Hampshire College

« See more reviews of Hampshire College

They are accurate in the sense that there are noticeable amount of these populations present, but Hampshire is also a collective of many different types of people who can usually be categorized as being individual and eccentric.

For the most part, yes. However, as part of hampshire sciences department, I can say that there is good wor being done outside of art and social sciences. There arn't many of us, but we are a close knit and dedicated group.

Intense drug use isn't really common and there is actually a really large sub-free population. It is true that Hampshire is essentially entirely rich white kids and hipsters and hippies certainly outweigh any other look.

occasionally. there's a handful of folks who truly DO conform to those stereotypes and a whole lot more who have certain aspects of them. but you don't get a whole lot of two-dimensional folks at hampshire.

for the most part, yes. there aren't many down-to-earth, fun people here. there are many, many very, very egotistical people here. there's a lot of intellectual bullshit, and people can be very judgmental.

You can find a fair number of people who fit these stereotypes. However, they are far outnumbered by self motivated, passionate people who are really involved in changing the world.

No. People here are genuinly engaged in studies they are interested in. The pot use is not any more than any other school. Having no grades is actually more difficult.

Not as much as they probably used to be. Hampshire costs so much money that the people who can go here represent a much more upper middle class homogonized culture.

there are a fair amount of hippies, but on the most part the majority of Hampshire students shower. Also, there is a lot of marijuana :(

Sometimes; it depends on who you talk to. There are definitely people who fit the stereotype, but plenty of people who don't.