Greensboro, NC
Guilford College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Guilford College

Alexandria

My classmates are unique, amusing, intriguing, and some of them off-putting, but they all have taught me something - in one way or another - about society and what it is like to meet new people.

Ali, now is not the time to relax; college isn't what you think. You will have to work four times as hard and you definitely need to learn how to manage your priorities and time. Also, spending time with friends and your boyfriend shouldn't consume your life. You need to focus on keeping your grades up, try to get a steady job, and learn to open yourself up to meeting new people. Try to make the best of this experience you're about to have and get involved! Do your best, but have fun and be positive!

Before attending Guilford, I wish I would have known more about the school, in general. I didn't know that it was a Quaker school or that it would cost so much to go there. I wish I would have known more about scholarship opportunities from the school and gotten a better look at the campus.

Robert

First off, enjoy the moment. Take the whole school experience in and take advantage of everything you can. Work hard for that degree and appreciate the degree as much as the effort it takes to get it. Do not take anything for granted. Work hard EVERYDAY. Makee new friends and have new experiences. Be yourself.

How at ease it is to talk to your professors and as a CCE student, blend right in.

I have no frustrations at all. Guilford has met all my expectations and more.

My classmates are into self expression whom many live for instant gratification as opposed to reaching for long term goals.

Michael, college is going to be a very difficult transition and one which will humble you greatly. Do not seek to satisfy people or make decisions that you would not want to share with everyone. The college you are attending will feel as the wrong choice for the reasons you are going. Baseball will not work out as you hope it will; the girls and parties are not what you envisioned, you are no longer cool and loved by most of the people you see on a daily basis, the work load is incredible, and most people have a different opinion as to how we all should live, professors included. However, attending this college is the best decision you could have made. You will make it through hard times and learn what you are capable of; you will meet great people on and off campus. Most importantly, you will learn to live for Jesus Christ. You will understand what this relationship you have means and find others that feel the same way. You will learn how to interact with others and mature greatly. While the times are going to be tough, you will not regret this decision. Good Luck! -Mike

The school preaches diversity, so those with the "minority" view are encouraged. Conservative students are often viewed as stubborn. Christians are viewed as intolerant. Those coming to Guilford need to be prepared for a different experience than at most colleges but not easily deceived, but who are able to explore and decide for themselves what they believe.

Alexander

My school is best known for being openminded and having students who enjoy a diverse education where they learn about the arts, other cultures, and the subject they're studying.

My advice would be to do what I thought I would enjoy the most than trying to follow in the footsteps of my family and to not care what my family's decision for me was and just go for what I want to do.

The kind of person that should attend this school is one who wants to receive a good education and be able to have a positive relationship with their professors and fellow classmates. The person would be one that the professors know who they are and can have a conversation about what they want with a professor whether it be academic or some other idea they wanted to discuss.

Ben

I would advise myself to be as open and honest about who I am as possible. Don't worry about whether or not you're doing what's "cool", its so important that you are who you are. People will see you being honest, and you'll find the right people in the end. Also keep your room as clean as possible, and don't piss off the roommate too much. You're not going to be in the ideal situation, and its important that you learn to compromise and listen to what the other perosn is trying to tell you.

Teachers are really helpful and dedicated to you getting good grades and succeeding

The Class sizes are small, and the school is really environmentally friendly.

Dasha

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself that I needed to get more serious about studying more in order to improve my grades and GPA so that I could get in to a good school. I would encourage being more prominent in the student body and a leader. Also, I would advise myself that it would be much easier to go on to college immediately following high school, rather than waiting several years to finally decide to do so. This could be financially beneficial to me through the years, since this education would already be under my belt. I would tell myself that I shouldn't worry about paying for college, that I could get loans for most of the cost if necessary and that I could pay them back over a long period of time. I would also encourage applying for scholarships in order to pay for part or all of my college tuition costs. Finally, I would tell myself to enjoy my time in high school because it's actually one of the best times of life and something to cherish.

The worst thing about the school is that it is SO writing intensive. I enjoy writing, but sometimes it's just too time consuming to do all the writing assignments required, especially since I work full time. Also, I don't feel that all this writing is always necessary or beneficial in order to learn.

When I tell people about Guilford College, mostly I talk about how glad I am that I'm making good grades. Also, I talk about what I've learned and that the courses are challenging.

It has smaller classes combined with the liberal arts education which results in a great learning enviorment that allows you to discover the different fields of study and find yourself while becoming more fruitful within the learning-living community.

I would definitely give more attention to finding/applying to colleges with smaller class sizes since I didn’t give that much attention the first time but I found the benefits of it since I've been attending Guilford College. I Also saw the importance of diversity and the community that the college tries to build which would go as a second category into my selection process in addition to the excellent level of education provided.

Mostly, that its not an easy school and that you would have to put in a lot of hard work to get back good results. Its not the place where you can throw away your work or put it off for later.

Patrick

Guilford College is known best for it's community involvement and low student to professer ratio. These two attributes make the campus appear small but allows for a sense of security and the comfort of being at home all without leaving the campus.

Being done with my first year, I would tell myself the importance of preparation for anything that involves effort. I am stuck now owing money to college, not doing as well as I could be in school and behind in my cross country preparation. While most of these things aren’t too bad to turn around, I find it hard to keep up with the fast flow of life. I wish that I had been able get more scholarships, teach myself to study in high school where it was easier and learn how to make more time for the things I love. I feel as if preparation is an important part of life that I haven’t fully grasped yet but this miniature crisis has helped me to find my way into developing a sense of prior preparation prevents poor performance. This will help me out in all aspects of my college career and it will continue into the rest of my life and create a trait that enables me to better myself once in the real world.

Anyone who would like to get to know interesting new people, learn about themselves through writing while maintaing a strict course load. Anyone who loves to have fun and work at the same time will have a great college experience here.

JodieAnn

My classmates are intellectual engineers of change.

My classmates are intellectual engineers of change.

Jodie, you are powerful beyond measure. If you truly want to be successful you need to invest in your future and don't be afraid to take chances; feel confident in those chances. Apply for every scholarship and program that is provided for students; it is there for you. College will not be a breeze and you should use this time to take care of yourself . Sometimes it's okay to say no if you feel stretched beyond limits. I know that theres a place inside of you filled with worries and waiting to regret the point where you have given up on your dreams; however, it will not happen because there will be people at Guilford to support you. If at any time you don't feel suppoted, create it. Each load you have been carrying has not seized to put you to rest; therefore, all the loads you decide to take on will never be too much. I know that you have your whole life planned, but there is no roadmap for this journey. Travel slow and take deep breaths every step of the way, until you reach that dream you have set forth.

If you are truly interest in a liberal arts education that is supportive, Guilford is the right fir for you. Small class sizes provide the chance for one on one attention from professors; the first name basis also creates a level of engaging dialogue for ideas. Guilford is a great place for social, academic, and athletic balance. Greensboro itself also has many career opportunities for artist and those that want to become involved in community issues. If you seek to transform the world through diversity, equality, and community you'll find a way to at Guilford.

Kendra

My classmates differ due to different lifestyles and ages, however I have learned a lot in each class environment.

I would be more determined in making decisions to propel me to where I want to be as oppose to where I am currently. Seeing past the forest regardless of how many tress blocked the view. It doesn't take away from the forest still being there, it only opened up more opportunity to explore something new. College should be an experience that not only teaches me how to impact this world but how to impact those that I meant and interact with. I would work harder for myself, to be successful at whatever I chose to do as oppose to trying to living up to others opinions of what I should be. To enjoy life, the good, bad or indifferent and to accept the fact that change is inevitable, but the transition can be life changing.

Guilford College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.