Grove City, PA
Grove City College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Grove City College

Meagan

An academically rigorous Christian school with a mainly homogenous population.

An academically rigorous Christian school with a mainly homogenous population.

If I had the unconventional opportunity to go back in time to my senior year in high school, I would give myself many different forms of advice. Mainly, I would strongly advise my prior self to save as much money as possible. When in college, money seems to evaporate between all of the diffferent costs. If I would have saved more money while in high-school, it very well could have made the transition a little smoother. Another point of advice would be to work on being proactive and ditching the habit of procrastination. Many students tend to fall prey to the convenient habit of pushing off their work and the best advice would be to tackle the work head on so that you have time to check and polish your ideas. Finally, I would recommend that I would expose myself to different groups of individuals and steer away from what makes me feel safe. Besides the conventional type of learning, there is an unwritten education at college. It is about meeting new people who think differently and challenge your beliefs and viewpoints. It forces you out of your comfort zone and helps with the change to adulthood.

A person that is driven, dedicated, and loves God.

December

Deciding to go to a four year college is a big step and can be an exciting adventure. If I could go back and give myself some advice, I would definitely remind myself not to let fear stop me from trying new things. College presents students with so many great opportunities that we may never have again. I would tell myself to look around and realize that once this time is over, I will most likely have other responsibilities that will not allow me to do everything I can do now. Take advantage of every opportunity! Years from now, when I look back on my four years of college, I don't want to be disappointed that I was too scared to try something new. Take on the adventure and don't be afraid of failure. Sometimes, failing can be the best way to learn.

Grove City College has a great student body, and the professors genuinely care about our education. It also has some of the best cafeteria food! The campus is beautiful and very safe. It's a great college.

Held in too long before Christmas break!

Audrey

The first advice I would want to give myself is to not take 18 credits the first semester of college or any semester for that matter. College is not all about studying and working. There are many lessons to be learned and memories to be made outside of the classroom and books. It is not worth all the money you pay to go to school if you do not spend time with friends or have fun. Yes, school work is important and honoring to God, but it is not everything. Remember, failing a test is so minimal in God?s eyes. He wants to use you for His glory, so do not hide behind books all the time. Sleep is extremely important. Be sure to get decent sleep, or you will regret it. You will be more cheerful and attentive if you get good sleep. Also, make sacrifices for others and give of your time to help others as much as you can. It feels good. Be creative and use your time wisely. Choose specific fun things to do with your friends and plan accordingly. College life is wonderful. Make the most of every opportunity and trust God in everything.

Honestly, I think the best aspect of Grove City College is the comfortable, friendly atmosphere. This is mostly due to the students, staff, and faculty at the college. It is a very safe environment where one has a lot freedom. My friends are absolutely amazing. I never imagined having such wonderful friendships. Everyone is so caring, helpful, and concerned for others. We are able to have so much fun doing creative, yet perfectly safe and legal activities. I appreciate the morals and values upheld at this school. It is a great place to be.

I think the worst part of Grove City College is the overwhelming pressure and feeling like you are trapped in a bubble at times. The campus is rather secluded from the outside world and though the community on campus is great, after awhile you just really need to break free of the bubble. There is a lot of pressure on my campus for academic success and to find your future spouse. These two pressures combined can be overbearing at times, but nonetheless, it is a growing experience which one can certainly benefit from.

Daniel

I would tell myself to enjoy the easy life while it's still available. College isn't fun and games like everyone makes it out to be.

Not being permitted to live off campus unless living with a parent.

The intervisitation rules. No members of the opposite sex in dorm rooms other than certain times on the weekend.

Grove City College is full of people who want you to succeed in life and in the career that you are pursuing.

I would advise parents to listen to what their children truly want out of life. If it does not match what the parent's dreams for the child are. Than, they need to work together to find a way to compromise and find both a school and degree that will satisfy both parties. I would also advise parents that often times a student will go into something only to realize that what they really want to do is what you have been encouraging them towards their whole life. But, you need to let them figure this out on their own! To students, I say, to make the most out of your college experience, meet lots of people! This will not only be key to you having a great time at school! But, it also builds great connections and relationships that can last for the rest of your life! Take your college experience as a blessing! Study hard, spend time getting to know your professors( they write great recommendation letters!) and also take time to build lasting friendships with your fellow students!

A student should not attend this school if they are not serious about taking responsibility for their education or interested in taking responsibility for their actions as they pertain to the college community as a whole.

Finding the right college, looking back at it, is really about a) do they have what you're looking for academically (majors, programs, quality of education)? and b) do you have the money to pay for it in a reasonable way? But finding the "right" college isn't as important as what you do when you get there. That's what will make or break your college experience. And really, the college experience (like all of life) is about relationships. Your friends are what will make the college experience wonderful for you, so choose them carefully. Find people who encourage you, who like and accept you for who you are, and in return encourage and accept them. Get involved in campus groups that suit your interests, or find something new to try. This is not to say that you should ignore your academics! College work is an important stepping stone to a good career, and your friends - the good ones - will understand that. But either way, the friendships that you make will truly be what you carry with you from college, and that is how to make the most of your college experience.

Find a college that is the right fit for you. Make sure that your major is offered. Make sure the size of the college and the classroom sizes are right for you. Find out what social activities are available. You want to feel good about your choices for free time activities as well as class room activities. And remember not everyone knows exactly what they want to do at 18 years old, it is okay to make changes as you develop into who you are becoming.

Grove City College is a school with intense academics, relaxed athletics, great moral values, and some of the most amazing people I have ever met.

I would say that visiting the college is the most important part. I know as soon as I visited the school I currently attend, I knew that was where I was supposed to be. It clicked, and I knew it was the right place to be. Everything else clicked into place. Regarding making the most of the experience, all I can say is get involved. Whether it be varsity sports, clubs, intramural sports, musical groups, or any other organization go for it. You will meet amazing people, and have the most memorable experiences of your lifetime, guaranteed. You will love whichever college you pick, because you create the experience, your school does not dictate this.

The most frustrating thing regarding Grove City College for me was the lack of diversity. I went to a high school in an inner-city, and Grove City College is the complete opposite. In high school, I could count on my hand the Caucasions, and it is the exact opposite at Grove City. I feel that many of the students are missing out on the culture and things you can learn from a college with much more diversity.

Classmates in general are great, very helpful, nice in general, polite, though there are always a couple of exceptions.

When looking for a college, it might help to find a site that you can list criteria at in order for the site to narrow down options. As for making the most of college, get involved. It is a surefire way to make the most of your time. If you can get involved in multiple things. If the college you chooses has brother/sister halls, and freshman activities, go to them, those are the places you will most likely get to know people that you will be friends with for life.

The most frusterating thing I have struggled with is the fact that the limit of credits a student can take without having to pay more is 17 credits, and each class is generally 3 which 17 is not a mulitple of, so it can be a little difficult to take all of the classes you want without having to pay more. The town surrounding doesn't have a LOT to offer, though what it does offer is good. Also the dining options are womewhat limited though still not terrible.

marshall

Grove city is unique in that while it is a religious school, it also offers academics that compete with the best states schools there are. also grove city allows freedoms that many other provate and religious schools do not

the one thing that i would reccomend to parents and students dueing the application process would be to take their time. i took a year off after high school and it was the best possible thing that i could have done. during the year off i worked full time, which worked greatly in my maturation process and gave me a better idea of what direction i wanted to take my life in. without having taking a year off i wouldn't have wound up at the school that i did. the year off also allowed me some pretty cool opportunities in addition to working. one thing that i was able to do was spend 2 weeks in the UK visiting friends. it was great to experience a different culture and see how history is different there than it is in America. throughout my whole year off i learned many pratical things such as discipline and hard work, but i was also able to have fun and experience some pretty cool things and i would reccomend it to anyone who is unsure in their search for a college

i wish i had known how rigorous the academics would have been, so that i would have been better prepared for my first semester of school

Grove City College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.