Hamilton College

« See more reviews of Hamilton College

Many of the students are quite preppy but just as many are not. Wear whatever you want without the fear of being judged for it. There is also a healthy mix of moderates, conservatives, and liberals on campus which makes for great discussions during and outside of class.

I think Hamilton's student body is majority white, yet there is a mix from geographical, religious, political and economic backgrounds in that one predominant group. There are also other racial groups on campus that are very prominent and active.

If you're a hippie or anything like that, you'll feel out of place. Hamilton is mostly white and wealthy. That's just how it is. Most people are from CT. There isn't must political activism, but if that's what you really want, it can be found.

The student body, at first glance, is primarily white, with a few minorities thrown into the mix. After spending more time here, I realize that we really are not very diverse. In general, the students look the same, dress the same, etc.

school is predominantly white and economically well off, but definite asian and black population and obviously some with less money than others. most are from the northeast- NY, NJ, CT, MA. students are very politically aware.

The students here come from all over the socio-economic spectrum and once here those boundaries are broken quickly. I have friends who own their own planes, and other friends who grew up in rough inner city neighborhoods.

Hamilton is pretty accepting. The student body is not terribly diverse, which turns some people off. There are plenty of outlets for students of all backgrounds, though, so people tend to find their niche.

OK, often pretentious and overall very wealthy. If not from upper class may feel slightly out of place. Huge emphasis on frats/sororities, partying, drinking, and promiscuous sexual relations.

A passive student would feel awkward at Hamilton. On campus, everyone is involved in some extracurricular activity and is making a difference somehow. People who are idle will not do well here.

Students mainly wear upscale clothing. Most Hamilton students are from the East coast and from the higher financial background. Students have a very strong sense of political awareness.