Lawrenceville, GA
Gwinnett Technical College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Gwinnett Technical College

Tommie

The classmates vary in ages from 17- 20 years that seem to know everything and other classmates range in ages of 25 - 50 that take what they are learning very serious.

Gwinnett Technical College has courses that will prepare you for the job that you will obtain in the real world. It has been over 20 years since I went to college and I believe these courses will enable me to get a full time job in accounting.

I am 42 years old and going back to college. If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would say "don't settle for 2 year degree, go and get your 4 year degree." I would also tell myself to try to get a double major so that I would options if I were to get unemployed. I would also tell myself, "Don't worry about your parents paying for your education, you can handle that yourself." My advice about transistion into college would be that the hard part getting into college is making the decision to go, but don't assume you know everything because you won't. Take one day at a time and try your best and your reward will be the day you will have your degree and no one can take that from you. Go for it.

darcy

agressiveiness- they go after what needs to be done. Parking situation will be taking care of by summer. They are building a better way now.

Self; Knowing what I know now you should have gone to college and stuck with it. You would be in a better place. If you would have followed the plan you would have finished law school and become a great lawyer. Slow down and take your time because it will go by quickly. There are no regrets but time is of the essence and you can do anything. Finish college and get the education you need in order to have a better more successful life.

parking- the paarking lot is not big enough for all the students

Jack

Inquistive and eager to learn how the automoblie runs.

Inquistive and eager to learn how the automoblie runs.

I would tell myself that i should take the extra science class even though is wasn't required. I would say take computer hardware engineering first than automotive technology. Other than that i believe i did well graduated with a dual seal and honor roll. I'm happy about the way i finished my senior year in high school.

Small class size, excellent Program director for Automotive Technologies .

Justin

"Excuse me sir, is your name Justin Duchatellier?" asked the young man. "Who wants to know?" answered the frustrated boy. "I am you in three years, now stop being rude and listen..." "Your near future is being determined by the actions you are making at this moment. First thing first what are your extracurricular activities?" As the younger self attempted to fabricate a lie the older boy interrupted him. "This proves my point. You have few activites outside of work and school, lack motivation, your grades are short of mediocre, and are not people friendly. If you want to succeed in life, listen close." "Start out by volunteering doing something you enjoy! Much help is needed at various locations. Put the game controller down and pick up a book. Nobody wants to work for someone who does not know what they are doing nor employ one. Therefore I suggest you gain work experience in your dream career. Feed your body with healthy foods so your outward image reflects your inner being. Finally, listen more carefully to what your elders have to say. Saying this, I will see you in three years!" Reflecting on this, Justin had something to work for.

The worst thing about the school is the lack of parking spots.

The school's website is lacking in helpful information.

Shakema

I wish I took the time to do more volunteer work and extracurricular activites afterschool. This opens a lot of doors for students not to pursue. I also should've spent more time with a counselor and at the schools career center. I would have made wiser decisions once I graduated.

I have had the chance to go to another community college, Gwinnett Technical College is smaller and most students are returning students/working adults. I would advice a freshman coming straight out of high school to shoot for a state university or community college.

The most frustrating thing about Gwinnett Tehnical College is the limited access programs in Healthcare. This is nationwide. Program directors can only choose so many students per year for their healthcare programs, such as nursing, radiology, surgical tech, and denal assistant.

Eustacia

Well I would tell my self that time wits for no one and before you know it you will be 30 even though that seems like far away. I would say that there is all the time in the world for fun when you are done with school and a good education is like having food to eat , you need it to survive. You must have a plan and a way to acheive it and surround yourself with people who have goals. The feeling of new found independence is great but be careful not to over indulge in partying and freedom as that same freedom can land you living in your parents basement at 30. Be wise, have fun breath, and enjoy every moment even the late night study session, migraines and hard earned C's.

Kimberly

No one feels "different" at my school, because my classmates are a collection of people who vary in every way imaginable, including age, ethnicity, work experience level, financial situation, religious beliefs, political affiliations, and marital status.

Your education is one of the best gifts you can give yourself. Don't waste the opportunity. There are many things you will be tempted to do with your time and money, but none of them will give you the potential for success that an education will. When you step foot on your college campus, determine, right then, that you will finish what you start. Get to know your professors. They are teachers for a reason. They like their subject, they care about students, and they are paid to help you learn. Find other like-minded students who have similar interests, classes, and study habits, and help each other stay focused. Use the campus library, labs, and tutoring options, and don't fall into poor habits of trying to study with the TV on, or the stereo blasting. You really do need to find yourself a quiet place, conducive to learning. And, most important for your success in class, stay caught up with all assignments by being disciplined with your time, setting aside and guarding the necessary study time. Fun is great, and friends are awesome, but if they get in the way of your education, you'll regret it.

I love my school because, with affordable tuition, acceptance of federal and state grants, tons of certificate, diploma, and degree programs, many online and night classes, and tutoring from the Student Success Lab, it provides an avenue for anyone to be able to pursue the education that may be the key to improving their station in life.

Jennie

If I could go back in time and speak to myself as a high school senior, I would say that going to college is not an optional path. In order to succeed in life, you need a college education and as tired of school as you are during your senior year, the world is harder to navigate than academic life. Do not convince yourself that you will take a year off and go back to college later. It is far more difficult to go back than to continue.

jennifer

If I was back into high school again and there was someone that was going to give me adivse about college I would want it to be someone that makes me want to go to school. I am not far from getting out of college i mean it has been almost 10 yrs but i can still rememeber how i just wanted to get out and go to college and be on my own. Life outside college is not fun. it is very hard and in todays society if you do not have a college education you better be prepared to either live with mom and da forever or living on the streets poor and no money. Life may seem like its a fun way to live and you have freedom but freedom comes with responsiablities and those are not handed out for free everyone has to be responsible. Making the choice to go to college is the smartest thing any one can make and make sure that you finish before deciding on any other plan in life. Take college all the way it will pay off in the end and life for you and the family will be easier.

the parking it is to far from the buildings to be able to get in side and also how the school does not respond to your phone calls or to the emails even though they want to get emails i have emailed many of times and have not yet got an answer i had to go to the school and the book store and how expensive there books are

how close the campus is to where i live and how it is very easy to apply for the classes that i need to finish school

Kendrick

My classmates are helpful and cheerful, and they are always ready to learn and work!

I would tell myself to volunteer. Spend time in your community so you can get a feel for what you want to do with your life. It may not be clear to you then, but i guarantee it will later. I would also tell myself to visit colleges and universities! You may think that you like a college, but when you get there it is way different than you assumed.

The one type of person that should not attend this school is someone that is lazy. You have to be self motivated to go to any school, especially this one. So make sure that you are on top of your school work and maintain a good attitude.

Gwinnett Technical College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.