Hamilton College

« See more reviews of Hamilton College

Academicly rigorous. Alumni involvement. No core curriculum. Frat boys drinking. Good food. Extra-curricular activities. Career center. Tutoring available for all subjects. caring staff. Well known lecture speakers. Enviromentally friendly science and social science buildings; as well as remodeling buildings with the environment in mind. Honor code. volunteer opportunities.

Class & Charter Day is the most loved and anticipated tradition. It's a day of partying together with your friends one last time before finals Silent Disco is also a more recent addition. Every semester, we have a silent dance party on one of the athletic fields while everyone listens to the same playlist on their iPods. It's a lot of fun!

My favorite campus tradition is Feb Fest, a week of events every February designed to distract you from the fact that it is the middle of the winter. This past year we had cheese and chocolate tastings, a big carnival, a Mr. Hamilton competition, and more! The week is always fun and there is something to look forward to every day!

It's a small liberal arts college with an emphasis on writing and public speaking. It has a very well established economics department and is known for its close community and strong alumni relations.

There are preppy rich kids as well as liberal "artsy" students. There is a heavy drinking culture on campus, but a lot of focus on schoolwork, especially at the end of the semesters.

Research Writing and Public Speaking. For having a strong Alumni support system

It is best known for its high academic standards and its emphasis on writing.

Writing and Speaking