Guilford Technical Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Guilford Technical Community College

Joy

Guilford Technical Community College is not like any college I have attended before. I really enjoy being a student at this school. My instructors have been very warm and inviting. Due to past schools and instructors it is very important for me to feel that I can approach my instructors when I have a question or need additional instructions. I have had a wonderful experience thus far, beginning with application to registration of my classes I have kept a smile. I encourage as many people as I can to continue their education. Even if you do not know which path to take, just get started and GTCC is the right place to do it.

Joshua

It is a great place to learn, very welcoming!

Robert

I have been really pleased with the ease I was able to assimilate into being a successful student. I also have enjoyed nearly all the instructors I have interacted with. The classes have really taught me more than I expected when I enrolled. I love what I am learning, how I am learning it, and wish I had done it sooner.

Nick

Guilford College is a very good school. I am currently attending the aviation campus. The aviation campus is excellent, I have learned a lot so far and the staff are committed to helping the students learn. I believe that going to the aviation campus at GTCC is going to give me more job opportunity in the future.

Mackenzie

It’s ok, classes offered are good and most instructors are readily available. I’ve had great experiences with some of the instructors. I did not have a good experience with the advisors office and that has left a bad taste for me. I was pretty much told I had to figure the classes needed for my transfer out on my own.

Savannah

Good value for the money, but the facilities are a bit out of date, and the graduation rate is really low. I like the online course option but would like more courses to be available online. Parking is a nightmare at the Jamestown Campus, so you need to get to school early to claim your spot.

Peyton

Guilford Technical Community College is a good enviornment in which to meet people from all walks of life. My time at GTCC has exposed me to people who think differently from me. Further, the many instructors who I've had at GTCC have had a profound impact on my life.

Andrea

Guilford Technical Community College is a great school. The admission is cheap and not selective but, if you are willing to apply yourself you can still get a first class education. Their facilities are amazing if you just take the time to use them and because of their size they have things on campus that four year universities can only dream of. Free lectures by world renowned scientists, meet and greets with famous authors, even the occasional political speech can be found here if you pay attention. That is not to mention the huge library, seemingly endless labs, and a telescope that would make most educational facilities jealous.

James

When I first came to GTCC I was underwhelmed to say the least. Fresh out of high school, without knowing what I wanted to do, I felt envious of all my friends who had went off to universities. The student body consisted of many non-traditional students and I honestly felt a little bummed out. However after I settled in I had met many other students who were having a similar experience who have since become friends and acquaintances. I also settled on a major (Electrical Engineering) after about a year of taking general classes. Perhaps most importantly, I realized just how much money I was saving by earning a two year degree before transferring to a university. Overall I would say that I am happy I have attended GTCC, even if it isn't as exciting as attending a university.

Nick

Overall, GTCC is about what you'd expect from a Community College. Academically it definitely isn't up to par with 4-year colleges, but that's not what it's meant for. It serves a purpose and people know that. In that sense, it's a great choice because you can take classes for a lot cheaper than at a 4-year university. However, aside from the professors, the staff comes off as very apathetic. Office personnel are often cold in tone and aren't always capable of doing their job. It feels like you're really on your own and can't really get any help or information from the staff that you didn't already know.

April

I think it is a great community college with a lot of different programs. There are a number to extracurricular activities to choose from. Professors are very helpful and I like the overall feel of the school. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is interested in technical programs or for getting prerequisites out of the way as it is also very affordable.

Cassie

It's very hard to get in contact with anyone. My academic advisor would never answer my emails and I would wait outside her office for hours and she would never show or say she had a meeting. I never got counseled on hot to transfer I've been figuring it out on my own. To get intouch with financial aid or anyone you have to wait for hours, I waited 4 hours the other day. I've had a poor experience

Mariah

This is a great starter school for anyone who is looking for a bridge to a four-year college or university. It is big enough where one can get the experience of a regular campus, but small enough where first-year students would not be overwhelmed. The class sizes are very small and intimate, mostly around 25-30 people. The largest class I have been in was about 60 people. The teachers are very nice, respectable, and funny, of course, there are some that were less so. Overall this is a great campus and one cannot complain about the amount of money you will save attending this two-year college before a regular university.

Jeannette

I love gtcc, i am adult learner and was struggle about a year ago or longer, whether i wanted to go back to school, but i decided that I needed to better my life. So in Jan. 2016 i join GTCC and become a student, I love the professor and also love that i take all my classes online, so it gives me the time to work Full Time.

Jonathan

With a very diverse group of individuals whether they are Adults returning to school to seek higher education or career changes, or a Undergraduate student who wants a much more cheap alternative for school, for the first two years of a bacculerate degree. The campus is located to a group of apartments and a grocery store where students can walk to and fro from the apartment complexes on campus. Ultimately GTCC is a mixture of students but, a group of driven students who want to make an impact in their careers and education in general.

Sandra

I love my school. Being laid off my job of almost 20 years. Being over 50 years old, I was terrified of going back to school. GTCC embraced me, guided me, and helped me to gain the confidence I needed to pursue a degree. GTCC is very personal and on hands. They really go above and beyond to make sure you get the help that you need to succeed. The staff is very friendly, and everyone is welcomed into the family environment. GTCC offers free tutoring for any subject or class that you take so you never feel lost or alone. I have remained on the Dean's list and been accepted as Ambassador to represent GTCC for future students. Facing my fears and going back to school was the best decision I could have made. Not wanting to be in debt and attending this community college was the best decision I ever made.

Maleke

A great place where I could receive support.

I think it is a great school if you are aiming for an associates degree, or want to go ahead and do some easy classes for less money. I have taken classes there for the past two years as a way to get the classes that are less important to me out of the way.

Morgan

I love it! It's a great atmosphere, the instructors are very welcoming, the students are very friendly. Regardless of the fact that it is a community college and it is less expensive than a university, without scholarships it can still be very expensive.

Grace

If you are looking for an affordable college to go to that has good classes and extremely helpful teachers, then Guilford Technical Community College is the place to go. The facilities are clean, the classrooms are accommodating and comfortable, and there is plenty of parking. The teachers are extremely kind, helpful, and willing to go out of their way to make sure you succeed.