Hampton University Top Questions

William

Hampton University is a school for anyone who is serious about their education. Like any other school, it's what you make it.

Mia

The type of person that should attend this school, is someone who is very motivated and willing to push themselves beyond their comfort zone. Someone who wants to be the next CEO, Chemist, even President. Someone who is willing to learn the standards of excellence in our society today.

Romiah

The type of person that should attend Hampton University is someone who is academically focsued. Also, they should be able to balance social and academic activities.

victoria

If your idea of school is to party, then do no come to Hampton. Academics come first at Hampton, that is one thin gyou will quickly learn. For $32,000 you better keep your grades up. Now Hampton is not just about books they do well to offer seminars programs and events to culture you in things you otherwise wouldn't indulge in. When the time comes and trust me there is a time for it, social events are always happening. At Hampton, when you have fun, it's the best fun because your hard work has paid off!

Renita

People that really take school seriously. People that are going to college to get an education, not for and games.

Cynthia

A person with a passion for learning and ready to handle there education with out help from their parents.

Candace

Anybody that wants the HBCU experience should attend Hampton University.

Sheridan

Anyone who is committed to furthering their education in a historically rich environment.

Linda

Someone who is open to new ideas, nonjudgemental, and strong will. Hampton University is a Historically Black University, so most of the student population is African-American. I am Caucasian, and I have never had one problem from other students about my race. One needs a strong will because of the courseload for the more difficult majors. It is easy to put off work and deal with it later, but it always comes back to haunt one in the end.

Christine

A laid back person should attend this school. A person that is goal oriented and doesn't mind not having a lot to do during the week and weekend.

Somone who want to learn more about the African American culture or experience. Someone who enjoys intimate classes and flexible courseload options. Someone who wants to participate and be active on campus because otherwise they will be bored.

Odessa

It takes a very patient person to attend Hampton. The "Hampton Run-Around" gets old really quickly. If you plan on going into the broadcast/journalism this is a great school. Also, in order to come here you need to live close so that you can get away on the weekends!

Jokita

A person wanting to attend HAMPTON UNIVERSITY must be strong-willed and able to keep focus and not let social life or dorm life detour them from an opportunity to gain a degree in a field of interest. Also a person must be able to deliver speeches and address the student body and the whole school on different issues; Hampton University is not surrounded by city lights like other HBCU so one must be willing to travel if they want fun.

Tiffany

A student who is open to diversity and learning would be very interested in Hampton University. One whom is goal oriented and is willing to take the necessary step in order to reach them. Students who do not mind being known by name in a classroom setting, as well as, those who are family and community based because that is what Hampton's campus is generated around.

Alisha

When you come to college and decide on a major, you may think you will only take classes related to your major or career field. My school does a great job of providing students a well rounded education. We are required to take courses such as history, physical education, humanities, and English in addition to the curriculum for our major. This provides us with additional skills and talents for success. A person who is looking for supportive peers and professors should consider attending.

Amy

Everyone is welcome at Asnuntuck! Whether you are an A-student, or need considerably more help than your peers, the staff at Asnuntuck is personally vested in your academic success. Working adults, high school grads, those aiming for certificates or laying the groundwork to pursue advanced degrees later on - if you need an education without the needless excesses of a large campus Asnuntuck is right for you.

antonia

fun person who likes majoring in sciences or bussiness or law

Danyelle

Individuals should attend Hampton University if they are willing to do what it takes to be successful in the future.

Jasmine

Hampton University strives to promote learning, produce students of character, and prepeares its student for positions of leadership and service. Someone who strives to be a person of moral substance and a leader in their future occupational field shpuld go to Hampton University. The campus produces an environment where students want to push themselves to be better and more productive individuals. Students who are willing to push themselves to be better individuals should attend this school.

Beverly

Persons attending Hampton University should be confident and self-assured that they could do well and be an academic standout.

Leandrea

This school can be a good school for anyone. I would suggest that someone who doesn't mind following to many rules and regulations is probably the best pick. There are alot of strict rules and regulations that the university is not always willing to bend for any student in any situation.

Lachelle

Hampton University is a balanced school if you like to really focus on your studies but have fun too it is a good choice. although it is an historically black school it is very diverse and no african american decent are offend rewarded nice finacial aid packages.

Ta'lor

A serious focus student who lives off campus has a job and drives their own car.

Adrienne

A determined person should consier attending Hampton, because the standards are so high.

Jasmine

I believe a person that has maintain a good g.p.a. in highschool should attend this college and if the person wants to do well in life than they should apply.Also, if the person is determine and focus then they should apply.

Kelli

Someone with long-term goals for their career and life as a whole. Someone who is all about positivity and only wants a brighter future for their self

Jasmine

People who see the good in rules and let little things roll off their shoulder should attend Hampton. People who can afford to pay for their education just in case a loan or financial aid does not come through. Anybody who is goal-oriented, self-driven, and wants an HBCU experience should attend Hampton University.

Ifeekam

A person who is driven and is focused on gettin thier work done. Someone who is looking for a new type of surrounding maybe a city person tyring to find a quiter area. A student who does not have living standards or prefrences would tolerate thier livin quaters. Hampton University is definately and adventure, so some one who is always up for new things. The school is full of history and the professors as well as staff try and teach students about the history of the school. Anyone who takes pride in what they do would be interested.

Asia

An out going person who is not afraid of challenges and figuring some things out on their own, can stay focused and determined at all times

Morgan

A person who wants there independence should attend this school. If you want to major in Nursing, Pharmacy, Biology, or enter a 5 year MBA program, Hampton University has one of the best programs from them. Also, there's alot of school spirit and although it's a Historically Black University, the majority race is of course African American, but the diversity is that everyone comes from different backgrounds and neighborhoods.

Shaniqua

Any person that is looking to attend a prestigious HBCU with a rich history is welcome at Hampton. Being a Hamptonian means being highly intelligent,sophisticated,fashion forward,and unique.

Princess

A person who is focused on there studies. A person who is friendly and can network.

Charisma

African-American students that are academically and socially focused.

erica

people that want to be surrounded by a strong African American population and supposed breath taking views of the 'sea', that is actually a bay.

Antonia

Some focused on grades and has a balance with social life

John

The makings of a true Hamptonian is a person who is academically driven to succeed and one who is not easily led estray. Hampton enforces high standards of personal conduct and decorum. They beilieve in integrity, honesty, respect for oneself and others, decency, dignit, responsibility, and fairness. In fact, all freshmen must sign a Standards of Conduct pledge and attend a University 101 class.

allynn

People who really like fashion.

JaJuan

Personally, I would not advise this school for anyone to attend. However, if someone did decide to enroll into Hampton University, I would hope they are someone who enjoys small classroom sizes as well as have a mode of transportation. There are not many stores available in walking distance and one needs to be driven everywhere. From a social stand point, someone that likes a samll community atmosphere where everyone knows each other would also enjoy this university.

Branson

Anyone who wishes to gain self-confidence and be around fellow African Americans striving to be the best!

Patricia

An open minded, friendly, goal driven person.

Scottie

Anyone who wants to see African-American students trying to enrich their lives by education with other African-Americans

Candice

Anyone can attend this school. Someone who is focused and knows what they want.