Panama City, FL
Gulf Coast State College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Gulf Coast State College

Maddison

I love my college. It's small, but everyone is very nice and friendly. The professors are always willing to help. I do wish there was more variety of class scheduling options as most the classes I am interested in are at the same time. Overall, it's a great place to begin your studies.

Tiana

Gulf coast State college is very much a diamond in the rough. It is a very well-rounded, friendly and motivating environment and I could not be happier to be attending. The advisers and students are extremely helpful. It is almost like an extended family for me. And my professors want nothing but the best for their students. The art, technology, medical and culinary programs are amazingly creative and worth looking into for sure. The school provides great places to study and unwind, amazing food and a lot of open space. You will definitely find beauty in the campus art and the classrooms at well. I love the school and it's amazing staff.

A decent State college to attend. In a nice area and has mostly good professors. Calling and talking to financial aid office is difficult because no one would really try and assist you. I was pretty much told go online and print the form and figure it out yourself.

Chris

It's a very good school to start with straight out of high school, while living with your parents. The student body is always looking out for the other students. There's a gaming room that has video games, bean bags, and a pool table that you can unwind between classes.

Brittney

Over all the school is good and the tech. building has a lot to offer. Housing is a little over priced and there is none super close to school. All in all it is cheap and has some pretty good teachers. No one I know comes here to eat lunch or are in group so I cant really say. Thank You

Alma

I am a freshman, but so far I Love Gulf coast state college! Gulf coast make you feel at home . Staff and students alike are very friendly and helpful. I feel that the Professors really and genuinely take their teaching to heart. If the staff does not have the answer that you are looking for. they will find someone who does. I Love this institution.

casey

Gulf Coast is a well known, successful college that is known for their achievements. They impact the lives of not just young students, but mothers, fathers, elderly people who still have dreams. It is a relaxed atmosphere and the professors go out o their way to help as many individuals as they can. My opinion is one of thousands, but I can certainly say they are postive ones! I sincerely love my college.

Crystal

Gulf Coast is a good school. I would say that kind of person who should not attend is one who is not willing to work hard. The school has plenty of programs and tutors to help if anyone needs it.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that when I first started I had to pay an out of state tuition fee because I had just gotten out of the Navy. It was a huge burden on me financially and it takes a year to become a Florida Resident.

I would have told myself to apply to alot of schools and to study harder for tests. When I finished high school I went into the Navy so I was out of school for 7 years and that made it way harder to get back into the swing of things when I got to Gulf Coast. I would tell myself that if I am going to join the Military that I should be taking classes while I am in. All in all the college I go to is not so much different than going to high school but it is important to be self-motivated. In high school you have teachers to bother you about doing your work. In college it is up to you to be responsible! Now that I have finished my first year of College and I am halfway through my second I know I have what it takes to get a degree. I am so excited for what the future holds.

Mariana

Gulf Coast State College is a nice school that serves the main purpose of educating people very well; it also gives students opportunities of interacting with each other, and developing their creativity skills.

As a high school senior I thought I had a life plan that will never fail: studying hard and disciplining myself. I have learned how to get good grades, to behave, to perfectly do what others told me to do; I was comfortable that way. Ones preparations for college started, I did not know how to find things, where to go, what to do next; I was so lost. Major lack of real-life experiences, and communication skills showed its mark. If I could only talk to my high school senior self, the advice would be to get out of that house, talk to people, leave the comfort zone, gather as much information as possible about every thing that comes to mind, take risks; life is so much more than just home and school. While scholar knowledge is important, knowing how to apply it to life situations holds even greater value. People are the source of all ideas and all answers. College emphasizes the importance of human relationships by putting a person in situations, in which not communicating to others is just impossible; now I see, and feel the results of such experiences. I only wish I realized that earlier.

To me personaly, the scholl lacks discipline. I believe, discipline development is important for a peson's future, especially when one is looking for a job. In some classes, but not all, I've observed students playing on the phone, walking around the class while teacher is lecturing, leaving before the class ends, eating during the class, etc.; and teachers did not respond to that. On my opinion, it is important to learn to follow rules before learning to break them. Overall, discipline can be very helpful in life.

Cameron

Gulf Coast State College is an incredible school for higher learning. All the teachers are friendly and willing to help any student that is ambitious to achieve success. Though that does not mean that the work is a breeze, every student that wants to make the highest grade possible strives to do their best in all of their classes. Gulf Coast has high expectations for all of its students and desires the best for society to say that all are welcome and will recieve the best education from the most qualified teachers.

Cameron, never settle for less, always strive for the best even when it seems pointless. Study every subject, even the one's that don't seem important because the subject should not matter it is all about learning new things. That is what life is about Cameron, learning, seeing, doing all different kinds of things, it is in everyone's blood, it is what makes us human. Do not get caught up in petty drama because it will not matter later, you will have enough time to look for friends and significant others. Always treat your teachers with respect, it will come in handy when applying for jobs. Most importantly, be confident and proud. There is nothing worse than feeling like you could have done better or that your work is not satisfactory to you, because it is you put down on paper, your thoughts are your most precious things that you can offer the world and they deserve to be heard. Do not be afraid of the future because it will come when it's ready.

The worst thing at Gulf Coast is the small parking area, students cannot run late because a few minutes turns into fifteen or thirty.