Hannibal-LaGrange University Top Questions

emily

In college, it is a much tougher experience than high school. Not only are classes in college harder but you dont have a teacher calling your parents if you missed a class. Teachers may not tell you that missing classes will affect your grade but you miss out on participation points and homework. It is very hard to juggle work and school but you must make sure to only take the amount of classes that work well enough with your schedule. This is just the jist of college but Good Luck!

Alysia

I would tell to myself to buy comfortable shoes and socks, because I would be wearing them all day long for 13 hours or more. I would do this because coming from a homeschooling background. I had no need for wearing shoes all day long. It has one of the hardest transitions for me.

Chase

If I could go back and visit myself in 2011 as a high school senior, I would definitely tell myself to take more chances. College life can be very intimidating. Caution is good, but it can also lead to downfall. That being said, I would have told myself to follow my heart in some situations, instead of following my logic. I would have told myself to befriend as many people as possible. Especially at Hannibal-LaGrange, in such a tight-knit community, you get to know a lot of people and it is really nice to know most of your campus. I have made lots of new friends, but I would have told myself to be more outgoing and just take a chance with more people. Lastly, I would have told myself to study 15 more minutes for my New Testament class. I was 1 grade-point away from getting straight A's. In the end, there isn't really much I would have told myself. I am very happy with where I have ended up at Hannibal-LaGrange.

fawn

If I could go back in time and speak to my high school self I would remind myself how quickly 4 years will go by, even though it seems like eternity. I would tell myself to persevere though the hard times, and turn down fun, social events if my work is not complete. Finally, I would tell myself to take advantage and make the most of the gifts that had been given to me.

Michaela

During the first year of college, I have learned much about myself, others, and life in general. College, as a stepping stone to life, is to prepare you for what is ahead. It takes commitment and discipline to do your homework or study for that test when you know your friends are watching a move, playing games, etc. There must be a balance between burying your head in your books and enjoying the experiences of college though. This is unlike any other time you will ever have. I have learned how to open up in a different way this year at college; my friends have stretched me to step out of my boundaries, to be okay with being goofy sometimes, and to be more social. My closest friends here at college are still from the first week of Freshman Orientation. Even though there may be silly activities and there may be other things you would rather be doing, it is totally worth it in the long run to attend these. Not only has college taught me to be disciplined and to reach beyond my own boundaries, but it has taught me the value of life experience and relationships.

I would tell myself that there is sometihng amazing instore for myself and to not give up. To work hard and be the best i can.

chelsea

I would tell myself to work hard in school and not allow your fellow classmates to cheat on tests. I would tell myself not to take advantage of my teachers but to respect the teachers because your teachers can help you in your career. High school was so easy but you always had help; in college you have to ask for help and sometimes you can't even get the help you want.

Jasman

Pray about it. Choose the school that feels like its more for you. Not the school that all your friends my be going to.

Visit more than one school becuase all schools are different and make sure that you as the student can see yourself at that campus. Don't settle for things that really matter to you and your belifs. This is a major part of your life and it can make or break your future so make your decision wise and ask what other people think. College is so much fun but it is hard and so that is why it is important to make the right choice.

Finding the right college can really predict if your future will be successful or not. I would encourage students and parents to try to find colleges that resemble an environment close to the high school they attend. For example, I attended a high school that was very small and in that I chose a college that was fairly small. I came into the college feeling really comfortable and confident that I would succeed. The last that a new student needs is to feel overwhelmed about their surrounding at school.