Jamestown, NC
Guilford Technical Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Guilford Technical Community College

Jeannette

I love gtcc, i am adult learner and was struggle about a year ago or longer, whether i wanted to go back to school, but i decided that I needed to better my life. So in Jan. 2016 i join GTCC and become a student, I love the professor and also love that i take all my classes online, so it gives me the time to work Full Time.

Robert

I have been really pleased with the ease I was able to assimilate into being a successful student. I also have enjoyed nearly all the instructors I have interacted with. The classes have really taught me more than I expected when I enrolled. I love what I am learning, how I am learning it, and wish I had done it sooner.

Nick

Overall, GTCC is about what you'd expect from a Community College. Academically it definitely isn't up to par with 4-year colleges, but that's not what it's meant for. It serves a purpose and people know that. In that sense, it's a great choice because you can take classes for a lot cheaper than at a 4-year university. However, aside from the professors, the staff comes off as very apathetic. Office personnel are often cold in tone and aren't always capable of doing their job. It feels like you're really on your own and can't really get any help or information from the staff that you didn't already know.

James

When I first came to GTCC I was underwhelmed to say the least. Fresh out of high school, without knowing what I wanted to do, I felt envious of all my friends who had went off to universities. The student body consisted of many non-traditional students and I honestly felt a little bummed out. However after I settled in I had met many other students who were having a similar experience who have since become friends and acquaintances. I also settled on a major (Electrical Engineering) after about a year of taking general classes. Perhaps most importantly, I realized just how much money I was saving by earning a two year degree before transferring to a university. Overall I would say that I am happy I have attended GTCC, even if it isn't as exciting as attending a university.

Andrea

Guilford Technical Community College is a great school. The admission is cheap and not selective but, if you are willing to apply yourself you can still get a first class education. Their facilities are amazing if you just take the time to use them and because of their size they have things on campus that four year universities can only dream of. Free lectures by world renowned scientists, meet and greets with famous authors, even the occasional political speech can be found here if you pay attention. That is not to mention the huge library, seemingly endless labs, and a telescope that would make most educational facilities jealous.

Joshua

It is a great place to learn, very welcoming!

It is a great place to learn, very welcoming!

Francis

Being independant isn't all it's cracked up to be. Although I know everyone has told you "to grow up and be mature", what they truly mean is that you should be obdiant to your parents. Why the people that tell you that can't just be straight forward about it? Well, they are trying to tell you things in the nicest way possible, not because they are liars or hypocrites, but because they care about you and really they're giving you a sample of what they expect from you. Please don't rush into moving out of your parents home. Your dad may seem like the dark knight and cause a sensation of lost hope for fun and freedom, but fun doesn't pay the bills in the future and freedom isn't free. Don't work so hard either. You're going to wear yourself out before you're 30! Trust me, when you have a child you'll have to work plenty even work triple hard before the days end. You know those friends of yours that don't make A's like you do? Yeah, you probably shouldn't spend much time with them.

The flexibility is definitely a plus. Don't get me wrong though, online classes aren't for everyone, but the moodle site that GTCC uses is feasible to use and each teach can customize and edit in their own personal style. That helps me quite a lot so as to not confuse any class. I also love the in-person classes although they do fill up quickly so my suggestion, as always is to plan ahead so that you stay on top of the game. They also offer the on-campus book store with competitive pricing and accept financial aid.

If I had known all of the help and resources that GTCC offers for the success of their students, I would have started going years ago! I've had the tremoundous pleasure of having outstanding teacher whom are passionate in the areas which they teach. It is not only the knowledge that makes someone that much more awesome, but the imagination and the energy that they invest in making sure their students comprehend is one-of-a-kind. I almost don't want to ever stop going to school thanks to great teachers.

Carl

STUDY,STUDY,STUDY!!! It's alot harder and sometimes easier than what it looks,but you will lose lots of your free time.

A down side to Guilford Tech Community College is that not all that close to any Cities, So unless you have your own car you're going to have a tough time going and comming from college.

The type perrson that should enter this school, should be a student looking for either a hands on or, a traditional class enviroment. Even for those who had dropped out of High School can get another chance at Guilford Technical Community College.So if there is a person looking for a place of second Chances and bright futures Guilford Technical Community College is the place.

Katelyn

I think the best thing about this school is the different dynamics of people there. There are people from every type of background you can imagine, and it is great to get to meet people that I otherwise never could have. If I could change one thing, it would probably be to help people who just do not care about school to start caring. There are many really intelligent people there that just do not try at all, and the result is failing classes, and ultimately not graduating. I really like the size of the school. It is big enough that I can meet new people every day, however, it is not so big that I would never see the same person twice. I feel like people look down on me as a community college student if they have never attended one themselves, because many people are preconceived notions about community colleges. I spend most of my time in the library, since I do not live on campus I always just head to the library during any of my breaks. What's college town? I have great respect for this school's administration. I have never had any problems with them, and I think they handle all of the different students very well. I have no idea what the biggest recent controversy was. I know the power went out a few times last semester, so we had to keep evacuating buildings, but I'm not sure that is very controversial. There is a good amount of school pride. Every day I see people wearing GTCC t-shirts, hats, and sweatshirts. The bookstore offers a wide variety of apparel for a GTCC student to choose from. I wouldn't say there is anything unusual about this school; however I have not been to several different colleges to compare it with. I will always remember a few different professors I have had over the years, and how kind and supportive they have been towards me. Probably the most frequent student complaint is the same thing every student complains about...homework!

I think, that the views of people attending community colleges are not accurate. People assume that I, and many others, are there solely because their grades would not allow us to go straight into a university. But that is highly unaccurate. The reason I have choosen to get my associates degree at a community college is due to the fact I am lacking the funds needed to go straight into a university. I will, however, be graduating from GTCC this May and transferring to the University of North Carolina at Greensboro.

Guilford Technical Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.