Lawrenceville, GA

Nearby Shops and Services

Joel
Not for me

Not for me

Its great for adults with busy lives trying to go back to school but its incredibly dull for students just out of high school. Not very much to do on campus other than classes.

Not really sure. This is my first year.

Not really sure. This is my first year.

I don't know much yet about the college life but I do know alot about what comes next. I can offer you sound advice on why you need to complete college at all costs. I come from a family that no one, so far, has graduated college. My parents did not stress the importance of an education or the impact that the lack of education would have on the rest of my life. No one ever encouraged me to go to college. No one had money to offer assisitance. College was intimidating! I viewed the lives of my family as “good enough” so I did not feel like it was necessary; an easy cop out. Now, I struggle on a regular basis with feelings of inadequacy because of not going to college. Obviously, my finances are a struggle as well. I am constantly reminded that skipping the college step in life was clearly the poorest decision I made socially and economically. When my peers reminisce on their college days, I have nothing to offer to the conversation. It makes me feel rather uncomfortable and again, inadequate. Don't make the same mistake!

I don't think there is a kind of person that shouldn't attend this school. I think any student at any time should attend any available school.

sandra

I am a single mother with two children, one being a newborn. Since the newborn arrived, I have been forced to take my classes online. I have big goals for me and my children; After I obtain my Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, I would like to have my own business. I know in order to make these goals a reality, it will take much studying in school so i can obtain my degree. I understand based on my circumstances, it will take a lot of sacrifices in order to reach my goals. I've been in college for a while now because my first language is Spanish. I've been working on making my English better so I can perform better in college. My parents went through school but they never received a degree. So for my children, I want to be an example to show them how important it is to get a good education, so they can have a successful life.

Randy

Strong java programming curriculum

Strong java programming curriculum

My college experience has taught me that simple participating is not enough. I must excel. I must learn to lead and help others along the way. It's been my experience that it seems like no one wants to step up to the plate. Many people are comfortable being led and lurking in the shadows of life. My attitude is to break out of that comfort zone. To lead the charge toward the goal of excellence and to seek out and encourage other to do the same. We are called for a purpose and that purpose does not include excuses or blaming others for our past struggles and experiences. Everyone makes mistakes but we are people of character and we must rise up from our downfalls, no longer carrying the burden of the past, to confidently and boldly move our lives forward and capture our destiny. We owe this effort to ourselves, our families and our Creator. We not only should accomplish this task before us , we have a responsibility to do so. The future of our country and our world is at stake.

Only those serious about their education.

jessica

Gwinnett Tech is a great school teacher really keep you on your toes.

Gwinnett Tech is a great school teacher really keep you on your toes.

I would tell myself to: ?work harder ?don?t settle for an B or C strive for an A always ?start searching and applying for scholarship ASAP ?engage yourself in activities that would look good on your college application oFor Example Sports Leadership programs AP classes Cheese Band Community Service always looks good ?Don?t focus on one school apply to more than one school ?Starting saving NOW as soon as your old enough to get a job ?Research the school that you?re interested in so you can be fully prepared with your academics ?Charm your teachers you?ll be needing a recommendation

the type of person who should attend this school should like the challenge

Jerrell

Gwinnett Technical College is training to start your career in your desired feild.

First off, I would sit myself down and say ?Jerrell you have to be focused". When you go off to college, your high school friends are not going to be there. It is a new chapter in your life and you will have to sacrifice things in your life. Great opportunities will become available to you and you will want to take advantage of them. New friends, will enter your life so just be yourself and not who you think people want you to be. Always prepare challenge and take pride in your work. Be Headstrong, steadfast and remember the values your mother thought you.

The worst thing about my college now is that we dont have any athletic teams due to us been been a two year technical college school, focusing more on your education.

Keala

My classmates are accepting and loving which creates a wonderful environment to study in.

My school is smaller than most other colleges which makes for a cozy campus allowing an intamate setting and it makes me feel very welcomed. My school is very good with professor and student interaction. My college teaches Bible theology better than most others with a very high repuation for sending out students onto the mission field all over the world to share the gospel.

If I could go back in time when I was in high school to tell myself advice for college, I would tell myself to not worry so much about what other people tell me to do, remember that college is completely different than high school, and to keep focus on why I?m really going to college. It is easy to get caught up in what other people are trying to tell me to do but I have to remember that I am going to college for myself, therefore must go for what I know I want to. The transition from high school to college is different, so one must be prepared and open to how things change. When classes get hard in college, one needs to remember to keep your eye on what the main goal is, to get the degree desired. To not get caught up thinking one class is too hard and get discouraged is key.

Wendy

One of the things that makes Gwinnett Technical College unique from other colleges in the area is that they offer the Degree Registered Nursing Program. Most of the other colleges in the area only offered the LPN Nursing program.

If I had the chance to speak with myself as a high school student I would have plenty of advice to give myself. The first one would be education is everything! Without it you will not get that far in life. Relationships will come later on in life. Concentrate on yourself right now; you are the only thing that is important. I would also advise myself to go to a 4 year college and live on campus. I would advise myself to find a program of study that interest myself but yet could also be linked with others; in case the major study did not work out. And last but not least, keeping myself healthy is very important. If I would have at age 31 I would have had Breast Cancer, health in my high school years and on would have been very important.

The thing I consider to be the worst thing about the college is the parking. However, I know that they have grown so fast they have not been able to keep up with the enrollment vs. the parking situation. But I do see the progress taking place to correct this problem.

Jonathan

If I could go back in time to my senior year and give advice to myself, in regards to what college would be like. I would begin by telling myself that college is not what it is like on TV. College is all about the finding and harnessing of someone?s self determination and drive to succeed in an environment that is nothing like what they have experienced before. It makes a student focus and choose exactly what they want in life, so that they have to fight and strive in order to achieve it. I would also give myself advice in regard to the notion that problems will arise while I?m at school and I have to be the one to take care of these problems because in the real world as well as in college a student cannot always rely on others to fix their problems. However it is true that with most school related problems the faculty and staff can help in the resolution of them. Yet with any advice I would myself the key point I would push through out all others is to have fun in school, and to study what I truly like.

Candice

The unique thing about my school is that they individually prepare each student to succeed.

The advice that I would give myself would be to not be so serious all the time because things do not work out like you planned. I would tell myself it is okay to have a little fun sometimes and being accepted is not only in the application process in school but also, accepting how you feel about yourself and what your goals are in life. Most importantly, I would tell myself that being upset with others about telling you how to make your choices and just follow what is best for you, because you will eventually get what you want how you want it and be happy.

The most frustrating thimg about my school is that the current students are much older than I am. I would like to be able to stay around school without being bothered about relationships because they can not find women their own age. Also, I am frustrated about the school activities because there are barely any to help just have fun.

We use the most current publicly available data. As such, we don't remove or edit college information. Sources for school statistics and data include the U.S. Department of Education's National Center for Education Statistics and the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System. Portions of college data include copyrighted material, which is reproduced on this website by permission of Wintergreen Orchard House, a division of Carnegie Communications. © 2009-2016 by Wintergreen Orchard House. All rights reserved.
Financial aid at this institution is only available for those who qualify.