Hanover College

« See more reviews of Hanover College

The scholarship program. Hanover offers a large number of merit scholarships to prospective students. However, G.P.A. requirements make maintaining the scholarships difficult for all but top students. Furthermore, because of Hanover's strict anti-grade-inflation makes maintaining a top GPA, and hence a merit scholarship more difficult than at most institutions. Many students who are initially offered scholarships lose them after the first year. In addition, Hanover's nontraditional credit system makes it hard to transfer out, leaving students with little choice but to finish at Hanover for the higher price.

The most frusterating thing about Hanover College was the the lack of promises fulfilled by the administration and a general ignorance of what the students needed because their focus was more on alumni giving than on current students.

There is so much work outside of class and sometimes it is hard to juggle with all of my activites. It's like the professors think their class is the only class we have.

The actions of the administration reflect a complete lact of respect for the student body and an unwillingness to treat them like adults.

freshmen that don't take class seriously