Hagerstown, MD
Hagerstown Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Hagerstown Community College

Meigan

Hagerstown community college is small but growing as a school we try to improve our faculty and facilities every semester. We continue to grow as a campus and a prominent member in the community. The campus is spread out enough to where you can get to classes in a timely mannner which is the main objective in a community college.

Jordan

Overall, I think Hagerstown Community College is a great school to go to if you aren't sure about your future. I was undecided about my career choice, but the faculty is such great help trying to help students with their scheduling and trying to figure things out. It is a good atmosphere and overall a great school.

josie

Hagerstown community college is a great college for students to learn and find hands-on experiences.

komal

I'm an online student. but college is a place to discover yourself and the world you live in. new people to meet every day and new personalities to discover. college helps you to reach the goals that you only dreamt of achieving. im very excited to attent college after these online classes

Royce

Great college available for people who live on a budget and need to work. There are plenty of activities to do outside of class and most teachers are very helpful and available. The campus is clean and there is a security presence so you always feel safe.

Kwadzovi

This is a great community overall. The professors are 5 star and are available for students outside classroom hours. There is also a student center for one on one help and for group tutoring. The only deceiving thing is there is not much to do around campus and off campus. The reason is because the school is located in a small city.

Jess

Classmates tend to keep to themselves, and most likely, if they were problematic in high school, they still are in college.

Students who are not yet prepared for a 4 year institution should attend this school. It is a good college to go to in order to "get your feet wet."

Erik

If I were to meet myself in the past. I would pull him aside from whatever group he was in, task he was doing, or wherever he was walking and I would tell him "Good job." "For what?" I would reply. "For being yourself. You have a good head on your shoulders. I know you have known this. People tell you this all the time but you simply shrug it off. I am telling you because I mean it, and I know." "What do you know?" I would reply. "I know that for all of your hard work and the stress that you put yourself through, sometimes on purpose, it is worth it. You did it. You made it to Liberty University. You set your mind to it and you did it. You were not afraid to step out into the world and you never became caught up in emotional woes." "Then why are you telling me this, if I made it all happen?" I questioned. "I want you to keep doing it. Keep making a distant goal and follow through. Keep enjoying the small things in life, and keep your friends on the same hand as you keep school."

The beauty of this community college is that anyone can attend. There is such an amalgam of people that attend this college that you can't assign its students as being apart of one particular sub-culture or in-group. As a result, there is not a sense of judgement or tension on campus. You simply can't feel out of place on campus because you will always find at least one person that is analogus or relatable to you in some way.

Katrina

If I would give myself advise, it would be to work hard. Although you may get tired, the work that you put into our education is well worth it.

I brag about my low tuition and great professors.

Katherine

The advice I would give my high school senior self would be to not procrastinate. Doing things at the last minute is very tempting and easy to achieve. Even though I maintained a high GPA and was a part of two honor societies imagine how much better I could have been if I had been writing and working to my full potential. By allowing myself time to actually work on the project and not rushing to throw it together at the last minute would have allowed a sense of pride at my grade, not a sense of relief. In college I can not get away with the short cuts I became adcustomed to in high school. When I do turn in an assignment now I give myself time to work on it, proof read, and rework everything because not only is it important to my grade, I want to be proud of everything I do. I wish that my high school self would have recognized the importance of not procrastinating earlier in my school experiances.

Hagerstown Community College has dedicated teachers that strive to not only teach what we need to know for the course but also to help us succeed. The professors take the time to assist students in any way that they can always inviting us to use their office hours and submit work before the due date to be reviewed and discussed. Every professor I have experianced is very knowledgable, dedicated, and student oriented. It has made my first two semesters at college enjoyable and successful.

I wish I would have known more about transfering and CLEP tests before I came to this school. While they encourage transferring to larger Colleges and Universities their information is inconsistant and depends on which academic advisers are available. Also I wish that I had done more research on internship oppurtunities and what would be compatable with the programs available at Hagerstown Community College.

Hagerstown Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.