Hampton University Top Questions

Arie'yana

Affectionately called “Our Home by the Sea”, Hampton University is located on a peninsula with a gorgeous view of water on three sides. Promising an opportunity for repose on late summer nights and a refreshing burst of air on winter mornings, the water that surrounds us creates a beautiful atmosphere for our campus. The boats sail across perpetually, leaving us in awe… as we gave in the cryptic mist of and gaze at the “green light”; as if we are members of the Great Gatsby cast patiently waiting to reach our goals and live a luxurious lifestyle.

Joye

My school doesn't have great resources but it teaches you to utilize the little you are given in order to create a masterpiece.

Shantequa

I usually brag to my friends on the way Hampton University is always pushing their students to put their academics first. I also admire how there is always a member of the Hampton University faculty willing to assist all the students regardless of the subject, time, or location as well as providing information about education and career options. In my opinion, Hampton University's nursing program is always current with new medical information and requirements to make sure the students in this program are well aware of all the changes in their field.

Candyce

My school is very diverse, in which I like very much. Although it is a Historically Black University, it offers an outstanding experience that a student of any race would enjoy. Not only are we prestigious, but Hampton Univeristy is one of the schools that offered education to Booker T. Washington and other free blacks, especially during the civil war. The freedmen's bureau had a hand in Hampton University assisting Blacks with their transition from slavery to freedom from this school, thus explaining the diversity this school shares with the staff and students.

Janae

When telling my friends about the school, I brag mostly about the social aspect of the school, including school spirit, the togetherness of the students, the focus on making all Hamptonians feel like a family, as well as, weekend activities. I also brag about the lifelong friends that I know I have made due Hampton's focus on making everyone feel comforable and welcomed.

Tiffany

The beautiful scenery. Being right on the water is gorgeous. The great sense of family on campus. Many on campus activites.

Paris

When telling friends about my school I brag about how much everyone really is a family no matter what happens we manage to come together.

Sydni

Hampton University really is a huge family.

Kristina

I like to brag about the amount of campus organizations our school has. There are so many to choose from that people have to try NOT to be part of one!

Romiah

The one thing that I brag about is how much fun I have at school.

victoria

I love Hampton! It is my home by the sea. It is a culmanation of different economic, political and social classes and that's what I love diversity, Even with the differences, we still have one common goal , to get an education for life that will prepar eus for the world. HAmpton University is uniques, in that it is a Historically Black College/ University or HBCU. There is no other institurion like HBCU's and once you go black, it's really hard to go back. There is always somethin going on at Hampton and I love that!

Tyrone

I brag the most about the weather, I live in NJ we're not used to the VA heat.

Mariah

My dorm and how it sits off close to the water. My teachers, classes and my dance troupe.

Charniqua

We're one of the top HBCU's in the country and you have to take pride in your education here.

Alycia

Hampton is very rich in its history and has a vast group of people from diffrent states and even countries. I meet people from CaliforniaNew York and Africa all in the same class. Hampton's history also gives you a sense of pride. It has produced some great people in history.

Zayuna

I probably brag most about how many students would like to be at my school because it is one of the top Historical Black Universities. Hampton University affords their students not only with a top education but also provides this silent nudge that encourages students to become mature preparing them for the real world that awaits.

Alexis

We are the real HU. Not Howard University or Harvard but Hampton University. Also we have great programs such as the Scripps Howard School of Journalism and Communications adn the new proton research therapy institute is only 3 of its kind in the world.

Adriona

Someone who does not like rules and regulations. Hampton is a strict school . Freshman have curfew, we have mandatory meetings and events that we have to attend for a grade/class. As Freshman there is a set schedule that you have to go by in order to get the rhythm of college life. The university is very well-organized so if a person doesn't plan on being organized then Hampton might not be the school you want to attend.

sharaya

When bragging about my school, I mostly tell my friends about the high academic standards that my school holds. Here at Hampton University, academics are the main priority of the faculty and the students. When leaving here it is believed and moreover expected that students are prepared for the real world and will have no problems getting a job in whatever career path they have chosen.

I most commonly brag to my friends about my school is definetly the environment and the people. I believe that in addition to creditable, and caring teachers, you also need a welcoming, encouraging environment and thats exactly what Hampton University provides. Being an out of state student, and an entering Freshman that particular custom means a lot to me. . The people here at Hampton are just as helpful and considerate. They have very flexible office hours and they even go as far as giving the students their cell-phone numbers to make sure they get immediate help.

How our school is much like a fashion show. People have a certain sophistication in the way they dress, it's a school ffull of stuck rich black students...or those who 'pretend' to be rich

Nicholas

I tell my friends that I might not be African American, but I still feel welcomed. Also, I like the fact that I find it very easy to make friends at the school that I am attending. I also tell my friends that my professors seem to actually care how I am doing in the class. I don't feel like I'm just another face in a classroom to them. Also, my teachers are easy to reach if I do need help.

Morgan

The people that go to this school are great. All of the students are nice and every pretty much gets along with each other.

N.

The prestige

Erika

When i talk about my school i talk ab out the people i meet and allt he fun activities there is to do on campus.

I enjoy being part of the Hampton University community very much. I brag most about the social life at school. There is always something to do even when there is nothing to do.

Asia

The experience, diversity, opportunities, and overall the pride the staff, students, and alimni take in their university, its truely like a big family

When I'm talking about Hampton University to my friends, I always tell them that how beautiful the campus is. The campus is located right by the waterfront. I also tell my friends how friendly the atmosphere is and about all the friends I've made and people I have met from all over.

I boast about the high standards of learning that Hampton Universtity has. The teachers are also very experienced in their field and bring real life experiences to the class room.

Earl

It is one of the most prestigious HBCU's in the country.

I brag mostly about the great experiences and opportunities I have.

Mawutor

the weather, it rarely gets cold here.

Eboni

The scenery! Although I admire many things about Hampton, the scenery provided an atmosphere that made you feel relaxed when you had a rough day. I love to bring people to see how beautiful the campus is. It is steeped in history and that brings along a sense of pride to have been a part of that.