 3.5 GPA and am very knowlegable in all sorts of different subjects. It feels good. I have learned so many knew and interesting things. Things I never even thought I would be interested in. School has inspired me to learn as much as I can. I believe college is a very important experience and definatly worth attending. Attending college has given me self respect, a new insight to the world, and tons of new interests to go along with it.

Grove City College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.