Greensboro, NC
Guilford College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Guilford College

Merle

A quiet college where student give each other respect, and teachers are kind and helpful.

The college advisors have been extremley helpful in assisting me to figure out what I want to study. I have now decided that I want to major in the health sciences, specifically in Biology, then attend gradutae school and take an accelerated nursing course. Everyone on campus is looking out for my best interest. Students have been very kind and generous. There is some bureaucracy, but not too much.

The cliques that persist and the divisions between athletes and non athletes.

Kathi

Liberal, writing intensive, academic focus, beautiful campus, small school with big school quality academics.

Quaker principles combined with a small campus make for a comfortable, accepting, embracing environment.

My college experience has given me self-confidence, direction, and a passion for learning. Thirty three years ago I started college as a teenager, earned an associate's degree, and went on to have a family and a respectable career. Then my job was out-sourced and I found myself ineligible for any job matching my skill set because I didn’t have a bachelor's degree. I found a long-term, contract position and went back to school. Balancing a full-time academic workload with a full-time job and two full-time, busy teenagers was challenging but I loved every minute of it. Two years in, with a 3.87 GPA and my degree so close I could almost touch it, my body betrayed me. Serious complications following open heart surgery knocked me down so completely that I was unable to work for six months or to return to school for two years. But I did return. I will be a Teaching Assistant for Psychology Research Methods next semester and then I expect to graduate with honors in May. After that I'm going for a Masters in Psychology - then maybe a doctorate!

I have worked hard and studied countless hours and yet wouldn't trade that time back for anything. I now have a much higher knowledge base and can hold my head up high. I am proud of myself, I didn't think I was smart enough to do this, but I am so much closer to a better life for my children. I have self-confidence and now I KNOW that I can graduate; I am smart enough! I have learned how to do so much and how to articulate my thoughts and ideas in a precise logical way so that others know what I am getting at. My horizons have brodened and in a few years will have surpassed what I never thought possible; I will be a college graduate. I will be an asset to any company all because I made the first step and went back to college and started the learning process.

I wish I would have started earlier! I am a nontraditional student and waited until I was almost 30 to start college. I now have 3 children and can say that you must put aside plenty of work/study time so that you can do your best.

Anyone wishing to complete a 4 year degree in a small class size format. The class size is great and condusive to discussion and greater understanding. One also gets more individual attention then at a bigger state run school.

Jordan

My college experience has allowed me to see the world in an entirely new way. Through the relationships I have gained thus far in my college career, I have met people of different and innovative idea's, beliefs, and values that I would not have seen if I had not attended college. The personal classtime with challenging courses has also allowed me to articulate my own ideas and knowledge to my classmates and professors. This is imperative because of the writing assignments are extremely unique and difficult and, therefore, I have become a more intellectual citizen that can look at other individuals beliefs and knowledge while also supporting my own. Of course this will begin to be more important when I step into my own career field and are faced with personal challenges to my ideas, intellect, and moral compus. Without my college experience, I would not have grown as a person mentally and emotionally which, therefore, shows that my college experience has molded me into a smarter, more prepared, and more articulate citizen, which has allowed me to view my surroundings in an open way.

I wish I knew about the writing workload that professors regularly put on students immediately as a first-year. Additionally, I wish I knew how personal classtime would be between students and the professors. I also wish I had a better idea of Quakerism and the liberal values that comes along with this religion that shapes that school's character and foundation.

Students that are not legitamately ready to learn and step outside of their comfort zone. Students that are not teachable and do not believe that they can learn new material and study habits will struglle at Guilford College as well. Also, students that cannot speak their own mind and re-inforce their beliefs, morals, and values will need to learn how to immemiately in order to thrive in the classroom. Students that consider themselves as "anti-social" will also find themselves out of place in such a personal and close community with the students and faculty/staff.

Justin

Diverse yet generally united in that they value diversity.

Diverse yet generally united in that they value diversity.

I've realized that pursuing my major has not been the focus of my time at Guilford, but rather, my focus, or what I have learned the most from, has been my interactions with people from totally different backgrounds, who have totally different views, but at the same time realizing that I am connected to them, as different as they may be, by being at this college, by pursuing further education at such a place that places such emphasis on development and diversity, rather then just achievment and competition. I have come to learn that there are many different types of people, and that I am but one single individual, my way of things is not always the best, and while I am just an individual, we are all connected. There is more to higher education then just education. There's interconnection, helping me become a more aware person. That is what I have been studying, not in a class room, its not tested or set down in front of me, but it is taught by living here, by existing in this diverse culture, and by realizing that while everyone is unique, everyone is different, everyone is also the same.

The distinction between athletics social circles and non-athletics social circles.

Bryan-Thomas

I have learned that the world is a much bigger place and that there are millions of possibilities. This is valuable to me because it has helped me mature more and learn that I can do so mouch more than I thought I could.

Autumn

Guilford really supports uniqueness and individuality. There are so many different types of people that attend Guilford, that it seems like one giant melting pot. Most everyone is friendly and supportive and you truly feel like you're at home whenever you step on campus.

As a sophmore here at Guilford College, I have found my home and where I belong. I also play softball and have formed a close-knit family with my teammates. I balance out my school work and softball with many supportive friends outside of the classroom and my sport. I know how to manage my time due to softball and my classes. The beautiful campus always stimulates me and I often find myself stopping to take in the views and atmosphere. Although most of Guilford's classes are challenging, I find myself wanting to learn more. I enjoy the challenge and I truly benefit from the difficulty and gain much more knowledge. College has brought me out of my shell and has made me more independent. I have become a free-spirit trying to find my way and Guilford is lending it's helping hands to make me achieve my dreams and reach my potential.

Guilford College is a small school with a beautiful campus filled with wonderful diverse people. It's easy to navigate, friendly, and has an asthetically pleasing atmosphere. The classes can be challenging, but by gaining this liberal arts education from Guilford the real world will seem less scary.

Margaret

My college experience has given me the ability to appreciate many different types of people and the abilities they have to offer to the community.

Claire

Guilford is truly a place for everyone, despite its liberal-hippie stigma.

Guilford is truly a place for everyone, despite its liberal-hippie stigma.

I've gotten more than I expected from Guilford. I'm from Greensboro and I only came to Guilford because of personal reasons, not because I am a liberal hippie. But I've changed a lot personally and grown a lot academically. Guilford is a really easy place to get involved. Students, faculty and staff are always looking for a new and innovatie activity that reflects Guilford's core values which do play a large role in comparison to what I think core values play at other schools. I feel comfortable being different here. I've become an adult here.

Someone who wants to be challenged academically, politically, spiritually, and socially.

Dasha

I obtained my Associate's degree in Paralegal Technology from Guilford Technical Community College several years ago and I believe that learning experience has helped me in my job in the Guilford County Attorney's Office where I'm employed as the Contract Administrator. Also, imy degree made it possible for me to sit for the NC State Bar Exam for Paralegals. As a result, I passed the exam and became a Certified Paralegal. The college experience is enlightening and has helped me to grow as a person. I've learned, not only about the legal field of study, but also about how to feel more comfortable interacting with others around the school , at my work, in the community and just everywhere in general. After a few years' reprieve, I'm now back at school again as an adult transfer student at Guilford College, which is a 4-year school, to pursue and obtain my degree in Criminal Justice. I've found that I'm a curious person who never stops learning and that there's always something else just around the corner to discover.

The only thing I can think of is that the admission/enrollment process seemed confusing, but part of this could've been because I registered kind of late.

The kind of person who should attend Guilford College is someone who, above all, is honest and expects honesty from others as well. In addition, this person should be very ethical, compassionate and attentive to other people at the college and in their community. This person should be well respected and liked by others because of their good personality and reputation. Finally, this person should be an upstanding person and a good student who wants to keep a high GPA, earn their degree and obtain (or maintain) a good job in their chosen field.

Guilford College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.