Hamilton College

« See more reviews of Hamilton College

THe size is just right. All my professor know me personally, yet i meet new students every day. While most people from Euegene Oregon, my hometown, have only briefly heard of Hamilton, they have heard of it for good reasons. Our varsity streaking team is very near and dear to our hearts. Some of the major actions of the administration could be more transparent, but i have had many meetings with our presidents and other v.p.s to discuss personal projects.

It's a pretty small school in a very rural area, but there's always a lot going on. They do a good job bringing entertainment to campus - there's rarely a week that goes by without a speaker or performer on campus who's been on TV. There are also a lot of opportunities - as a freshman, I can be the co-president of a major club and conduct research. Professors are approachable and most classes succeed in being more discussion-based than lecture based.

Hamilton has nothing around it which means that the extracurricular activities of a Hamilton student involves alcohol, drugs and sports. I do not mean for this to be a negative portrayal of the school, but in reality the majority of the Hamilton population enjoys partaking in these activities. Nonetheless, there are still many other events available for those students whom to do want to drink or participate in IM or varsity sports.

It's a small place, which has it's ups and downs. The bummer is that you seem to know everyone on campus, the good part is that it isn't at all overwhelming. What you need to know is our campus is segregated: Light Side and Dark Side. The dark side is everyone who doesn't wear a polo shirt and madras shorts and listen to Bruce Springsteen or Journey or Dave Matthews on a regular basis. The light side is everyone who does that.

I absolutely love Hamilton College. Prior to actually coming to Hamilton, I'd speak with alumni or student and they'd all go on about how great the school was, and how it would be the best 4 years of my life. Initially I took it all as them trying to "Sell" the school, but after being here for a year I see exactly what they meant. It's provides a great sense of community; both an intellectual and social community.

Hamilton has a beautiful campus that looks like Hogwarts. The weather is AWFUL, and definitely the thing I would change about the school. But when the weather is nice, the campus is gorgeous and great to hang out at. There isn't much of a town, but part of Hamilton is being AT Hamilton, which I really like. I like going to such an exclusive school, because people are really impressed when they hear you go there.

Our school is small, which is good because it ensures that you will have small classes with professors who are always available. One may say that some professors "live" at the science center. When I tell people I go to Hamilton, I either get "oh, where is that?" or "Wow. Great school!". It depends on the person, but most professionals and people who know anything about schools know how great of a college it is.

Here's one experience that I'll always remember. I think it sums up Hamilton. I was going back to my dorm with a friend. As we fumbled to find our keys, a boy--dressed in a sequined green 80s prom dress--ran over, opened the door, and yelled, "Alohamora!" (The door-opening spell in Harry Potter). That's what kids are here: very nice and very quirky. It makes me love the college even more.

Hamilton is a good size, and people are really nice, and i think we need more diversity but i like the fact that its more diverse than my high school. there is a lot of school pride, clinton is aboring small town, but kids stay on campus theres lots to do. people think im smart when i say i go to hamilton. the president...shes ok, she seems to take lots of alumni money....

The best thing about Hamilton is the academics. This campus is beautiful. This school is way too small. I spend most of my time in my or my friends' dorms. Most people don't know what Hamilton is when I tell them I go here. The most unusual thing about Hamilton is the dark side, it is really weird and it sucks in general. The food at Hamilton and in Clinton is not very good.