Abilene, TX
Hardin-Simmons University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Hardin-Simmons University

Cory

It's a beautiful campus that is surrounded by a small town feel. Residents are very welcoming .

Audra

Hardin-Simmons University is definitely a second home, there is so much of a family feel around campus. Professors and faculty are very helpful and supportive not only academically but also personally. They genuinely want to know their students as people, not as numbers.

Haley

Hardin-Simmons is a spiritual and friendly school. Class sizes are kept small and faculty is always available to speak with one-on-one. There are also several club organizations to join and plenty of activities to be involved in. It is a great place to continue your education!

Charity

Hardin-Simmons is a small school with a very homely feel. If you're looking for a big lively campus this is not it. People here are nice and always willing to help you. If you stay in contact with your professors they will usually bend over backwards to help you in any situation. One of my main core courses has 15 people in it. Class sizes are amazing, smaller than my high school. This really does impact how you are treated and the help you receive from your professors. They are required to have set office hours and be in their office during those times. Tutoring is available for ALL subjects and majors. It took a while to become adjusted to living in a small city but the school is worth it.

Chance

I think Hardin Simmons is a great school to attend. All of the professors there are very friendly and really care that we succeed. The amount of friends you make while there is also incredible. Overall, the school is a great place to get your education along with learning more about yourself and the type of person you are and where you fit in.

Andrea

Hardin-Simmons is a good university for students who want to be involved and grow intellectually. The small campus allows for more networking between students and faculty. There are plenty of activities for students to participate in, and there are plenty of degrees for students to seek after. The teachers are involved in their students learning by constantly advocating for each individual they are involved with. The variety of people and activities allows for new ideas to be formed and for new relationships to be made every day. At Hardin-Simmons University, students can be sure that they will gain life-long friendships and an education that will lead them to a successful future.

Lisa Anne
Safe and Sound

Safe and Sound

Hardin-Simmons University is a safe and exciting place to further your education. There are many opportunities for students on and off campus, and the area is great for student life. Academics are fantastic, professors are extremely helpful, and student life is fantastic. And it is a very safe baptist university with sound Christian values and caring people. If my mother felt safe dropping me off for my first year by myself here, then it really is safe!

The chapel here is amazing. Its a unique experience every time you go.

The chapel here is amazing. Its a unique experience every time you go.

I would go to school and concentrate more and study more. I would also focus more in every class so I can make better grades and get a better GPA.

A religious person who is strong willed to graduate and who would want to succeed in life.

Daniel

This is a difficult question to answer because I am conflicted on how I should respond. Part of me wants to lie and compose a well-constructed, emotional, and eloquent response that tells of my regrets of the choices I made my senior year in order to better my chances of recieving a scholarship. But that would be a lie... However, I am nervous to be honest and seem arrogant. Despite my fear of sounding haughty, I have to say that I truley cannot think of any advice I would give myself. I tried hard to be humble and enter college with a healthy amount of fear, and I did. I was not as prepared as I wanted to be, but it is well with me. Sure, I wish someone gave me some advice on how to better transition, but the struggle of persevering through unexpected circumstances made me grow up. I have matured as a young man as a result of adversity, and therefore I am grateful. So maybe I would have some advice to give my former self. I would tell myself to be more grateful and appreciate my fortunate circumstance to pursue a higher education.

I love my professors. Each and every one of my professors are passionate about teaching and have catapulted into academic success. For the first time, my favorite part about school are my classes. I owe my freshman year succcess to my great professors.

The wholesome environment. From the very first time I set foot on campus, I felt like I was wanted there. Not only did I feel wanted, I felt as if I would be a needed addition to the student body.

If I could go back in time to give myself a letter of wisdom it would read: "Hey, Hannah. Focus! That boyfriend of yours, although he may seem perfect, wont be four months from now. Let him go now...before you spend three years wrapped in his arms, only to spend your freshman year of college wishing you wouldn't have given your heart away. Stop blaming yourself and live life moment by moment. I know your heart is broken, your body bruised, and your arm scared from the pain you felt as a little girl. The abuse will stop and you will grow up to be a strong and rational young woman. God will use you to help other in ways you could only imagine. Remember: Forgive and move on. Use your voice to fight for whats right.The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Yes, I might have stolen that quote from Eleanor Roosevelt, but thats what educated girls typically do. Never loose sight of who you are and stick with what you love. God is guiding you. Don’t be afraid to jump!"

Students who long to grow as an individual and want an education enlightened by faith. Hardin-Simmons is a small university where teachers care about you and your education. They will go to great lengths to see you succeed!

If your not looking for an education just a college to party at Hardin-Simmons is not your college.

Hardin-Simmons University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.