Gulf Coast State College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Gulf Coast State College

Nilamben

the college provides great opportunity to all the students. in fact they try to encourage students to actively participate in activity. teachers and college staff are always helpful and ready to help to the students in need. college provides help through various groups.

casey

Gulf Coast is a well known, successful college that is known for their achievements. They impact the lives of not just young students, but mothers, fathers, elderly people who still have dreams. It is a relaxed atmosphere and the professors go out o their way to help as many individuals as they can. My opinion is one of thousands, but I can certainly say they are postive ones! I sincerely love my college.

Chris

It's a very good school to start with straight out of high school, while living with your parents. The student body is always looking out for the other students. There's a gaming room that has video games, bean bags, and a pool table that you can unwind between classes.

Tiana

Gulf coast State college is very much a diamond in the rough. It is a very well-rounded, friendly and motivating environment and I could not be happier to be attending. The advisers and students are extremely helpful. It is almost like an extended family for me. And my professors want nothing but the best for their students. The art, technology, medical and culinary programs are amazingly creative and worth looking into for sure. The school provides great places to study and unwind, amazing food and a lot of open space. You will definitely find beauty in the campus art and the classrooms at well. I love the school and it's amazing staff.

Chrystal

Gulf coast is a great school for working students who need flexibility to reach their goals. I have found the financial aid department to be extremely helpful, even when I’m calling them several times before a semester to make sure I have everything completed correctly.

Alma

I am a freshman, but so far I Love Gulf coast state college! Gulf coast make you feel at home . Staff and students alike are very friendly and helpful. I feel that the Professors really and genuinely take their teaching to heart. If the staff does not have the answer that you are looking for. they will find someone who does. I Love this institution.

Brittney

Over all the school is good and the tech. building has a lot to offer. Housing is a little over priced and there is none super close to school. All in all it is cheap and has some pretty good teachers. No one I know comes here to eat lunch or are in group so I cant really say. Thank You

A decent State college to attend. In a nice area and has mostly good professors. Calling and talking to financial aid office is difficult because no one would really try and assist you. I was pretty much told go online and print the form and figure it out yourself.

Maddison

I love my college. It's small, but everyone is very nice and friendly. The professors are always willing to help. I do wish there was more variety of class scheduling options as most the classes I am interested in are at the same time. Overall, it's a great place to begin your studies.

Anastasia

GCSC is the very best. The faculty and professors there are there to help. They make sure the students get the education they need. The school offers more than 150 programs. They have activities for the students and sometimes the community. They are very involved in the students lives and want the very best for us. No matter what problem you face they will be there to support you!

Andrea

I love it!! I am loooking forward to an amazing year at Gulf Coast.

Marian

Overall it’s a good school. The people are friendly and the professors really care about whether or not you succeed. It’s a small campus and classes are easy to find, the buildings are a little out dated, but still nice. They offer many AA degrees and even a few bachelors degrees.

jack

My opinion is that I love Gulf coast I will be attending their cyber security program next year from 2020-2021. The campus is overall a wonder place were you always feel safe. Right next door to Gulf Coast is FSU Panama City. The college has a wonderful view of right on the water.

This campus is a gorgeous, fun, and a worthwhile place to be. Everyone here is friendly and willing to help you find what you are looking for. Students are nicely dressed for our hot state and we keep the smiles big at all times. Our campus is very near the water and part of the campus is on the water!!!

Kaley

I think Gulf Coast is an amazing campus to be a part of. The classes are not too big to be uncomfortable, but they are not too small that you cannot make friends. The professors are overall amazing and very inviting. Administration is also very easy to talk to and work with.

Kimberly

The advisers don't know what they are doing and have put me in the wrong class for my major, tried to prolong my graduation date, and have only sent me to other people in order to find out answers instead of getting them themselves. Most of the professors there are not passionate about what they teach and practically give you a diploma if you put in minimal effort. GCSC does not do a good job communicating within it's own institution and doesn't know how to give the students the information that they need. As far as classes go, they do not have enough professors to teach all of the classes necessary for certain majors. (Comp. Sci, Engineering, Psych.) Since the advisers don't really look at what you have (credit wise) and what you need, you basically have to pick and plan out all of your classes by yourself and hope for the best. If you are looking for a completely independent college experience, this is the place for you. If you need guidance about job opportunities, classes that look good with certain careers, or even obtaining knowledge on how difficult a class may be in order to make an informed decision about how to plan your schedule, go somewhere else.