Greensboro, NC
Guilford College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Guilford College

Anne

Getting Bigger and more mainstream every year.

Getting Bigger and more mainstream every year.

A bunch of hippies with some republicans hanging out on the fringes.

The collegiate experience is all about balance. When applying for schools, take your time. Visit campuses, read books, and talk to students. In the end, base your decesion on a mixture of what fits with your conception of the future and what feels like a great place to be. Once you decide on the right school, immerse yourself in the community. Take a wide range of courses, meet as many people as you can, and try things that you have never experienced before. Don't be afraid to take risks, but always have a backup plan. When in doubt, say yes (but never compromise your health or safety). Enjoy yourself. Respect yourself and the people around you. Don't be afraid to make mistakes, but learn from them. Remember that you're there to learn, but understand that learning also takes place outside of the classroom. Love the time you have, and be greatful for it, because college is at once the longest and the shortest four years of your life.

Alison

A place to learn who you want to be and what you want to do.

A place to learn who you want to be and what you want to do.

Go to the campus and meet the people. I never would have chosen the college I chose had I not gone to the campus and discovered how wonderful the community was there. There are things you can't learn by reading about a school - you have to see for yourself.

Laura

Socially conscious, academically oriented, liberal, lots of drug and alcohol use

Just go visit; you'll know when it feels right.

Friendliness, academics, professor availability

Alicia

Your college experience is wat you make of it, meaning that even if youdont get into the college of your coice, you can still have a good college experience, its all about what you put in and what you are willing to pull out.

Kevin

College has so much to offer. Make sure you find a school that will give you a balance of academia, extra curricular activities, and a social life. Don't go to a school that is too easy or too difficult academically because then you miss out on some of the other important parts of the collegiate experience.

The non athlete-athlete divide. The non-athletes are just as much if not more to blame for this due to past issues in high school. A lot of this has to due with the popularity of the geek club known as the yachting club.

Their is a large geek community. They are accepted and very often t he most popular students on campus.

Elliott

If you want the most for your money and you or your child does well in a small liberal arts school setting, then give Guilford College a try.

The services available for the students with learning disabilities, because these services have allowed me to drastically improve my grades in comparison to my grades in high school.

That Guilford as a whole, is friendly, easy-going, awesome, and very helpful towards students that need help with their school work.

Samuel

In selecting a school, happiness is key - how happy are the students is the question I would ask. Talk to the students - do they feel that they made the right choice? Do they like their friends? Do they want to go to their classes, or feel coerced? If you want a number to use, look at retention rate. My school has an incredibly low retention rate - and, by no coincidence, the students here are depressed, ambitionless, bored, and often drunk. Schools with unhappy students have low retention rates, and this is, in retrospect, the most important number that I overlooked in my college search. While at school, I remind myself that I am a full-time student - it is my job to learn. I am paying to learn. This helps motivate me to stay focused. While as a mantra this mindset might breed boredom and disillusionment, I feel that it helps remind me of my enthusiasm for learning - I love to learn, and here I am, devoting years of my life to knowledge as an abstract. Nothing could make me happier - through clear purpose one can escape the banality that study can become.

The liberalness - anything goes, in essence. People are very non-judgemental, it my opinion. There's a bunch of very strange people here, all of whom get along fine.

The cliquiness of the social environment - everyone seems to have a circle of five or so people with whom they spend most of their time. People outside of one's circle are difficult to approach and hard to spend time with. It is very high-schoolish. Also, the school has recently been on an athletics kick, at the expense of academics and, to my mind, the social atmosphere. There is a very distinct athlete/non-athlete divide. The bros, the conservative varsity players, never say a word to non-athletes, and vice-versa.

Eli

Finding the right college is tricky. Visiting the colleges you are interested in is the biggest advantage one has to identifying if the college is right for them. When you go to the campus and you feel that you belong there, you probibly do.

The city of greensboro stinks, but thats the worst thing about the school

Its amazing, we have 60 acres of forest and a lake. the teachers are nice and understanding. I learn more in college than I have throughout my entire life so far. It is amazing.

When it comes to finding the right college, apply to as many as possible, especially ones you can apply to for free! I applied to Guilford College because it was free, they accepted me and gave me great financial aid. After that I looked into it more and realized it was a hidden gem. Once you are at your dream school, connections are important. Make friends from all around with varying interests. Also, I found that strong relationships with my professors helped build my knowledge as well as my connections. Find at least one or two professors in your field who you can truly learn from and talk to. Alway be on time for class and go to class...this is what you pay for and where you learn! I could walk anywhere on campus in 10 minutes so I set my alarm clock 10 minutes fast so I could just leave when the alarm clock showed the time my class was to start. Sounds silly, but I was always on time which I think was an important sign of respect.

The Quaker values, gender-blind housing, very small class sizes (sometimes only 3 people!) and very personal relationships with professors.

The most frustraiting thing about Guilford is receiving your first grades. It can be difficult to get low grades at the begining, but continue to work and you'll feel better as you improve.

Guilford College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.