Guilford College Top Questions

Quincy

There are lots of things I would tell my high school self. Every experience I gain is something I wish I had experienced or known previously. However, what stands out most to me is that I wish I had enjoyed my life at that time more than I had. I would tell my high school self to “live in the moment and soak it all up. Relish in your freedom. Take every opportunity that comes your way, because you never know where it may lead.” I’ve noticed that as life goes on, it becomes harder and harder for me to stay present. I am working on changing that, but I think that this would be easier if I had cultivated that mindset as a younger person. I would urge myself to follow my intuition and be more flexible. (Then I would hope that advice would stick with me until now.)

E'leyna

The most important piece of advice that I would give myself is: Do not be anxious, worried or afraid if you do not know exactly what it is that you want to do with your life. Don't rush or feel pressured into choosing a field of study. Chances are, you'll change your mind after a year. Live life, get involved with various activities, take different types of classes. Something will peak your interest and when it does, you'll know what it is you want to do. So don't stress, live each day with a positive outlook and get ready for an eye opening, awe inspiring 4 year journey!

Kimberlee

If I could go back in time and talk to the person my high school self, I would tell myself to wait a little longer before I went to college. In going to college while my dad was sick was hard enough because I was away from my family. I wasn't able to concentrate on school like I should have so I feel if I stayed away from college longer then I would have been able to focus on it fully and appreciate it for all it was worth when I did go onto college. It is hard to keep your mind focused on your studies when they are focused on your family and them being in pain and hurting. You want to be there for them as much as possible and sometimes you aren't able to if you are away from them. So I would tell myself, to wait longer before attending college. Give myself that time with my dad before he passed away. Then go onto college and focus 100{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} on it.

Nuriya

I would tell my high school self to not stress as much, the transition process isn't at all what its ment out to be. Ecspecially at Guilford were they guided us very well in transitioning into college life. I also would worn myself about the freedom that you will endure when entering college. Your going to have to balance school work, a social life, and maybe even an on campus job. It begins to get overwhelming and difficult when you pile to much onto your plane. Learn to balance these three things by making choices that don't seem like much fun but will benefit you in the long run.

Focus more on what I wanted to do when I got to college. I didn't have an immediate career goal when I entered college so if I were to go back to college I would want to have a better set of goals for achieving my career aspirations.

When I was a high school senior, I had my eyes set on a school in California. I knew that my parents could not afford to send me to a different state. Even the school I was accepted to and had my sights set on, which was in California, was too expensive. If I could go back and tell just one thing to myself as a high school senior, it would be to find any scholarships that I could and apply for them. The only reason I was unable to attend a great four-year university is because of my inability to pay for my education. Now that I have done much more extensive research into colleges, I have decided to attend college in North Carolina. I have been working and going to school full time so that I can try and save for college, but it doesn’t seem to be enough. All I want is to have to the ability to go to school without worrying about how much it’s going to cost. I wish I could have told myself to find and apply for more scholarships when I was in high school.

Deborah

Study harder, learn as much as you can about writng academic-level papers, pick tough classes whenever possible to prepare you for college courses. Enjoy your senior year as much as possible, because when you get to college, it's time to stop playing at education an dbe focused and serious about getting good grades and learning things that will help you get ahead in your search for the right job and your place in society.

Carmisha

Carmisha listen to me very carefully: college is not easy and it is going to take hard word and dedication. If you just stay focused and ask questions when needed and put forth the effort you will be an awesome success. I will always believe in you.

Audrey

I would advice myself to learn to be patient. in college patience is a virture that turns out to be a valuable tool. one should be patient with themselves and everyone around them. time management is another thing to consider, try to prioritize my work and that will prevent me from procrastinating until the last minute.

Jeanetha

I grew up in the backwoods of Georgia on a farm where I frequently daydreamed about things within the limited sphere of what I knew. I looked forward to growing up and leaving the farm, but did not have a specific plan for college. Now, after experiencing college and life in general, I would say to my high school self: Get your head out of the clouds and think forward into the real world. The world is waiting for you to make your impact. Life is not as long as you think, so you really have only a short time to make a difference. Therefore, plan, pray, and progress toward your intended goals. Ask God to guide you. Read more and learn about different cultures. Keep a journal, check your progress along the way, and stay on track. Be confident and realize your value as an intelligent human being. Study more and do not sweat the small stuff. Choose challenging classes to prepare for college. Go straight to college after high school and get involved in activities that help underprivileged youth. After college, go straight to graduate school. Focus on helping people and building community, dispelling racism, classism, and ageism.

Meredith

I entered my freshman year a socially awkeward 20 year old. Due to a chronic health condition, I didn't get the chance to enter college right out of high school. I wanted to connect with all of those bubbly freshmen girls, but the task seemed beyond me. After a few attempts I stopped trying. I reasoned that I would have my entire life to make friends, but now was the time to focus on my studies. I kept to myself, missed out on events and clubs because I told myself that there wasn't any point to it. Isolated, I began to feel depressed and my grades started to fall. I couldn't get motivated. Was this it even worth it? With the help of an amazing friend I started to emerge from my shell. He helped me see that grades were only a small part of what my college experience could be. My goal changed from having the perfect GPA to doing my best to following my passions and growing as a person. To my highschool self, I would impart just a small piece of bumpersticker wisdom: Always strive to be the best you can be.

Erik

I would tell myself to take a year off and travel. As amazing of and experience college has been for me i wish i had experienced something else befor i went.

Gregory

First I would say to apply myself more because school is expensive and an education can only go as far as you want it too. What you put into is what you get out of it. No one will hold your hand to make sure you are doing your work to the best of your ability. I would also tell myself to participate in more extra curricular activiest outside of sports. I would also tell myself to participate in as many internships as possible. The way the job market is today hands on experience such as an internship is just as valuable and sometimes even more valuable than recieving an education in the classroom. I would tell myself to branch out and meet more students outside of athletics. I would defiantly tell myself to be more consious on how I am spending my money while at school because books, food, and activies outside of school can put a big dent in the wallet. Lastly I would tell myself to enjoy the experience and live it to the fullest because this is a once and a life time opportunity that will impact the rest of your life.

The advice I would give myself would be to be patient about my decision making. Senior year only comes once in high school and its not about speeding through the whole process. I feel that it is really about narrowing down the options through questions and obviously talking about this process with a school counselor, a mother or father, or even a good friend. Ultimately the decision comes down to YOU as a student, but the process should really be evaluated in order for the best results to come through. Lastly, if it feels right..... Just Go with IT.

There have been loads of lost opportunities for me to talk to new people because of shyness. I discovered you can't expect the world to open up to you if you don't open up to it. Surprisingly, people I've conversated with turned out to be interesting, smart, helpful, and inspiring individuals who've impacted my life. Try living in the dorms for a semester if possible. Looking at my high school classmates' photos of their dorms is regretful because it would have made socializing easier. Also, don't focus on grades as much as learning, understanding, and enjoying the material. Some subjects are dry as a bone but necessary nonetheless. Don't think of school as work but an educational experience. It's more satisfying to get a B and had learned something rather than with an A and nothing but memorized notes. Make the best of your time and have fun. College is where you discover your strengths and weaknesses, where you make new friends and lose some, where you don't have to be afraid to talk to others or speak your mind. Overall high school self, "just go with it."

If only I knew in high school what I know now! I would give myself some good advice in order to make the college transition easier. First, I would tell myself to relax and enjoy my Senior year of high school because life will never be as simple again. Next I would give myself the following advise: Never allow yourself to become over-whelmed because assignments are never as complicated as they first appear. When you become anxious you only make things harder for yourself. Remain calm and don't procrastinate. Focus on the task at hand and break it into smaller parts and goals. Work on one part at a time and complete it before moving on to the next goal. Before you know it, the project/assignment will be finished and you will feel quite proud of yourself for completing the task in a timely manner. As your first year progresses you will gain more confidence and academic life will become easier. My final piece of advice is to balance your time. Do not allow your studies to consume your entire life. Leisure time is also important, so schedule some free time each day.

I would tell myself to focus on the right things to help my future . In high school I focused on Football and Girls and did just enough to get by when it came to classes . If I would have had a clear path I could have taken classes with college credits and got my GPA high enough to get in to a good college and got into the Program that could have had a greater impact on my life. Looking back High school should be a stepping stone to ensure you live up to your potental and not to goof around and go just because you have to.

Colleen

Any choice you make now will have a major impact on your future. Getting a college education now gives you a head start on any career choices you make and gives you an added advantage with any job you apply for. It allows you flexibility in your future career choices. “Birds of a feather, flock together” means that going to college exposes you to other like-minded individuals that want to grow and improve themselves and advance as responsible and productive members of society. Going to college before the responsibility of being a spouse or parent is much easier and you more to offer or contribute to your spouse or children when they come along. It is much easier to continue your education with the momentum you have now than to start later because “an object in motion tends to stay in motion and an object at rest tends to stay at rest”. Once you have gone out into the world and start working a full time job, it becomes extremely difficult although not impossible, to incorporate a college schedule into your adult life. You don’t have to experience a tough or difficult life to appreciate the good life.

Mindy

Coming to college, you are introduced to an entirely new world. At college, you’re no longer watched over by your parents 24/7, you aren’t surrounded by your close-knit group of friends, and you’re put into compromising situations. No matter how much college pushes you outside your comfort zone, it’s important to stay true to yourself. No matter how corny and clique that may sound, staying true to yourself and not giving up your morals is what will keep you genuine.

Dear High School Self, Everyone tells you that you have years to decide what you want your major to be and what you want to do with your life, but the future is a lot closer than it seems. It may seem far away but time flies and if you don’t make adequate preparations for college you may find yourself lost and confused. The transition to college isn’t very hard, but the ominous lurking of the real world creeping up can send shivers down your spine. In high school you don’t get to pick all your classes and try new things, but in college you can. The only draw back is that there are innumerable options. Find something you love and go with it because being stuck in a major you hate can make your college experience miserable. Don’t let senioritis get the best of you, make an effort to look through your schools course catalog and go a step further by researching possible majors and future career options. Push yourself to be the best you can be because this is your future.

If I had the chance to tell myself any advice for college it would be to read about the world around me. Know a little bit about everything, because even though I had not traveled the world extensively I could know about what was going on.

Everyone is attending college either to further thier education, to achieve higher advancement in the work place or to play a sport. There are numerous reasons. Living in today's society to recieve and maintain a decent job people need to have some sort of college education. Being able to go back in time and talk to myself when I was a senior there are a number of things I would say. High school could acutally prepare yourself if you actaully put your mind to it. There were resources at my disposal but were not used effiecently by myself. Trying to look into taking college courses at a nearby college that could transfer to the college or university I would be attending would have been helpful. Motivation is the key to being successful I feel. Looking at a career path that best suits you and what would make you happy in the long-term side of things could only help you more. Telling my "high school senior self" these things would really have pushed me to be ahead of what I have already started while attending college.

Donnetta

College isn't what you think its like. Your free to take whatever classes you want but you need to remember that their no longer free, you pay for them now. My best advice to give you is to always pay attention in class and push yourself to do more than the expected. Take classes that will help you in your chosen career field rather than the easy "A" course. Remember to take your class projects seriously and put in the work you need in order to come out learning something. Majority of college courses are lecture based and this will require you to come to class prepared to listen. So practice now! Grab some paper and take notes. Teach yourself to focus on the important facts and ways to write it all down quickly while your teacher is still speaking. Create a professional relationship with your teachers, you'll never know when you might just need their help on a future project. Always, and I do say always, stay on track with your school work and never fall behind. Make this a habit now and transitioning to college won't be to difficult. Your career path has just started!

Nigel

Dear myself, You have attended enough graduation ceremonies to know that the people who deliver speeches at those things generally have two things to say. The first is an obvious piece of advice and doesn't even really need saying: "go forth into the world and prosper". It is the second that you probably paid more attention to: "The secret to success is to be true to oneself. As time goes on you must remember to do things your way and to carry yourself as you deem appropriate". Being true to oneself is fine, and probably conducive to mental health. But ultimately it is not an adivsable conduit for personal success. The world is constructed with rigidity, and no matter how flowery our personalities might be, the reality is the world does not bend for us, we bend for it. So as you enter college, have fun! Go to parties and make stupid decisions. But

The most important thing to remember is no matter what situation you are given in life, it is best to think positively. Out of every life experience derives a lesson despite the struggle it might have taken you to understand it. Stay focused on what you do best, and that is working with children. Take in every experience in the classroom of an elementary school as well as in the college classroom sitting behind a desk. Ask any questions that come to mind, because the only stupid question is the one that goes unasked. There will be professors that frustrate you, but you will see that they are the ones you learn the most from. Keep your goals in mind through every struggle; whether it be emotional, relationships, or family issues. There will be hard times in life, but making friends and creating lifelong experiences that you tell your children before they go to college will be the ones you will always cherish. Lastly, always keep smiling. Even during a bad day, take the time to realize that you have worked hard to get where you are and you are going to show everybody that you can do this.

Don't be afraid. Work hard and be willing to leave your comfert zone, you can always run back to it if you need to. Remember that you picked this college for a reason and don't give up on it. Most importantly save your money, and don't live off of cup of noodles.

Rikkia

Rikkia, in less than a couple of months you will be a college girl. You won't have mom breathing down your neck making sure you are keeping up with your school work. You will be independent. Being the social butterfly that you are is going to help you make friends in your transition to college, however it will also distract you from doing the work that you should be doing. I suggest that you sit down and make a schedule of everything you have going on, from classes, studying and tutorials to volleyball practices and games. That way you see how much free time you can allow yourself a week and still stay on track with your school work and volleyball. It may be a little hard not being able to be with your friends as much, but in the end it will pay off when you are making good grades and being able to keep your scholarships. I am confident that you can acheive the greatest because when you want something, you do your very best to gain it.

Eleyna

The first year of college has allowed me to gain a lot of valuable experience. Knowing what I know now, I would advise my high school self to expect to not only be friends with freshmen, because the classes are mixed with a variety of different aged students. I also would advise myself to be sure I become familiar with the campus as much as possible and take note of all the different events that they have, in order to meet as many new people as possible. In order to make the transition easier, I would advise myself to attend different types of events, because you are bound to meet different types of people to become friends with. I also would advise myself to be sure that I opened up to teachers and asked for help whenever needed, as well as communicate with my advisor for academic and social help.

If I could talk to my high school self, I would tell her not to be afraid to be herself her first year. I would tell her to stop fretting about blending into the background and staying invisible, to do things that interested her and to not be scare to branch out. To ask for help when she needed it and to not be ashamed of needing it. I would add that being great roommates is sometimes better than being good friends, and that it might take a few tries before she finds one that she can stand. College is not easy; it is a lot of hard work, but I would remind her to try to relax for a moment or two. That getting a B on a paper is not the end of her world. I would finish by telling her how amazing college is and by asking her not to worry about her major or about what career she could possibly get with that. I would remind her to study hard and then I would tell her to have fun, to enjoy it. Because this is the beginning of the greatest friendships and successes she will have.

Sharell

The college environment and experience will be exactly what you make it. Maintaining a positve attitude about learning, schoolwork, and being in a new environment makes all the difference. Setting goals and staying focused is important as well. Learning to properly balance the social aspect of college, school work, and family is challenging. However, time management is detrimental to your overall expereince. Try not to fall behind on your assignments, ask for help if you need it, and stay in contact with your academic advisor. College is a lot different from high school, the responsiblity is greater. Finally, the most important factor is to believe in yourself. Confidence in knowing that you can do anything and have the resources available to do so is key! You will get out what you put in. Although college life is different from high school, it is important to know that all you need to succeed lies within!

Stop panicing, stop fretting over everything-- you will graduate and you will be accepted into college. Financial advisors will help you with the money troubles: the college much rather set up a payment plan than lose a student. Do not cry and get sick over not passing the AP English exam, as wrong as you think the graders were. The English 102 class you take will change your way of thinking for the better and you will not regret it. Do not be afraid to get involved in clubs and meet people-- they too will be uplifting. The classes will not be easy, but do not slack on them. Yes, you can do minimal work and still make a B, but do push yourself for those A's-- the scholarship requires only a 3.0, but making the dean's list is exciting and worth the work. You will enjoy the research papers and journal finders. Continue studying in French and know there are more classes that satisfy the biology requirement (like baking!) that do not require you to disect animals. Calm down and enjoy the experience. Accept the trials and learn from them, but do not panic.

Sandra

College is not impossible and there are many ways to pay for school without burdening your family. The college offers many ways to help ease into college life and offers transition courses. The class sizes are small, which enables you to interact more with other students and your professors. Education does not come easy and you must be willing to apply yourself and be open to learning. College is not just for partying and being free from adult supervision, it is an opportunity to expand and build your horizons. It helps you to question things that go on around you instead of just going along with the general concensus. College expands your ability to reasearch and locate different sources of information on a wide variety of topics. It teaches you to focus more and be open to different styles of learning. But most importantly it teaches you that you are capable of doing anything you want to do in life and shows you many different avenues for obtaining your goals. It also teaches you to believe in yourself, causes you to gain self-confidence and gives you the tools you need to work toward a future filled with unlimited possibilities.

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to not allow high school relationships dictate the decision to attend college or not. Now that I finally made the decision to go back, I would tell my high school self to study more and develop stronger studying skills.

When you go to college, leave home with one objective in mind: To Become More. Guilford College will give you all of the tools you need to explore, create, and learn. They'll open your eyes to various perspectives and ideologies, give you opportunities to research and write about real-world issues, and allot you the freedom to solve those problems in innovative and thoughtful ways. You will soon find that college is the perfect environment to discover things about yourself that you admire and will want to fine tune, as well as flaws that you may want to improve upon. It is at college that you will grow into a strong, intelligent, caring woman, capable of accomplishing great things and helping to improve the lives of many. But it is now, right at this moment, in the final stretch of your high school career, that you must look in the mirror as ask who it is you want to be. There is no moment like the present. Your journey to "Become More" begins with you. Today. I hope you enjoy every minute and never cease to explore.

The first thing I would say is that it is very important that you don't loose your focus and that you realize the choices you make today effect your life tomorrow. I think it's easy to get caught up in the fun of college and being on your own away from home. It's ok to have fun and enjoy college as long as you realize the real reason you're there which is to get an education. It is also very important to do well in your classes by studying hard and applying yourself so that you can have a high GPA. When your grades are high then that opens the doors for opportunities and scholorships that you wouldn't have without the good grades. It's not just about good grades because you have to apply yourself and the knowledge you're learning as well. Learn to think for yourself and learn how to form educated opinions about issues rather than memorizing or saying what someone else thinks about things. And last but not least I would say don't miss opportuities and don't burn your bridges for you do not know what tomorrow holds.

Natasha

If i could go back and advise myself I would tell myself to be encouraged and dont give up. College is is a great experience and a opprotunity to learn new things, new people, and grow as and individual. You have to stay focused and remember that it is ok to have fun but make sure you can balance that with the your work load. Be open to new ideas, be mindful that everyone is different and respect the diversity. You can do anything you want to if you put your mind to it.

Jazmune

Assuming if i go back in time to my senior year of high school there are a lists of things i would tell myself about college life. First i would tell myself that while i am still in High school i should take more activities that would benefit me in college. Then i would tell myself to contiue to work on writing essays and to understand all the fundamentals to writing. I would also say become more athletic so i could join a sport team in college. In high school i was to myself and didnt like to hang out and get to know alot of people so in college i would want to become more and get involved in more activites. I would also tell myself to work hard and dont give up on my dreams, and to not become discourage if a class is too hard and ask for help if i need it. i would also help others as much as i can to achieve their goals as well as volunteering my time to others. I would also tell myself to ask for help if i dont understand something there is no same in asking for help.

Ali, now is not the time to relax; college isn't what you think. You will have to work four times as hard and you definitely need to learn how to manage your priorities and time. Also, spending time with friends and your boyfriend shouldn't consume your life. You need to focus on keeping your grades up, try to get a steady job, and learn to open yourself up to meeting new people. Try to make the best of this experience you're about to have and get involved! Do your best, but have fun and be positive!

First off, enjoy the moment. Take the whole school experience in and take advantage of everything you can. Work hard for that degree and appreciate the degree as much as the effort it takes to get it. Do not take anything for granted. Work hard EVERYDAY. Makee new friends and have new experiences. Be yourself.

Michael, college is going to be a very difficult transition and one which will humble you greatly. Do not seek to satisfy people or make decisions that you would not want to share with everyone. The college you are attending will feel as the wrong choice for the reasons you are going. Baseball will not work out as you hope it will; the girls and parties are not what you envisioned, you are no longer cool and loved by most of the people you see on a daily basis, the work load is incredible, and most people have a different opinion as to how we all should live, professors included. However, attending this college is the best decision you could have made. You will make it through hard times and learn what you are capable of; you will meet great people on and off campus. Most importantly, you will learn to live for Jesus Christ. You will understand what this relationship you have means and find others that feel the same way. You will learn how to interact with others and mature greatly. While the times are going to be tough, you will not regret this decision. Good Luck! -Mike

My advice would be to do what I thought I would enjoy the most than trying to follow in the footsteps of my family and to not care what my family's decision for me was and just go for what I want to do.

I would advise myself to be as open and honest about who I am as possible. Don't worry about whether or not you're doing what's "cool", its so important that you are who you are. People will see you being honest, and you'll find the right people in the end. Also keep your room as clean as possible, and don't piss off the roommate too much. You're not going to be in the ideal situation, and its important that you learn to compromise and listen to what the other perosn is trying to tell you.

Dasha

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself that I needed to get more serious about studying more in order to improve my grades and GPA so that I could get in to a good school. I would encourage being more prominent in the student body and a leader. Also, I would advise myself that it would be much easier to go on to college immediately following high school, rather than waiting several years to finally decide to do so. This could be financially beneficial to me through the years, since this education would already be under my belt. I would tell myself that I shouldn't worry about paying for college, that I could get loans for most of the cost if necessary and that I could pay them back over a long period of time. I would also encourage applying for scholarships in order to pay for part or all of my college tuition costs. Finally, I would tell myself to enjoy my time in high school because it's actually one of the best times of life and something to cherish.

I would definitely give more attention to finding/applying to colleges with smaller class sizes since I didn’t give that much attention the first time but I found the benefits of it since I've been attending Guilford College. I Also saw the importance of diversity and the community that the college tries to build which would go as a second category into my selection process in addition to the excellent level of education provided.

Being done with my first year, I would tell myself the importance of preparation for anything that involves effort. I am stuck now owing money to college, not doing as well as I could be in school and behind in my cross country preparation. While most of these things aren’t too bad to turn around, I find it hard to keep up with the fast flow of life. I wish that I had been able get more scholarships, teach myself to study in high school where it was easier and learn how to make more time for the things I love. I feel as if preparation is an important part of life that I haven’t fully grasped yet but this miniature crisis has helped me to find my way into developing a sense of prior preparation prevents poor performance. This will help me out in all aspects of my college career and it will continue into the rest of my life and create a trait that enables me to better myself once in the real world.

JodieAnn

Jodie, you are powerful beyond measure. If you truly want to be successful you need to invest in your future and don't be afraid to take chances; feel confident in those chances. Apply for every scholarship and program that is provided for students; it is there for you. College will not be a breeze and you should use this time to take care of yourself . Sometimes it's okay to say no if you feel stretched beyond limits. I know that theres a place inside of you filled with worries and waiting to regret the point where you have given up on your dreams; however, it will not happen because there will be people at Guilford to support you. If at any time you don't feel suppoted, create it. Each load you have been carrying has not seized to put you to rest; therefore, all the loads you decide to take on will never be too much. I know that you have your whole life planned, but there is no roadmap for this journey. Travel slow and take deep breaths every step of the way, until you reach that dream you have set forth.

Kendra

I would be more determined in making decisions to propel me to where I want to be as oppose to where I am currently. Seeing past the forest regardless of how many tress blocked the view. It doesn't take away from the forest still being there, it only opened up more opportunity to explore something new. College should be an experience that not only teaches me how to impact this world but how to impact those that I meant and interact with. I would work harder for myself, to be successful at whatever I chose to do as oppose to trying to living up to others opinions of what I should be. To enjoy life, the good, bad or indifferent and to accept the fact that change is inevitable, but the transition can be life changing.

Go to school and get any degree! Without it, life is an uphill battle and you never reach the top. Do not give out your trust so easily. Look at what a person does in their life not what they say.

Paulette

Stay true to yourself. Understand and be one with your morals and beliefs, because it is inevitable that you will be given the option to stray from them. With the variety of people with whom you will mesh, you will be introduced to many situations that you may have never even imagined. Embrace new ideas and new people. Allow your peers to influence, but not run, your life. If you stay true to your morals, you will grow into the person you are. Take chances. Choose your friends wisely, however. You will be associated with the actions of your group of friends whether or not you were a part of it (good or bad); guilty by association. Take time to volunteer and give back to your community. Be conscious of the tasks you take on - stay focused on your goal and don't allow a volume of activities bog you down. When you're sad, confused or upset, express this. May it be a professional or friend, internal struggles will hinder your ability to learn and grow as an individual. Always remember that people grow through their struggles. Everything happens for a reason. Smile and allow yourself to make mistakes!

Andre

Dont bite off more than you can chew when going to college. I like to do a lot of things and be very involved with extra activities on campus but at Guilford College the school work is very demanding and can easily pile up on you if you are not careful. The harder you work in the classroom, the more financial aid and grant money you will recieve yearly.