Hampton University Top Questions

Khairee

Personally, I consider my major department, psychology, the best thing about my school. I love the program that I am in and the faculty as well. The faculty for the psychology department are very active with the student body; they inform us about everything, such as seminars, panels, new additional classes, community service, graduate programs at other universities, and even advice for the career path that would benefit ourselves individually and help us achieve our success.

Gabrielle

The bestthing about my school are the programs. Hampton University caters to students who are in sports, greek, honors programs etc. They make sure every students belongs into a special program and always offers scholarships/financial aid if needed. They have an open arms setting and make sure their students are comfortable. At Hampton, we are the standard of excellence. If a student ever has an issue, the staff members do the best they can so solve it. The friendly people, the programs and open armed environment is the best thing about my school, Hampton University.

Briana

The best thing about my school is honestly the education that is provided to the students. The education that we receive helps us to get jobs and start careers when we leave this college after graduation.

DeVonne

The best thing about Hampton is the students. The students here really bond together for the common goal of graduating. It doesn't matter if one student has more money, older, or smart everyone tries to help one another.

Kenneisha

The best thing about attending Hampton University is that it's known for being an incredible HBCU (Historcal Black College University). This school is one of the top five HBCU's in the country, because we are held up to our motto "The Standard of Exellence". When people think of a Historical Black College, they automatically think only African American Students attend the colleges, but not at Hampton University. We have a diverse range of cultures that attend our school. Such as, Caucasian, Russian, Asian, and Hispanic. Most of our diverse students are participants in our school sports.

Vanita

I will admit that when Hampton was first suggested to me I didnt want to attend the school. Aftering actually visiting the school and meeting the people that got to Hampton I reconsidered everything. Hampton is a great school thats next to the water and if you love the water like I do then its a perfect choice for you. Not only is the beauty great about the school but also the history surrounding the school. I think its great that a required class teaches you as a freshman everything about the university.

Akilah

The best thing about this school is the upper class dorms.

The best thing about Hampton University is the quality of education and the social life.

Maneesha

The best thing about my school is the education. While Hampton University is indeed the standard of excellence, he education has taught me both practical and theory skill that can be used beyond my field and practice. While Hampton University is not the best school for everyone, I am proud to be at Hampton because the education is exceptional. The faculty and staff truly care and support students which makes learning and education more effective.

Linda

The best thing about Hampton University is its small size. There are approximately 5,000 undergraduate and 1,000 graduate students. The campus is small and surrounded on water on three sides, preventing a massive growth spur. The classes are generally small, and everyone knows everyone.

Takhaja

I think the best thing about Hampton is that a lot of people who attend this school have the same goals and aspirations in life. Of course everyone wants to come out ontop but i really feel that Hampton students have an excellent work ethic and knows the true meaning of what hard work and dedication is.

Brianna

The best thing about Hampton University is how close the students and faculty are as a community. As freshman we are assigned Big Brothers and Big Sisters who look out for your well being, provide you advice when needed and help you make that transition from high school to college life. That is what brings the seniors, juniors, sophmores and freshman students closer together and makes Hampton University feel more like home.

Serena

Every University has its organizations and clubs to get involved with, but at this University there is a unique type of compassion that is given off from each. The other Universities that I chose I feel now were not as sophisticated in some optional ways. There are plenty of schools that you can receive the personal attentions, but here the feedback is always constructive. Meaning you can retain this for the next time you have to develop yourself personally.

The best of about Hampton University would have to be how much history is rooted in the school. I love the fact the school is grounded in its morals and ethics and we are one of the very few schools that have a strict dress code besides schools that have to wear uniforms, and strict rules on boy/girl visitation (no co-ed dorms) ,and campus curfews.

Adriona

The worst thing about my school is the curfew. Usually coming into college people think they automatically have freedom. Well, at Hampton freedom is limited. I think that's the worst thing because you have to be in your dorm at 11pm on Sundays-Thursdays and Fridays-Saturdays it's 1am. You can't be with your friends hanging out late because if you aren't in by curfew, you get early curfew which means you'll have to be in by 6pm everyday until your dorm director tells you otherwise. I don't like the curfew!

Leandrea

The first thing that comes to mind about my university when I think of the best characteristic has to be the sutdents willingness to help each other. Here at Hampton University we call each other family, and thats how students treat each other. All students tried to help each other, rather it be with books or notes, we all look out for each other.

Shenel

The best thing about my school is the students who make a first hampton university experience worth more than anyone could imagine. The students are what make campus fun, challenging, enjoyable, and unforgetable.

Sierra

I would consider the empowerment of friends the best thing about my school. Every school has its struggles, but a majority of them lack a support system to keep you emotionally and mentally motivated. Here at Hampton I am able to maintain my sanity and grades with the help of my friends. They give me advice when I need it whether it's about school or personal matters. They help define the balance between academics and social activities.

Sean

The best thing I would consider about Hampton University is the campus life experience. For the time I have spent living on campus, I have met many people from all over the country and developed great friendships. Also, the staff are superb at making the students feel comfortable, especially those who are away from home for the first time. The campus has a fun, relaxed atmosphere that anyone could adjust to easily.

Linda

The best thing about Hampton University is the small size of the campus. There are only about 5,000 undergraduate students and approximately another 1,000 graduate students. The campus is small enough that one can cross it by walking in approximately 20 minutes. The class sizes are the same as high school, and it does not feel like the campus is overcrowded by people.

Dominique

I consider numbers to be the best thing about my school. There are never to many students in a classroom to the point where a professor has to acknowlege you by a number rather than your first and last name. The number of students who attend my school is very at a very good medium, because you meet so many new people but are able to keep up with the many people throught the years. The numbers are also great for networking. You can create a one-on-one realtionship with professors, staff members and coaches.

Yolanda

The students here are like one big family. They are there for everything you need. If you want to go to walmart someone will take you. If you need notes someone will give them to you. If you just need someone to study with there is someone for that too. The students at Hampton are very friendly and help each other all the time.

Whitney

I would recomment that the student really come and looks at Hampton University before attending. Notice the workers and how the people treat you. Overall, I came here because my father wanted me to go but I wouldn't have attended it if he didn't want me to. I think that the name hypes it up to more than what it really is. I now have student loans and I really need money to help pay them off.

LeTiequa

The strong alumni, and history behind the diffrent buildings. My personal Fav. is the fact that the Emancipation Oak tree sits on the outer edge of campus.

Klassic

Its diverse and has many opportunities.

I consider the students and the school's journalism program the best thing about my school.

Marcellus

I consider the environment a great atmosphere. The water surrounds the campus by three sides by beautiful blue water. Communities around the university support students to do well by encouraging support performances.

Bianca

With any school it is, what you make it and Hampton University is no diferent. People have to be willing to put themselves out there to get what they want which is helpful in the real world to succeed. It is a cut-throat world and Hampton University prepares its students for it. In my opinion, this is the best thing Hampton has to offer because sure every school educates their students, but not every school prepares their students for what they eventually have to face.

Earl

The natural setting and intensive coursework.

Aminata

The best thing about my university is the students that attend. The majority of the student are very welcoming and focused. Students know what they want and they strive to achieve their goals. Students also work together to make the best out of what our university has to offer.

Piatra

The best thing about Hampton University, is the sense of spirit we have when it comes to sports. Students may not exactly like Hampton as an overall school, but when it comes to sports, everyone comes together for the common cause.

Christopher

The best thing about my school is that most of the people are very friendly and are very interested in seeing everybody exceed in school and life. I love this attribute about Hampton because it gives us confidence and determination to actually fullful their vision.

Ja-Mes

Hampton students and faculty are genuinely interested in the success of it's students whether it's academically, professionally, or emotionally

Rodney

The best thing about my school is the professors no nonsense tolerance. They prepare you for the real world; on time for class as well as assignments. A syllabus is given during the first day of class and you are responsible to know how , what , and when assignments are due. Also the dress attire during some presentations as well as on campus. Upon completion of college every students should be responsible , productive citizens.

Eboni

I enjoyed how Hampton prepared us for the real world. Although the school had its flaws, we gained specialized attention and life experience through our classes and extracurricular activities. We were given tools to succeed in the business world as well as in life.

Adric

Everything, because it made me the person I am today!

Kenneth

The best thing about my school I believe would have to be it's size, as well as the success that is shown through the alumni, whove graduated from this university. The size of my campus is fairly small, which allows most of the professors and students to know each other a little more deeper. And all the alumni who've I seen graduate from this campus are fairly successful after they graduate, they either become the best in there field or either continue to help with the community around my campus.

Alana

The aspect I consider to be the best thing about my school is the morals and work ethic they try to instill into the students, allowing them to appreciate life as the successful young men and women that come out of there.

Kandace

The best thing about Hampton is the facade that is created to lure you in.