Hampshire College

« See more reviews of Hampshire College

It's a very challenging program with incredible opportunities if you know how to find them and make them happen. People complain a lot about not being able to take care of business or get good advisors but really you just need a hell of a lot of self-determinism and you can make it work. You need that anyway to get through the program. Div III was the best thing I could have spend tuition on.

my professors are some of my best friends. we go out to dinner together, go to the bar, spend time talking about shared interests. they hold the bar very high for students, but certainly get to know their students and tailor their classes accordingly. most hampshire classes are extremely rigorous and interesting.

You can get away with doing very little. Most work really hard at what they're interested in. Professors are very approachable. I wish that core requirements were less arbitrary and allowed for more flexibility. Sometimes, first year courses seem like useless hoops to jump through.

Are pretty good. People don't take advantage of the ability to do independent studies as much as they could. Professors seem to go on sabbatical or leave the school a lot which can make it difficult when there are not many people in each field.

MORE READING A WRITING THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE. Seriously. Think of the most you'd be willing to do in highschool and tripple that. The application to Hampshire has like sceighty-eith essays...that's just the beginning folks.

This is a great school to do whatever you want, as long as you know what you want to do. The Five Colleges and Division III project are the most appealing aspects of the Hampshire academic life.

I've had amazing teachers and terrible teachers. Some are boring but brilliant. Others are Incredibly interesting. Students aren't competitive with each other.

They're bullshit. You learn next to nothing in your classes, and if the professor doesn't like you they can do whatever they want.

Sometimes professors who you've never talked to know your name.