Guilford College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Guilford College

Desmond

Guilford College is perfect if you're looking for small and easy access to your professors. Guilford isn't really known for parties. Most parties happen off campus and the food here isn't good either, but Guilford College is in a great location of Greensboro and is surrounded by a lot of things.

Wynter

I’ve been to Guilford College once and needless to say that the Quaker Community is quite lively for those with an ambiverted personality. The administration is friendly and open to new ideas along with doing what they can to help their students. Despite their pricey tuition , they offer opportunities for families and upcoming students with extensive amounts of financial aid that’s provided by the school itself.

Jamie

Guilford College has definitely become my home away from home. Don't get me wrong, its tough, but I appreciate it a lot! I also really appreciate the class size, this allows me to get close with the professor. Food definitely could be better, but other than that, I love this place <3.

Mei

It's a great college altogether. Small campus and class sizes. Professors are very personable and they care if you succeed. Freshman year was really hard for me socially but coming back sophomore year was the best decision ever. Everyone is very friendly and the campus welcomes anyone from any background. LGBTQIA friendly. Many clubs to join but no Greek Life. Everyone on campus will know your name, even the dining hall staff. Quaker school but many of us are not Quaker. When finals roll around, the staff is very kind about the stress the students go through. We are about to start the Guilford Edge so we will be switching from semesters to trimesters. The students are very unhappy about that. Many have transferred out or will be transferring out due to the Edge. Not a school if you want to be successful in sports. Another reason many freshman athletes left after their first year. Perfect school if you want to feel at home and cozy.

Matthew

Guilford College is a place where students are encouraged to get involved and are given the opportunities to help them succeed in all that they do. Relationships with all of the faculty and staff members help provide a safe environment in which students are able to feel comfortable. Active encouragement from peers helps to create a spirit for trying new things. Competitiveness in the classroom and playing field is beneficial for creating a great place to grow and succeed. Overall, Guilford is great place to call home.

Wanya

I hate it. It's not for me. I'm only here because of football. And that's not even good either. I should have gone to community college and gone to my dream college. The school does not have enough degrees available. I smell weed everyday walking in my dorm. People steal a lot. I don't like the people here. I wish I could leave.

Tara

I genuinely love it! Everyone is so passionate about social justice and community service. There is always art and intellectual conversations happening. There are parties on weekends but never any pressure to drink or smoke. Its a beautiful campus with amazing and diverse students.

Yasmeen

Guilford College is an amazing college for people who want to be more than just a student number. Guilford has given me the opportunity to broaden my horizons and be more open-minded. In my first semester alone I have grown so much both personally and academically. The Guilford community is very welcoming and supportive, we pride ourselves on having an all-inclusive campus. I have been exposed to many different people and lifestyles. While I cannot say everyone agrees with everyone all the time I can say the environment welcomes intellectual and deep conversation among all people. Guilford has a way of bringing out the best in everyone and I am so grateful to be a Guilfordian!

Reginald

Guilford College is a very unique and diversity filled campus. Though it is a smaller school, it is practically in the center of Greensboro, NC and there is so much to do outside of campus. The academics here at Guilford are extremely challenging. However, the professors and advisers here are always willing to give you extra help and truly care about your success both short term and long.

Ben

Guilford is a very small private school, but is a great college nonetheless. A lot of the school’s population are athletes, so being an athlete myself made me fit right in! Even if you are not an athlete, every single person on the campus is very loving and excepting. The campus itself is very beautiful and houses very historic sights. Classroom size has to be my favorite thing about this school though. You will not find a class with over 25-30 people. This allows the opportunity for individualized learning and great relationships with the professors. The school is on the more expensive side, but I honestly would trade my experiences for any amount of money!

Addis

I think that Guilford College is an amazing place to be! They feel strongly about there students succeeding in life. That's why I love it so much. I'm a freshman here at Guilford and I struggled a lot my first semester. With the professors, mentors, and students being so helpful I would have struggled worse than I did. This school is very helpful with everything, this is an amazing place to be . If you every decided to be a student - athlete you would never feel like you can never get your work done because the coaches and your teammates will always make sure that your work gets done first and you're performing well in the classroom before on the fields or on the court. This will be an exciting thing for you to experience.

I chose to attend Guilford after previously attending a tiny (<100 students) liberal arts college right out of high school, a 5 year break, then attending a community college for two years. I enrolled through the CCE program, which I hear they are slowly phasing out. I think that is unfortunate, as I absolutely loved the program. My professors were wonderful and helped me get to graduate school. My classes were never larger than 20 students (most were under 10) so they always engaging.

Eleanor

The professors are great! Administration is total crap. The administration; The President, her Chief of Staff, and the Dean (who by the way is married to the Chief of Staff) run the whole ship. It is a joke. All three are totally inexperienced and hide in their offices. Nothing ever gets done. Everybody who is good and knows how to do things well quits and the only people who are still hanging on, are either trapped or hoping to move up the ladder. It’s ridiculous and juvenile . Totally unprofessional and inexperienced. New people need to wait until this place cleans out. These people are not safe.