Hanover, IN
Hanover College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Hanover College

Brooklyn

The beautiful environment surrounding my university makes for a peaceful, nature-friendly lifestyle and educational experienc...

The beautiful environment surrounding my university makes for a peaceful, nature-friendly lifestyle and educational experience.

From my college experience, I have gained the most important piece of knowledge that one can. I have learned who I truly am. The setting, the people, and the immense amount of education that I have been fortunate enough to encounter have allowed me to understand what I want from life. It has allowed me to see that I want to pursue a career which will allow me to make a difference for individuals globally. I have found great interest in cultural studies, and hope to travel the world as I continue to both make that difference and learn infinitely. Hanover College has allowed for me to figuratively "fall in love" with learning. I cannot even express how thankful I am for that fact. Now, as opposed to before my experience here, I truly believe that there is no such thing as too much education. Because of Hanover College, I cannot get enough of it.

Students who should attend this school are those who are nature-loving, eager to learn, dedicated, driven, open-minded, simplistic, and creative.

Erin

My classmates are small-town people with a mind-set that this area represents most of the world they will see in life.

College is a time of growth, learning about yourself and others in the process. It is ok not to have a full-length, detailed plan for your life, instead enjoy the process with an open mind. This way, you will be able to consume the knowledge you will learn in college (both in and out of the classroom) rather than worry whether it will be applicable to your future career. Enjoy the ride, Erin. When you fail, get back up and know you learned something new. However, there is a difference between a challenge and a wrong direction, though. Don?t be afraid to listen to your instinct and follow the path that?s right for you, not the one that?s right for everyone else. College is a unique opportunity that you will regret if you only focus on the future instead of appreciating the present. Enjoy the ride, Erin.

It is great if you know exactly what you want to do. If not, be prepared to work hard in classes you may not like while figuring out your future. The professors want to see you struggle to success and not be handed it easily.

Leah

My classmates are diverse, dependable students who are eager to learn and excited about life.

Ok, Leah. Here's the deal. College is totally different than high school...not necessarily in a good or bad way; it's just different. Trust me. When you get there, you'll know exactly what I mean. Suddenly, everything changes. You're living on your own, taking care of yourself and calling all the shots. Mommy and Daddy aren't around anymore. Now YOU are the boss, and it's the best feeling in the world! Or is it? Well, take it from me. While being at college can be very liberating, it can also be very intimidating. I'm not going to lie...the transition is tough, especially when you're attending an academically-challenging school. Much will be expected of you, and everyone will be telling you something different--get involved, study hard, party all night long! You might find yourself wondering, 'How do I handle it all?' Well, first of all, understand that no one can do it all. The best thing to do is prioritize your activities and work to find a balance between them. It might be difficult, but don't give up. Embrace every opportunity you are given and never stop learning.

Hmm...well, I usually brag about the size of my school, the quality of education, and the beauty of the campus! Because Hanover is so small, the campus community is very close-knit and genuine. At Hanover, everyone has a name. Class sizes are small, which allows professors to get to know their students. As a result, academics are top-notch. Finally, the location of Hanover is so...refreshing. Rather than crowded in a polluted city, Hanover sits high above the gorgeous Ohio River. Many of my friends who attend large universities miss out on these experiences that Hanover offers.

Katherine

Don't be afraid of the unknown. It is hard at first because you don't know anyone however, everyone else is in the same boat. There are many people all around you who are looking for friends and are just as lost as you are. Don't be afraid to talk to them. Also, remember that by being here you are doing what is best for yourself. Your parents will understand if you cannot make it to every family function or be there for them. This is the point in your life where you need to focus on yourself and your education. Also remember that all those one dollar snacks add up after awhile.

Jacob

My school is a rigorous school accademically and diverse it terms of academics.

My school is a rigorous school accademically and diverse it terms of academics.

Tyler, words of wisdom from a time you know not of yet are coming to you. My dear friend, first please apply for more scholarships. They will help you in times of need. You don't know everything nor are you ever going to. Be humble, but not to the point where you sacrifice your confidence and self identity. You are going to change, especially in terms of religous thought. It's okay, trust yourself and keep living life. P.S. Think long and hard about whether or not you want to take a class called Francophone Multiculturalism. Love, Yourself

The best thing about my school is that it lets you dabble in various fields to help further your unerstanding of yourself as a person.

Lindsay

My classmates are genuine, intelligent, insightful, hard-working, and amiable. The professors here tend to initiate a relaxing atmosphere for class which helps students feel at ease and feel able to easily communicate their ideas without being intimidated by their peers or the professor. Professors and peers actually esteem students more for expressing their own insights and ideas in class time. Most classes here are discussion-based and require students to express their opinions.

If I could go back and visit with myself as a senior in high school, being uncertain of the future and terrified of making life decisions, I would want to want to reassure my young self that it is okay to make decisions. I've learned that everything in life will be ok as long as you take it as a learning experience. Remain certain in who you are, what goals you want to accomplish, and take the time to enjoy it along the way. Get to know new people, take advantage of exlporing new outlets, and take time to learn what matters the most to you in life-- friends, love, happiness. Looking at the incoming freshmen at Hanover, I often catch myself smiling. I smile for their innocence, their vast opportunity before them, and their youth-- the places from which I myself have grown as they will. With my time at Hanover coming to an end, I look back on my years here with great satisfaction as a senior. Meeting the people I consider my family, becoming immersed in a supportive, engaging, and nurturing environment, I feel privileged to be a part of this unique home for four years.

I wish I would have known that the majority of students who attend Hanover come from the surrounding tristate area, and therefore, will travel home on the weekends, leaving campus a little quiet; as a student, you have to be creative and resourceful with friends in order to think of things to do.

Sara

They are known for strong academics and it is a very respectable school.

They are known for strong academics and it is a very respectable school.

It will always be tough to choose the right college for you. There are so many to choose from and you will never know if you picked the right one until you are there. What helped me the most was going on an overnight visit. This allowed me to experience Hanover College up close, and personal and allowed me to meet people who I would be going to school with. Making the most out of your college experience was relatively easy for me. I was immediately welcomed into multiple clubs, and varsity athletics at my school. this helped my transition to go very smoothly as I immediately made many friends at my school. College is a fun, and you just have to learn how to balance fun with learning.

There is so much work outside of class and sometimes it is hard to juggle with all of my activites. It's like the professors think their class is the only class we have.

Seth

Find one that will truly challenge you to grow not only academically but in all aspects of your life

Kristie

My advice is directed toward the student because I had no assistance from a parent in choosing a college. First of all the student should be knowledgeable of her financial situation. If parents are willing to help, that is great, but if she will need to take out loans she needs to secure a co-signer and plan to repay the loans after graduation. With the financing in mind, looking for a college or university becomes a checklist of personal preferences and sensibility. The student should check for his or her intended major, talk to current students, visit the college (not just for the parties), and definitely sit in on classes in which future professors will teach. The reason for these precautions is that in order to do well at a college the student must be comfortable in her surroundings and it is even better if the professors are not only great teachers but also very approachable. The greatest motto I have learned from by year and a half of college is that being surrounded by good people makes one's life experiences that much better.

I love that my school has a small campus

freshmen that don't take class seriously

Jeremy

The best advice I can give is to go on visits and experience the school first-hand. Pay attention to everything at the college, including how secretaries and admissions ambassadors treat you. If you can, talk to students and professors in your potential major. Their job is to communicate the strengths of the school and make you feel welcome. If a professor doesn't pay attention to you as a visitor, you can be sure that they won't pay attention to you when you are their student. If a professor seems annoying or uncaring in a ten minute discussion, you are likely to find sitting through several hours of class each week very frustrating. When you have narrowed your decision to a few schools (3-5), go on overnight visits. This allows you to get a feel for the social life, study habits, living situation, and other aspects of the campus that are difficult to detect from daytime visits. By experiencing both the academic and social environments, you can make a better decision about what school fits with your career goals and personal preferences.

Small classes mean students have lots of opportunities to discuss what they have read and learn from the professors.

Someone who ONLY wants to drink or play sports will struggle to get through because the school places lots of emphasis on academics and doing research in your major.

Hanover College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.