Gustavus Adolphus College Top Questions

In my opinion, I believe that the relationship amongst the students, faculty and staff is undoubtedly the best thing about Gustavus. We truly feel like we are one big family. This is evident on the very first day of school as upper classmen and staff warmly accept incoming students into the community. We strive to support and help one another to the best of our ability at all times. This strong sense of community is extremely unique to Gustavus.

Mara

The best thing about Gustavus Adolphus College is the feeling of being a part of a community. At larger colleges and universities you may not know even a fourth of your classmates from your year, but here it seems as if every corner that you turn there is someone you know. Adding to this general sense of community among the student population, the professors are equally warm and because the class sizes are so small they know you by name and show genuine concern for each student’s academic progress.

The best part about Gustavus is the sense of family. My professors make the effort to get to know me personally and truly want me to succeed. They have challenged me in the classroom but are always ready and willing to help if I should need it. The other students also contribute to the sense of family. Everyone is very friendly and it is impossible to walk anywhere on campus without seeing someone you know who smiles and says hello. The community is very welcoming and amiable. I don't want to be anywhere other than Gustavus Adolphus.

The people here are the best part of campus. I truly believe that I have met life long friends here. I can't cross campus without passing someone I know or at least recognize and they will always acknowlege you and say hi. People are friendly and polite. They hold doors, say hello, and genuinely care.

The community. It's a smaller campus so you get to see the same faces from day to day. Everyone is super friendly and will smile to you while you walk past them. Even the faculty will start up conversations with you like they are your friends. Actually, most faculty rather be called by their first name's too. We're located in a small town and we thrive on our close knit community. I just love the friendly faces and attitutse here.

S

The best thing about GAC is that it is what you make of it. I can be the best place or the worst place depending on how invested you want to be. If you look hard enough you will find what you are looking for, what you need. I think that GAC allows you to be who you are or find yourself as long as you are not afaird to be that person. In the end it is all up to you.

One of the best things about my school is its student organization activies. There are tons of student activities and students are *very* active in them. They range from private interest groups, to diversity groups, to greek organizations, to community service organizations! Of course, there is always room for expansion and improvement, but the students are very appreciative of what is available. What is best is that the Student Activities Office gives the organizations a lot of sovereignity and the Student Senate (student government organization) distributes all the funds as they see fit, not the administration!

Azra

We have very strong academics to make students well rounded. Our sciences are particularly strong, with the physics department being nationally recognized for its strong curriculum. You are expected to work hard, and it pays off, because you become versatile in fields outside of your major.

Accessibility of professors

My on campus job.

Cydni

The best thing about Gustavus is the community feel. It's a small school with big heart.