Hampton University Top Questions

Janae

Compared to other schools that I considered, Hampton University is more academically focused, diverse and has more opportunities for internships, and other field related opportunities. Oppose to other schools, at Hampton I feel the school has a lot more school spirit and puts an emphasis on making new students feel welcome at their new "Home by the Sea!"

shantell

It also offers distance learning

Abrayel

The amount of African American history that one can indulge by attending Hampton University is extremely unique to me. Booker T. Washington is actually Hampton University's most distinguished graduate. Today, there is an undying culture as well as a healthy thirst for knowlede that lies among the students that attend Hampton. Other schools that I considered were not filled with the same cultural fulfillment that Hampton provides.

Yolonda

Hampton University has a rich history that includes the matriculation of Native Americans and African Americans post Civil War. Founded by General Samuel Chapman Armstrong Hampton began with two teachers and 15 students in 1868. What I love most about Hampton is that it was the site of the first southern reading of the Emancipation Proclamation (1863). The Emancipation Oak Tree still stands on the university's campus. Since it's inception, many of this country's leaders began their career at Hampton University including Booker T. Washington who later founded the Tuskeegee Institute now university in Alabama.

Quincy

The magnitude of student services offered in order to make sure that the students receive the proper education & experience needed in order to get ahead in the world. Such as the Student Support Services; it offers Financial Aid, Internships, Seminars, Community Service, and Tutorial.

Jordana

There is a connection between the students and our heritage as African Americans. The students may not know about all the activities purpose on the campus, but they do respect it to a degree.

Kori

It's in a small town.

Kenneisha

One of the most unique things about Hampton University is our five year MBA program for Business students. The MBA program give Business students the opportunity to recieve a post secondary education and Masters degree at the same instution in a shorter amount of time. The main advantage of being apart of the program is the great jobs students have after graduating and the money they make for having a Masters degree in Business. Also, having the good knowledge and background as a Business major will take the graduates a long way.

Jade

it is a diverse school and career oriented

Cassandra

The most unique characteristic about Hampton is its size. It is not too big nor too small. Its a place where if you were outside of campus recognize a Hamptonian when you see one.

Takhari

It's a Historically Black University and diverse in its own ways. I love this school because it gives African American students a chance to bond with one another and get an experience that you cannot get at any other college. Although there are not all blacks working in the real world, this University builds us up and gets us ready for the many challenges that will come our way once we are out in the working world.

Miyone

Hampton University is unique compared to other schools I have considered , mainly beacuse of it's size is relatively small compared to other schools of my choice. Hampton is also the only HBCU that I considered. It's location is also unique beacuse it is located right off of the water.

Alisha

My school is a historically black university and many of my peers are second and third generation students at this school. Although my peers and I are of a similar ethnic background, we all bring different experiences, perspectives and opinions to the campus. The school has also increased the number of international students. My school also teaches skills related to professionalism and ethics that will help students be successful in any career they chose. A motto here is that we receive and education for life.

Makayla

Most of the schools that I had applied for were on the west coast, while Hampton University is on the east coast. Also Hampton University, unlike the others schools that I had applied for such as Sacramento State, Hampton University is part of the colleges that fall under the Historically Black College category.

Beverly

Hampton University is unique compared to other schools I considered is due their higher standard of learning. For example, compared to Norfolk State University where the minimum grade point average is 2.0, at Hampton the minimum grade point average is 2.75. Hampton University is also uniquely situated conveniently to transportation while going to Norfolk State University would require me travel for an hour through two congested tunnels.

Breanna

One of the most unique things about my school, Hampton University, is that it is very diverse with students and faculty. There are many people who are from the other side of the United States or even from the other side of the world who attend my school. I think this is a good thing because we are able to learn more about other cultures and regions with hands-on experience. It is very likely that you will graduate with a friend who is of a different nationality, region or culture.

Shaywanna

Hampton University is a historically black institution that focuses on diversity as well as african american history.

jessica

Although ethnically we are alike, we are we are still soo very diverse and us Hamptonians appreciate that.

Gerrell

Although my school has a high percentage of african americans, we still have a very diverse set or group of people. One thing I do like alot about my school is that we are all mostly christian or baptist and it is nice to have someone to sit and talk with about your religion or beliefs when you would like to.

Alexis

The people are very welcoming, and in many cases the friendships made at Hampton University are what make people what to stay all four years at the institution. I would say I find the closeness of the students at Hampton University to be very unique.

carson

our campus is beautiful and there is alot of beautiful people who attend our school

Jasmine

The different places all the students come from.

Carissa

Hampton University is very culturally shoking at first. Being a historically black school, it takes a while to get used to.

Gabrielle

Hampton is surrounded on 3 sides by water, so it's very scenic. It also has a lot of rules, especially for freshmen, designed to keep them from getting lost in the transition from high school to college.

Isaiah

It is located on the water next to the largest naval base on the easr coast. It is also found in the middle area of the east coast.

Charisma

We are a top HBCU (historically black college/university)

LeTiequa

The multi cultural experience although its a Historically Black University. And the connection between everyone there. Like a family away from your own. "YOUR HOME BY THE SEA".

I believe the student body close relationships to another is a unique aspect about my school compared to other schools.

Bianca

One unique feature that Hampton University has to offer, is the overall development of confidence and originality in its students. It is a culturally diverse school with plenty of oppurtunities. Here people are very accepting of different cultures and ideas. Many people find who they truly are because here, they feel accepted and able to express and explore their true selves. Every other school may offer the same classes, but not the same type of feeling when students attend Hampton University.

We're surrounded by water on three sides. Great atmosphere for studying and romance (LOL).

Branson

That there is an uncanny sense of fake people. As long as you are yourself you will have a great tenure at Hampton University

Sherea

It is a good size in terms of population. The experiences you get are unlike any other. The professors are motivating; the other students are fun to be around; it's like being part of a family. There is no place better. One just feels at home.

Bianca

has many rules but is still a good sociel environment