Guilford College

« See more reviews of Guilford College

I believe I came to Guilford well prepared. I understood it is a writing intensive institution and I embraced this from the beginning, writing being one of my better areas. I do wish I had more of a grasp on my options outside of the classroom as far as departmental involvement, however, including volunteer opportunities in the area such as Special Olympics, animal shelters, tutoring, etc.

I wish I knew about the writing workload that professors regularly put on students immediately as a first-year. Additionally, I wish I knew how personal classtime would be between students and the professors. I also wish I had a better idea of Quakerism and the liberal values that comes along with this religion that shapes that school's character and foundation.

A lot of times, students are unaware that Guilford College is a liberal arts school, which means there are several requirements you must fill other than the requirements solely for your major. I wish I had more knowledge on exactly what the general requirements were and also what score for specific AP tests were accepted to receieve the credit for that course.

I wish I had known that you don't have to take chemistry before you can study physics. Otherwise, I think anyone can do well, no matter what you already know or what you don't know. - Provided you don't mind writing. So, I suppose it would have helped to know more ways to write a paper, i.e. APA, MLA, etc...

Before attending Guilford, I wish I would have known more about the school, in general. I didn't know that it was a Quaker school or that it would cost so much to go there. I wish I would have known more about scholarship opportunities from the school and gotten a better look at the campus.

I wish I would have known how liberal the school was. I knew that it was a liberal school, but was unaware of just how liberal it actually was. I am a pretty conservative person concerning politics, religion, and morals/values, which actually makes me somewhat of a minority on campus!

I wish I had known that it would be so difficult to get the last couple thousand dollars for financial aid due to state education cuts! I do wish it was a bit more exciting but I guess you have to actually be really engaged in campus activities to have some fun at Guilford.

I wish I would have sat down with someone before entering the school to discuss more about financial aid. Going to a private school has taken a lot of money out of myself and families pocket. I will be in debt for another fourty years.

I wish I would have started earlier! I am a nontraditional student and waited until I was almost 30 to start college. I now have 3 children and can say that you must put aside plenty of work/study time so that you can do your best.

The atmosphere is currently sliding from a triditional liberal arts college, to having an intense athletic disposition, which may be compromising the school's integrity.