Hampden-Sydney College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Hampden-Sydney College

Scott

I absolutely loved my time at Hampden-Sydney. Small classes, a close-knit brotherhood, and 240+ year-old traditions that have made me into a "Good man and good citizen". There isn't a day that goes by where I don't utilize the Rhetoric Skills that were taught and emphasized in and out of the classroom. Everywhere I go I find H-SC Alumni, and I have yet to meet an alumnus who didn't like his time on The Hill. We have competitive athletics, an active social scene, and one of the best alumni networks in the nation! Go Tigers!

Rakeem

It is an overall great school for someone who is looking for small class room size, small population, and accessible professors. The school is an all-male, so there's less of a distraction for males to get distracted. There's a sense of brotherhood on campus and the staff is there to help students succeed. It is an old school; it is older than the United States. There are a lot of job opportunities on campus and there a lot of internships available too. Greek life is extremely important, especially during Greek week. Hampden-Sydney is the place for you if you have no problem dealing with all males, small population, and country lifestyle.

Darlene

Looking forward to preparing for life there! A very focused atmosphere. The campus is well kept. The staff is very friendly. They communicate extensively, even with soon to be students. They have an excellent entrepreneurial network as well as extensive alumni envolvement.

Tanner

Hampden-Sydney College is not only a college for men to learn and study along with their other peers, but to also grow from boys to men. Hampden-Sydney teaches life long skills that will be used by all the alumni from Hampden-Sydney. I have had the great opportunity to not only visit but apply and be accepted into Hampden-Sydney College.

Tyler

Hampden Sydney has been a life changing experience for me as a scholar, gentleman and person. I have found one of the greatest treasures in the south. Hampden Sydney is a small liberal arts school in central Virginia with a long and proud history. I was accepted into several bigger schools like JMU but felt at home in a smaller school. I like being able to talk with my professors on a personal level outside of the classroom. Im more that just student 247. Im a genuine human being. The campus is absolutely beautiful. All the buildings are a classic federal design with Georgian touches. I have found friends and my spot in the community here. There is honestly nowhere else I would rather be.

Jacob

There's truly no place like Hampden-Sydney College. The brotherhood makes this place; everyone knows everyone. Guys greet one another in passing, and professors and students engage in conversation both inside and outside the classroom. The great sense of honor and trust really distinguishes this place and helps shape who you are as a person. The academics are always challenging, but that makes the education from Hampden-Sydney so much more valuable. Professors here teach you to think! I don't at all regret my decision to attend H-SC.

Jayvonte

I am planning on joining the Hampden Sydney Family soon! I just recently went there for a official college football visit and had the time of my life. The coaches and players were very welcoming, I got an amazing tour, and it really felt like that I could be there for 10 years; let alone a 4 year program that will be a breeze. They have a very good program and their academic statistics speaks for themselves. Great school overall.

Noah

Hampden-Sydney College is a great school! Hampden-Sydney CollegeHampden-Sydney CollegeHampden-Sydney CollegeHampden-Sydney CollegeHampden-Sydney CollegeHampden-Sydney CollegeHampden-Sydney CollegeHampden-Sydney CollegeHampden-Sydney CollegeHampden-Sydney CollegeHampden-Sydney CollegeHampden-Sydney CollegeHampden-Sydney College

Jordan

Upon my first visit at Hampden-Sydney College I feel in love with the over all campus and it reminded me of my high school. Everyone was friendly and inviting and I could tell they wanted me to love it as much as they loved being there. I've enjoyed my time here as a freshman and meeting new people. I look forward to the next 3 years and graduating from H-SC