Hamilton College

« See more reviews of Hamilton College

There is a lot of diversity on campus. There are students from all over the world with different religious, racial, and economical statuses.

The student body is predominantly white, but there is some diversity on campus. Many different countries are represented which is cool.

I think that because the school is so small there are cliques and groups and that people are differentiated in that way.

We are awesome. There isnt alot of clumping on campus and I think thats in large part due to the size of the school.

In class my classmates are usually energetic and engaged, but, unlike myself, on the weekend all they do is drink.

Hamilton students are friendly and eager to get active while also being incredibly hard working and talented.

There are a lot of different kinds of students at Hamilton, but ethincally there is very little diversity.

Most students are athletic, friendly, very intelligent, partiers, and from upper-middle class families.

White. Middle and Upper Class students. So people who do not fit this description we have exception.

My parents are quite well-off, however when they were married at the age of 22, they had nothing. Their dates when I was young consisted of going to Wendy's and buying a milkshake, because they did not have enough money to go out to dinner AND pay the babysitter. As such, throughout my life, we have gone from being quite poor to being quite wealthy, and while this would lump me in with some of my classmates in terms of socio-economic status, I feel that I do not have the same outlook on life as most of these other people because I was never given tons of money or super-privileged, because my parents didn't think that was the best way to raise children. As such, as I've already said, the students here are obnoxious about their money. It would be one thing if they walked around campus with their Dolce and Gabbana bags and were friendly towards other students, but they're not. I get the "I'm so much better than you" vibe all the time from people, and after 4 years on campus, I know for a fact that they're not better than me. Race is considered a crutch here at Hamilton, and I'm sick of feeling like a bad person because I'm white. Just because I'm white does not mean that I enslaved all the blacks, or that I am racist, because I am not. Many times I feel, especially on a well-educated campus like this one, that the people who keep racism alive are the people who are supposedly fighting so hard to end it. There's no way in hell I would be able to start a White Student Union, so why should the Hispanics, the Asians or the Blacks be able to? The kind of student who would feel out of place: a normal American kid who wants to do well in school, has morals and values, and doesn't consider getting trashed every night of the weekend their favorite pasttime. There is no mixing of the social groups. You are in a group and you stay in that group. Most students are from Boston, nice places around NY, Connecticut, etc. Everyone seems to have a friend that knows someone else who goes here.